MOON KNIGHT upgrades v1.0 (Cape Glider ability, etc.)

Started by iammingy, December 24, 2009, 02:06PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote By downloading this mod, you agree that:

1. You will NOT share this mod outside of Marvelmods.com. (You can invite people to the forum to download the mod though!)
2. You will NOT sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges. (If you bought this mod, you have been cheated by a bastard!)
3. If you want to use ANY part of this mod in another mod, you MUST ask me for permission first.

Thank you for your cooperation!

>>DOWNLOAD v1.0 HERE<<
Feedbacks and comments are appreciated!

Notes for v1.0: :moonk:

{A} This mod fixes several bugs in the original:
    i)  Boomerang has an incorrect reference to Crescent Darts' damage values in the powerstyles.
    ii) The damage boost defined in the talents for Staff Combat was not included in the powerstyles.

{B} It adds a new ability: Cape Glider
    To execute this, press jump 3 times and Moon Knight will glide for a short distance.

{C} It adds one additional power and one additional boost:
    i)  Trick Boomerang: Throws multiple Cresent boomerangs that will orbit Moon Knight and attack approaching enemies.
    ii) Fists of Khonshu: Boosts attack speed and health regen rate. Adds bleed damage to melee attacks.

{D} This mod uses PS2 models for skins. I recreated the "Retro" costume based on the Classic costume. I used PS2 models instead of PC models because the cape can be hidden for the Cape Glider ability. Moreover, the PS2 models' cape was rigged better and they don't have an ugly pinky. However, the disadvantages of the PS2 models are lower poly-count, oven-mitt hands, no "specular" and "bump" maps.

{E} It uses a new fightstyle. You get a new animation for popup attack.

Instructions:

* Please read README.txt included in the ZIP archive.
* You may want to consult The Boy Sanga's tutorial if you don't know how to edit your herostat. However, you can use Norrin Radd's Heroselect if you think all these steps are tedious.
* It is highly recommended that you start a new game with default stats after you have altered the herostat or installed a mod.

Previews:

Cape glider ability

Trick Boomerangs

Fists of Khonshu

Popup attack and Retro costume

HUD head for the retro costume

Icons (I did not make any new icons, but you can see that I used all existing icons for the new powers.)

Everything looks great, especially the glider bolton. I love the presentation of the mod too :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

December 24, 2009, 04:49PM #3 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:54PM by iammingy
Thanks guys!

nodoubt_jr, I *think* you can use the tpose animation for the gliding animation in XML2 (I used Spider-Woman's fly_fast). Let me know if you need the cape glider bolton for your XML2 updates.

Looks amazing! Great work :)

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on December 24, 2009, 02:48PM
I love the presentation of the mod too :)

Me too! ^_^
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: iammingy on December 24, 2009, 04:49PM
nodoubt_jr, I *think* you can use the tpose animation for the gliding animation in XML2. Let me know if you need to cape glider bolton for your XML2 updates.

ok thanks, i'll let you know when i start working on his update, hopefully the move can work in xml2 too.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Downloading this is now at the top of my to-do list, many thanks and good job!

January 11, 2010, 03:50AM #7 Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:22AM by Nowhere Man
I'm traveling right now, so I didn't have the chance to use your xmas boosters. but they seem really awesome and when I get home I'll certainly have a blast with them.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Excellent job, looking forward to more of your boosters. :)
Let slip the dogs of war!

It won't work for me. In stead of gliding,  :moonk: just jumps again.

never mind, i fixed it. time to go be awesome as  :moonk:

Its Amazing this Moon knight.. Great Job and sorry for my english. I from on Czech Republik :carnage: