Apocalypse Mod - Revised

Started by Cates, April 26, 2007, 07:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh My gosh Thank You so much Iammingy.  I really appreciate it.  :apocalypse:

Hey everyone. Sorry to be gone so long and that the links are down. I'll re-up the current version soon, and begin working on some updates, such as a 3rd skin that never quite got completed as well as loadscreens. If anyone has the mannequins that were created for Apoc, link 'em here and they will be included in future updates.

Nice to see one of my favourite mods get a update soon :D

May 17, 2008, 06:07AM #95 Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:14AM by Cates
OK, as I'm delving back into this, here are a few issues:

-Someone was asking about flight, but, as I remember, he doesn't have flight animations. That's not a real priority in my opinion. He does have a teleport power.

-Loadscreen is done, but his iconset could use an overhaul. I'm planning to do this, but it will be lower on the priority list than new skins. Others can feel free to jump in if you have a hankerin'.

-is the "black-suited, blue cape" mannequin http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1467.msg27779#msg27779 that was created an actual look for Apocalypse? I don't think I've ever seen it, but if it is that's an easy skin to producde. 

-I'm reminded of my annoyance at being unable to get Apoc's cape and arm tubes to appear in game. I'd love someone to look into this as I have had no success. He should have a blue one for the Ultimate (XML2) skin and a red one for the AoA skin. The other skins in the works don't need capes.

Quote from: Cates on May 17, 2008, 06:07AM
-Someone was asking about flight, but, as I remember, he doesn't have flight animations. That's not a real priority in my opinion. He does have a teleport power.

If you need, you can use a third set of unqiue animations as fightstyle.

-is the "black-suited, blue cape" mannequin http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1467.msg27779#msg27779 that was created an actual look for Apocalypse? I don't think I've ever seen it, but if it is that's an easy skin to producde. 

I think that's how it was attempted to be. MXYZPTLK made it probably, as I haven't seen it either other than in this thread. haha

-I'm reminded of my annoyance at being unable to get Apoc's cape and arm tubes to appear in game. I'd love someone to look into this as I have had no success. He should have a blue one for the Ultimate (XML2) skin and a red one for the AoA skin. The other skins in the works don't need capes.

The skin-filter doesn't work on capes (and all boltons that need a separate animation set). :( So, you can't really have cape on one skin and none on the other. It's an all-or-none event. :(  I think you can make the arm tubes as 2-bolt-point effect-entities and bolt them to him in the powerstyle. I am not sure if you can make it hang down, like in comics; it would just be a straight line from forearm to pelvis, for example. I don't think you can add this in the herostat either, meaning it won't appear in the menu.

New upload on page 1 with some minor changes.

Also, I'm working on a third skin based on this: http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/7/75/En_Sabah_Nur_%28Earth-2000114%29.jpg

]

I went a little crazy in smoothing him out to make him look robotic, so he's got oven mitts. Going to have to change that. Happy with the face, though.

that will be badass if u can get that skin to look close to that...keep up the good work Cates...are gonna be makin knew mutant power icons...

Yes, he definitely needs an icon update. That was the 1st icon set I made, and its crap. It's on the to-do list.

why does apocalypse 2nd skill (the mace slam one thingy) kills enemies in 1 hit?

I don't have it loaded right now, so I can't answer for sure. Did you use the cheat to max your powers early in the game? If a power is fully maxed, you'll slaughter enemies early on.

In any case, I'll look into it when I get a chance.

no i used apocalypse with no cheats and used him in HARD mode remeber HARD mode it also kills scorpion in 2 HITS!!!!!

Hmmm... I remember this Apoc mod had a power where he creates 2 big cylinder-thingy on his fists and punches the ground multiple times with both hands. This is the only power I remember that was a bit too overpowered, other powers works fine though. :) I am not sure if that's the "mace slam" you mentioned... :apocalypse: