XML1 -- Pre-Cel-Shading screenshots (56k warning)

Started by Teancum, May 08, 2007, 05:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 08, 2007, 05:50PM Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:40PM by Teancum
I think it looks pretty dang good this way.  Wish there was an option to turn it off.  Notice the old HUD and the old outfits.

It does look better.  It almost looks like a different game without the cel shading...  Still, I wish it were an option to where you can turn it on and off.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for it, and sometimes I'm not.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm glad that they at least fixed iceman's effects. Those are terrible.

You'd think, if they made all the NXM costumes, that those costumes would've made it in, at least as alternates. Seems like a waste to me.

Yeah, I dug those costumes.  Most are present in Next Dimension, but then again that game is like Wolverine's Revenge:  Following the charcter loosely and then going off on some weird art style.

On a side note, I think when I update XML2 for the 'box it'll have cel-shading removed with an option (files included in the mod) to reinstate it.

Found more pre-cel shade shots:

It's a major bummer that the New X-Men outfits didn't secretly make it into XML2PC like a lot of other stuff.  I wish we had a way to contact someone specific @ Raven to ask about them.

What version of XML1 is that?  I never saw it.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Yeah I think I'm always going to be bitter that X-Men Legends could have ben THAT MUCH better.

I love the game, don't get me wrong! I just could of had GREAT, proportionate graphics, with the New X-Men costumes which are my second favorite, only to Jim lee's. As well as the fact that there would have been angles that didn't drive me insane.

And the body moement of the enemies looks so much more fluid and un-rehearsed...like if they fell to the side, they actual fell to the side and not the exact same automatic fall I you to a trip.

Yeah..... >.< grrr....

PS: So since those old pictures aren't up, would you mind giving me a link to where you found them? Or mind just telling me where you found them? :)
-------

Dude!

I should specify that i am actually looking for a screen of the old Character selection menu, or if any, ones that don't have just wolverine, cyclops, jean and colossus
-------

Dude!

I can't see the pictures in the first post :( but the others look amazing.I don't know they always didn't release the best stuff they had created.

that looks so much better!

and why are blob and juggie together and fighting?

awwww, storms hair is actually out instead of an ugly ponytail

All of the pics are now working and in the first post.

Blob and Juggs are fighting in the Multiplayer Danger Room

Quote from: Burning Rage on May 09, 2007, 06:35AM
It does look better.  It almost looks like a different game without the cel shading...  Still, I wish it were an option to where you can turn it on and off.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for it, and sometimes I'm not.
I think you dream has finaly come true dude,since that awesome cam mod(made by gevth) has now come.
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

He's talking about the cel shading, not the camera.