Whiteking's mods UPDATED - Emma Frost 2.0 & NPC Jean Grey

Started by whiteking, October 30, 2009, 08:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: whiteking on May 25, 2010, 12:21AM
Emma Frost 1.0
Preview Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umLhumVRjc8

This mod includes:
- 9 powers (4 official powers [XML1 powers updated], 5 custom powers, 1 boost)
- 5 skins (XML1 New X-Men new model, Astonishing, White Queen, X-men the last stand/Steampunk Saloon Girl ) + 1 bonus skin not included in the herostat (Alternate XML1 New X-Men PS2)
- Sounds
- Icons, Huds, Character Banner, loadscreen (one more in progress)
- Mannequin

-Link-
http://www.mediafire.com/?hymyy2tkm2u

Thanks to:
Blaw - New- Xmen mesh, Astral Form mesh and diamond form for Saloon Girl and X3 skins
Blizz and Matt710 original Emma Frost mod and Megabooster.
No Doubt jr - Help with the new textures and Empath code from his Revanche mod that was used on Telepathic Illusions.
Dark Mark- codes and shockwaves effects.
Tetragene for her 1st boost sound.
The people behind Wolverine and The Xmen show, some powers are inspired by.

This is probably the mod of why I'm most proud, because I played with a lot of stuff here, I finally was able to add a third skeleton, I edited some textures and effects and also I played a bit with the codes of some powers.
She started as a mini booster but slowly she became a full mod with a big update to all of her powers. First I updated her 4 original XML1 powers.
Telepathic Illusions (Fear) has a random effect on her foes, some can be stunned and some other just run in fear, It doesn't deal a lot of damage but on the other side you have all of your enemies on the radious under your control, that's really fun.
Mind Control (Command) now deals damage and also update the fighting skills of the converted enemies.
Diamond Form includes multiple resistances, telepathic inmunity and super strenght.
Psychic Bedlam has a new texture :)
And of course the new powers based on Wolverine and the X-men that you should try it so I won't say anything else :P
But enough of this, just download her and tell me what do you think ;)

Report any bug on my workbench please.

Hope you like it :)

THIS IS THE BEST EMMA FROST MODS EVER !!!!!!!!!

Emma Is AWESOME, she really is FANTASTIC!! Now we will see why she is called white queen!!
And Songbird is amazing too!!

Also realized that Emma Throws Wolverine not sure if it's a bug but i like it i love the mods you made i just beat the game with Songbird Emma Frost Moonstone and Wolverine in 1 whole day!!

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on May 26, 2010, 10:15PM
Also realized that Emma Throws Wolverine not sure if it's a bug...

That sounds weird to me too.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

It's not a bug, the original Emma Frost mod (By Blizz and my base for this mod) has the line "canthrowally" in her herostat.
I left that line because i like to imagine that she turns into diamond and can use the fastball special with wolverine lol, and I don't know if it's possible to add that move only on her diamond form so, if you think it's weird just erase that line in her herostat.

Thanks to everyone for the nice words, I'm really happy to know that you liked the new mod :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

If you can find the powerstyle entry for the ally throw then it might be possible to limit it to when that Diamond Form boost is activated.

Put this in the throw:

fallback = (put the original throw entry name here) ;

And:

require {
      cat = affecter ;
      item = special ;
      level = 5 ;
      }

Then in the boost put this:

affecter {
         affect_type = sum ;
         attribute = special ;
         level = 5 ;
         }

The number in "level =" can be anything.

Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on May 27, 2010, 03:40PM
If you can find the powerstyle entry for the ally throw then it might be possible to limit it to when that Diamond Form boost is activated.

Put this in the throw:

fallback = (put the original throw entry name here) ;

And:

require {
      cat = affecter ;
      item = special ;
      level = 5 ;
      }

Then in the boost put this:

affecter {
         affect_type = sum ;
         attribute = special ;
         level = 5 ;
         }

The number in "level =" can be anything.

Thank you very much for the code Dihan, I'll search for that entry and make some test with the codes and see if works.
Perhaps I can relase an update for Emma with some surprises that I would like to add as well.
Thanks again :)
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

you could also just have her turn into diamond anytime she throws an ally and then turn back to human or remain in diamond form if she is already in that form.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 27, 2010, 03:48PM
you could also just have her turn into diamond anytime she throws an ally and then turn back to human or remain in diamond form if she is already in that form.

That sounds easier, I've been looking for that throw ally powerstyle but nothing, how can I do that?
To my workbench :)
Phoenix Endsong #5

Hello, There is a problem with some Emma's icons. When I play with a joystick, psionic slam and psionic blast doesn't have icons.

Quote from: Jean_Scott_Summers on May 27, 2010, 07:57PM
Hello, There is a problem with some Emma's icons. When I play with a joystick, psionic slam and psionic blast doesn't have icons.

Mmm that's weird I'm sure that both powers has the correct icon on both powerstyle and talent file. After read your message, I though that the problem was the same than Cates Apocalypse mod and go to my powerstyle to check this:

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 27, 2010, 03:57PM
Cates I think gamepad people are having issues because the powerstyle is missing iconfile = textures/ui/apocalypse_icons1.png ;

playable files have this,
XMLB PowerStyle {
cansteal = true ;
iconfile = textures/ui/america_icons.png ;

at the beginning. and apocalypse doesnt, he has this
XMLB PowerStyle {
cansteal = false ;

no texture entry at the top. in xml2 the powerstyle is were gamepads get their icon info from, so it may be the same for MUA.

But my powerstyle indeed has that line. So I'm not sure why do you have that problem.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Just found a tat of a glitch in Emma. When in Diamond form, you need to block, then she still says diamond, but you can use all the other powers, then you need to be in diamond mode again, then block again, and then she becomes human. Is there anyway this is fixable (it looks really weird though, Emma using her telepatich in diamond form XD)

Are you using her New-X men skin (first skin)?
That's the mesh that Blaw did, and I don't know why many people has problems with the diamond form, it worked well on my game. Jeanfan had a similar problem and then it was fixed, perhaps you should ask him about it.

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on May 25, 2010, 10:31PM
ok i kinda got the problem fixed as i waas facing Arcade and HAD to change into diamond that worked i blocked and she didn't turn back into her original skin BUT when i changed into diamond form again and blocked she changed back to her skin so i guess it's fixed

Phoenix Endsong #5