Author Topic: XML2 Textures and Models Question  (Read 2646 times)

Suspended Night

XML2 Textures and Models Question
« on: October 29, 2009, 10:47pm »
Ok so it doesn't look like many ppl are working with XML2 anymore (yeah I'm late). Anyway, I'm working something big, I need to get to the player skins of XML2. I have Texture Finder 2.1 installed, but when I go into the game directory (I'm working with the PC version of the game, by the way) and go the folder called "Actors" and load these .IGB files, they show up totally screwed up in the app and they save that way too? What's going on here?

Second, where are the actual player models located at? None of the files in the directory called "Models" seems to have character names like Wolverine, NightCrawler, Cyclops etc. Seems to be just scenery stuff for the maps?

Offline iammingy

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • 鐵IRON FIST拳
    • my youtube channel
Re: XML2 Textures and Models Question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:59pm »
If you are talking about the XML1 skins, then those would likely be PS2 models, which uses paletted colors instead of DXT3 for textures. You can use Texture Finder 2.1 to find the offset for the texture map, but you would also need Texture Finder version 1.32 to find the palette offset.

Character models are found in the actors folder. The stuff in the "models" folder are for boltons, weapons, and many other stuff for each level's map.

Suspended Night

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 11:41pm »
Thanks, but I'm working with the PC version of XML2. And I tried Googleling Texture Finder version 1.32, it didn't turn up anything? Do you know where I could get this?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:44pm by Suspended Night »

Offline iammingy

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • 鐵IRON FIST拳
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 11:57pm »
Thanks, but I'm working with the PC version of XML2. And I tried Googleling Texture Finder version 1.32, it didn't turn up anything? Do you know where I could get this?

I know you are working with the PC version of XML2. You said it in the first post already. In fact, almost every one here works with the PC version.

You can find TF v1.32 here.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg2749#msg2749
And read that tutorial, too.

EDIT: For reskinning those PS2 models, you would need the NRskinner.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1224.0

EDIT2: Oops. It looks like the link to TFv1.32 doesn't work anymore. I have uploaded to Mediafire for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ejmzkmuymmh
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:10am by iammingy »

Suspended Night

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 12:17am »
Thanks, I appreciate the help. When you said PS2 models, I assumed you that you mis-read "PC" as PS2 version of the game and not the PC version, but I guess not. Are you saying that the models for the PS2 and PC version are one and the same even though they are under different platforms?

Offline iammingy

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • 鐵IRON FIST拳
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:29am »
Are you saying that the models for the PS2 and PC version are one and the same even though they are under different platforms?

No. If that's what I meant, I wouldn't have said PS2 models explicitly. hahaha. Those PS2 models originated from the PS2 versions of XML, but they also happen to work on the XBOX and PC versions of XML2.

For all character models that came from XML2-PC, you could use TF v2.1 with the DXT3 option to view the textures. Most of the offsets for the PC models are available here if you haven't noticed already.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:40am by iammingy »

Suspended Night

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:41am »
Ok, in both version of TF, I'm not locating the offsets I need. I'm adjusting the Shift, DXT3 and such as much as I can. Around what Shift value should the proper image info be?

Offline B.L.A.W

• Sorry, but Cannot accept chat messages through proxy. I won't help you via PMs. Post in the public section of the forum.
  • Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Creating a modding tool.
    • Marvel Mods Forum - Main Index
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 02:29am »