MUA1 Character Mod Catalog

Started by Cates, April 28, 2007, 09:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I believe that the characters in the quadmod files overwrites other character's files. Well, at least when I installed Jean Grey a looong time ago that happened. I ended up with 2 Jeans instead of 1 Jean and 1 Invisible Woman...

What I mean is that in order for it to work, you'd have to install it replacing those characters. Backup is essential.

Quote from: Sasquatch on October 29, 2007, 06:53AM
I tried to install only the sabertooth mod from the quadmod without use the herostat.engb of the mod. I descompiled the herostat.engb from quadmod and take the text of sabertooth and replace elektra of my herostat.engb but when i selecet sabertooth the game crash. I did something wrong or is impossible install this quadmod without use that herostat ?

It is possible you did something wrong, I have played the QuadMod Sabretooth and it worked OK. Check the menu locations, that you have all the skin files (or fill them with one of the existent), no repeated/overwritten numbers, and I believe there is a spelling mistake (Sabertooth instead of Sabretooth).

By the way, Toothy uses 161xx, so there shouldn't be overwriting.

October 29, 2007, 12:14PM #138 Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:18PM by Sasquatch
this mistake is on the mod just check . I know that right name is sabretooth :rofl:
my english is not so bad as you think

October 29, 2007, 12:21PM #139 Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:28PM by Sasquatch
i think the problem is the menulocation i changed this on the sabretooth and psylocke mod and both crash when i select them. Am i right ?

edit: I found the problem. :banghead: I'm a dummy all this time i was extracting and "unzipping" the hole folder and not every single folder in the right place :banghead:

Quote from: Sasquatch on October 29, 2007, 12:14PM
this mistake is on the mod just check . I know that right name is sabretooth :rofl:

It was not about your spelling, I was saying I tought there was a spelling mistake within the mod, and that might have been causing problems.

With so many great mods its VERY tough on settling on a roster.  So picking through the characters I noticed something funny.  Currently there is exactly enough mods to turn your MUA into X-Men legends 3.  Totaling in 27 characters.  So start with the 4 in game X-men Wolvie, Storm, Iceman, Colossus.  Add in the Cyke and Nightcrawler for the gold edition. 

Then add the X Hero Mods Jean Grey, Psylocke, Angel, Havok, Beast, Dazzler, Cannonball, Emma, Jubilee, Gambit, Bishob, Chamber, Magma, Polaris, Professor X, Sunfire, X-Man, Marvel Girl and Cable. This totals 25.  And for the Final 2 throw in on/off agian villains Magneto and Juggernaut.  (616 Creed was a hero for like a day so I don't count him) and there you Have a very solid X-fans dream team!  Way to Go MarvelMods on making this possible!

Oh and nearly forgot about Rouge who I imagine will be up once power theft has been Figured out.

October 29, 2007, 10:33PM #142 Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:36PM by iammingy
We can still add Morph and Warpath and Shadowcat to the roster! :D

October 30, 2007, 04:14AM #143 Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 04:32PM by Sasquatch
Quote from: boreman on October 29, 2007, 09:56PM
Quote from: Sasquatch on October 29, 2007, 12:14PM

It was not about your spelling, I was saying I tought there was a spelling mistake within the mod, and that might have been causing problems.

My apologies, i don't want to sound rude I was only explain why i wrote wrong but seens that you already know the mistake is on the mod

As I said before all mods I made are attempts to get all the stuff together for the Villians and get effects closer to what they are in the comic's they are really just starting points, wips for any and all modder's as it make it alot easier than having to go collect all the stuff and make the files only released so the people could play as their favorite villain,so please do fix them up any way you see fit.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

November 07, 2007, 12:31PM #145 Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 01:16PM by iammingy
I have been (and will also be) very busy.  How come these mods are arranged by "Stages"? I am a bit confused here. @_@

Stage 3 = Those with a preview vid?
Stage 2 = ??
Stage 1 = ??

Both my She-Hulk mod (Stage 2) and Toxin mod (Stage 1) have the same type contents and both have fixes to the known issues? However, I will make an update for each of them around X'mas holidays...I hope.

Any clarifications would be great. :)

EDIT: Wouldn't it be easier for people to navigate if the mods are arranged by names? (.. and may include the date of release (or update) and list the stuff the mod lacks (or needs) next(or under) the name (or link to the mod)?)

Tommyboy made a mod for Falcon:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.msg22918#msg22918

The Boy Sanga's mod for Captain Britain:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=741.0

Quote from: iammingy on November 07, 2007, 12:31PM
EDIT: Wouldn't it be easier for people to navigate if the mods are arranged by names? (.. and may include the date of release (or update) and list the stuff the mod lacks (or needs) next(or under) the name (or link to the mod)?)

That is how I had it.... (minus date of update) but with some of the unchecked ones (a lot of cvc's stuff) at the bottom.

Read this thread to see why idrinkdrpepper changed it:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1228.msg23132#new

Apparently he changed the "WORK IN PROGRESS / INCOMPLETE / OTHER MODS" section to "Stage 1", the "CHARACTER MODS" section to "Stage 2", and made a new "Stage 3" section with those 4 mods.

I still liked it better the older way, and I don't see how Omega Red, Vision, Dazzler, and Mysterio are considered more complete than mods like Juggernaut, Gambit, Sunfire and She-Hulk :scratchhead:

i agree with iammingy, arranged them by name, its much easier.  Plus the notes are really helpful, you know what they need and what they dont.  PLus the discussion threads they originally came from are linked in the mod entry, all people have to do is read to see what and what not is missing.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Ok, I added dates for a bunch of them. The only with "Last Updated" that I am not 100% sure about the "Missing" notes for is Captain Britain, is he missing any of the necessary stuff (huds, skins, loading screen, mannequin?) The other mods- I am not sure about.

I'd also like to see the "stage" thing reverted, but I don't want to make an issue out of a non-issue. I guess people should just state how they feel about the situation.

Quote from: BliZZ on November 07, 2007, 02:19PM
"Last Updated" that I am not 100% sure about the "Missing" notes for is Captain Britain, is he missing any of the necessary stuff (huds, skins, loading screen, mannequin?)

Captain Britain is 'complete' to the standard where he has everything a standard mod has (to my knowledge - 4 skins, HUDS, mannequin, load screen). I think I last updated him on the 24th of September...