Modding rundown: Sound

Started by Noelemahc, December 05, 2006, 11:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I did it last night and great find yet again,your the man.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: aerophex on March 09, 2007, 07:20AM
BliZZ - Let me see if I grock what you are saying...  You copied the XML2 sounds (incl. PSPers) into the appropriate MUA directory then referenced them in herostat and shabang they work?  How did you copy off the PSPers sounds?  I'd love to check out a WiP Cannonball.  If it's just a matter of copying out his (sound) files off the PSP I should be able to do that myself, I have the USB-PSP cable.  If there's more to it than that, I'll need a little direction.  Would like to get Cable's actual voice as well.  Love the progress! 

Yep Noel is right, you can only get voices for PSPers, not powers (you could use another char's powers sounds, though)

I assume not everyone here has XML2PC, and that it'll have to be uploaded at some point. The question is: should I use THX's hosting space, or register at sendspace?

Cannonball wip is still VERY wip. I'll up when it is more user friendly (his 4th move that I added needs lots of glitch removing) and after tommy finishes his mesh (complete with Bolt-On legs!)

Turns out I didn't have to reg at sendspace, you can upload for free!

Download X_Voice.zss

And here are the various locations the file could/should go (minus the 6 official MUA playables)

Bishop - sounds/eng/b/i/bishop_v.zss

Cable - sounds/eng/c/a/cable_v.zss

Cannonball - sounds/eng/c/b/cball_v.zss

Cyclops - sounds/eng/c/y/cyclop_v.zss

Gambit - sounds/eng/i/g/igam_v.zss

Juggernaut - sounds/eng/n/j/njugg_v.zss

Magneto - sounds/eng/m/a/magnet_v.zss

Nightcrawler - sounds/eng/n/i/night_v.zss

Phoenix - sounds/eng/p/h/phoenx_v.zss

Professor X - sounds/eng/p/r/profx_v.zss

Pyro - sounds/eng/p/c/pcpyro_v.zss

Rogue - sounds/eng/v/o/vogue_v.zss

Sabretooth - sounds/eng/p/c/pcsab_v.zss

Scarlet Witch - sounds/eng/s/w/switch_v.zss

Sunfire - sounds/eng/s/u/sun_v.zss

Toad - sounds/eng/t/o/toad_v.zss

X-Man - sounds/eng/x/m/xman_v.zss

And... Dark Phoenix - sounds/eng/d/a/darkp_v.zss (Sure, we aren't converting her, but it'd be a shame for her voice to go to waste :P)

Quote from: Noelemahc on March 09, 2007, 08:05AMTell me which files you need (as upping all 130+ megs is beyond my reach ATM) and I will see what can be done :D

Are all of the voices in one file like in XML2?  I'm looking for Emma's, Betsy's, and Jubilee's.  I know you said the files aren't friends with the PC, but I'd like to give it a whirl with a few ideas of my own.  *shrugs*
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

March 09, 2007, 04:13PM #79 Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:39PM by BliZZ
If we're doing this junx, you HAVE to get Magma, Beast, Avalanche, Shadow King, Marrow, and Madrox too. It'd be a waste to up those three, and not these six. Sha-boing!

(PS: Noel, how bouts upping Avalanche's anims, ps, and effects too? I have some serious plans for him: he has 3 attacks + an xtreme already, so I just need to add 2 boosts and an attack!)

Quoteyou HAVE to get Magma, Beast, Avalanche, Shadow King, Marrow, and Madrox too.
Trouble is, there's no label on the files. Consequently, there's no way of telling who is who without converting everything and trying to sift through them. Which I'm trying to do between all other things (I got all the playables out, and Marrow, but the rest are a bit of a problem for now XD).
QuoteAre all of the voices in one file like in XML2?
Elaborate please. Do you need the ZSS (yes, it is one file) or the already-converted WAVs?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

The ZSS file.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

wait so do you copy this one file to all the different character's directories?

Yes, and you rename it to their personal code (f.e. vogue_v.zss for Rogue, etc.); then just copy that same char's ZSM file to the same dir -- poof, you got their XML2 voice in MUA. Works like a charm, though XML2 didn't have some lines MUA has, so some actions (orders and some taunts in particular) will not be accompanied by quips. Still, this IS better than nuthink, neh?

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 15, 2007, 04:36AM #84 Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 04:57AM by kfcrispy
yup, awesome! once again, thanksx999999!!

.. i wonder if there's a way to reference a file in another directory without actually copying it. (and not a "shortcut" file, obviously)

Crimson Dynamo says:

And... I've discovered the first snag with the XML2 voice files. If you have, say, Jean and Logan on your team, and execute an xtreme chain, Wolvy yells out his XML2 xtreme (Berserker Fury) rather than his MUA xtreme (Feral Rage). I've only tested it with Wolvy, Bobby, and Storm, but I have to assume the problem also exists with Iron Man, Colossus, and Deadpool.

Hopefully there is a way to either
a) remove these sounds (not likely)
OR
b)remove/re-route references to these 6's various sounds within the .zss (more likely and, hopefully, possible)

I know I dump a lot of Chocolate egg on you but, Noel, you are our resident sound expert. Any chance of option b?

Hey, it looks like the same method works with some of the NPC heros as well (blob, frost, mystique). Tried blob so far. Works like a charm...

Which sounds does he have? Selection, death, taunt, etc?

A couple selection sounds, a couple taunts, grunts when he jumps. Actually, he's probably the most developed both in his powerstat file, his voice, and his extra files floating around. He had to be planned seriously for XML2 at some point in development. Frost just has a couple taunts. Mystique, if I recall XML2, has just about as much as Blob. No extreme sounds though, I wouldn't think.