Whiteking's mods UPDATED - Emma Frost 2.0 & NPC Jean Grey

Started by whiteking, October 30, 2009, 08:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Optic-Witch on March 27, 2011, 10:21AM
Will WhiteKing skins for Emma work in XML2 ?
most of them should. which one(s) are you interested in?

well the bonus ps2 model included should work, but not the actual mesh. there is barely a difference though

I always use PS2 skins on my mods, but the first one (New X-men if I'm right) is the mesh that Mr. Law did for me and it wont work on XML2, but as Mr. Deedooo said I included an alternate PS2 skin or if you are patient, I'll release a complete new set of skins that will be exclusive for XML2 (along my mod of course ;))
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

:emmafrost: problem fixed, something happened to my herostat

Whiteking, your Emma Frost mod is amazing. Definately one of the best mods .
The COOL TEAM:

Paulie Provenzano - "You--?! You weren't there a second ago! And you're talking directly into my head?"
Jean - "That would explain the echo."

Thank you, I'm glad that you liked her :laola:
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Emma is definitely my favorite character of all time, and the love the "psi-crown" effect that they gave her in Wolverine and the X-men and that you gave her in the game.  I was really satisfied with this one, of all the versions of Emma that have been made; this one is my absolute favorite.  I was wondering, however, if there was a way to change her "psychic spheres" power so that as you put more points into it, its strength increases, but only one sphere is produced instead of multiple ones.

Best Mod ever!!!
"Power isn't key for the likes of us. It's skill, training, and will. All of which I possess in abundance."

So noob question here:

I replace the New X-Men default with Blaw's BBTL skin, how will that affect the diamond form?

EDIT: Btw, the skin change that happens occurs when I use the Astonishing costume and go into Diamond form. Then when the fastball special is used on Wolverine, the skin changes into non-diamond New X-Men.

Blocking reverts it back to non-diamond Astonishing. But the Astonishing shift from diamond to human form has no issues.
"Power isn't key for the likes of us. It's skill, training, and will. All of which I possess in abundance."

Quote from: psifan on April 27, 2011, 12:34PM
Emma is definitely my favorite character of all time, and the love the "psi-crown" effect that they gave her in Wolverine and the X-men and that you gave her in the game.  I was really satisfied with this one, of all the versions of Emma that have been made; this one is my absolute favorite.  I was wondering, however, if there was a way to change her "psychic spheres" power so that as you put more points into it, its strength increases, but only one sphere is produced instead of multiple ones.

Thank you. Yes it's possible to do just one sphere, open the talent file and search for the entry from that power, there must be a line dealing with the number of the spheres.

Quote from: dabrain930 on June 16, 2011, 09:13AM
So noob question here:

I replace the New X-Men default with Blaw's BBTL skin, how will that affect the diamond form?

EDIT: Btw, the skin change that happens occurs when I use the Astonishing costume and go into Diamond form. Then when the fastball special is used on Wolverine, the skin changes into non-diamond New X-Men.

Blocking reverts it back to non-diamond Astonishing. But the Astonishing shift from diamond to human form has no issues.

Thanks for the nice words :)
As I told you before I don't know why you have that problem with the Astonishing skin. If I'm right that skin is the XML2 variant (Short hair and a skirt) that skin was converted by Matt710 and I never had a problem with, does anyone else has a problem with the Astonishing/XML2 variant?
About the Blinded by the light skin by Blaw, if I'm right that skin is not hex edited, so the internal numbers doesn't match the ones used for Emma and her diamond form, so it's not compatible.
By the way I merged your last 2 post, because you cant double post here, its on the rules, next time use the edit button :)
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on June 16, 2011, 09:27AM
As I told you before I don't know why you have that problem with the Astonishing skin. If I'm right that skin is the XML2 variant (Short hair and a skirt) that skin was converted by Matt710 and I never had a problem with, does anyone else has a problem with the Astonishing/XML2 variant?
About the Blinded by the light skin by Blaw, if I'm right that skin is not hex edited, so the internal numbers doesn't match the ones used for Emma and her diamond form, so it's not compatible.

Oops. Sorry about that. I'll be sure to take that into account going forward.

The Astonishing skin is actually the default from the mod file I downloaded from you. It's the one with the cape and long hair. As you can tell, I'm not great at skin switching.

I actually prefer the New X-Men one that Blaw did, but the outfit attributes are better with Astonishing, at least I think it is. I like the New X-Men for leveling since it has an XP boost, but for utter rampage, I go with Astonishing.
:)

Weird, that skin was included in her original mod and as I know it works correctly with my mod too... well you can always replace the astonishing skin with the New X-men mesh by Blaw. Just copy the file (19803.igb) and rename it with the number from the Astonishing skin (check her herostat to see the number from that skin)
Phoenix Endsong #5

I found a tutorial that explains it to me on the Knowledge base forum. So I'll definitely try that.

Also on another forum, I saw that you asked someone [I forget who] about the Astonishing cape and how the arms and legs kind of seep through when Emma walks/runs. Did that ever get resolved?

No, that problem with the cape is because the model itself not by a code or something in the game, so it can't be fixed.
Phoenix Endsong #5