My custom skins,etc: Warpath, Cyclops, Crossbones, Punisher, Magneto, Batman

Started by iammingy, May 11, 2007, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
iammingy, would you be willing to reskin Pyro's XML2 3d hud head the same way? Thanks in advance.

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on May 16, 2007, 06:40PM
toxin looks awesome. cant wait till theres a mod he can be used for

Thanks! Yeah, me too! :D

Quote from: aerophex on May 17, 2007, 06:14AM
that last AoA sunspot in Jerome's pics looks like the Dark Prince in Prince of Persia:T2T

I think we are past due on an Iron Fist mod. 

Keep up the great work mingy, all others

In response to Cates, I too, offer my indentured services.  Mostly for the Cable mod, but in general for all the work done here.  I haven't played much of an active role in any of the mods (y'all are just faster at it), but I'm a techie geek so if anyone needs some tech help or advice I am happy to help.

Thanks, I will. I will be releasing some skins this weekend or early next week. :)

Quote from: BliZZ on May 17, 2007, 02:28PM
iammingy, would you be willing to reskin Pyro's XML2 3d hud head the same way? Thanks in advance.

Is skinning these 3D HUD heads similar to skinning costumes? If "yes", then sure, I will give it a try. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to my computer at the moment. So, I will likely do that later tonight or tomorrow, ok?

Quote from: iammingy on May 17, 2007, 06:02PM
Is skinning these 3D HUD heads similar to skinning costumes? If "yes", then sure, I will give it a try. :)

Yeah, it is. I'd've just spliced it on myself, and never tell anyone, but it is shaped differently :P

Ok, haha. I hope HUD isn't very difficult to work with! :P

Quote from: Cates on May 16, 2007, 06:07PM
If you're serious about this (*whispers under breath* "pleasepleasepleaseplease"), here is some more reference material . . .

If I had my choice, I'd prefer the body be blacked like in the avatar rather than the blue suit shown here. I'll load up some XML2 bad guy models and see if any fit.

Cates, I couldn't find a base skin that has Sunspot's hairdo... lol However, I'm already modifiying a skin into Sunspot, but you may not like it. hahaaha... I will show you a preview and/or sample of it later this week. :)

Btw, what does Sunspot's back look like?

QuoteCates, I couldn't find a base skin that has Sunspot's hairdo... lol However, I'm already modifiying a skin into Sunspot, but you may not like it. hahaaha... I will show you a preview and/or sample of it later this week.

Btw, what does Sunspot's back look like?

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH! You are da man. As for the hairdo, I think maybe it would work to actually use Torch's burninghead effect recolored black. Though it would be cool to do a Sunspot mod a la Torchy, where he blacks out when using powers, but that would require 7 or 8 skins, as his various costumes (X-Force, New Mutants, AoA) do different things when blacked out. I'm cool playing him a la Iceman, where he's always powered up.

I don't know what his back looks like. My guess is it's similar to the front in that it's mostly open except for the belt and arm/shoulder armor.

I'm already making notes on who's going to be in my Sunspot team . . . *salivating*

Pyro Classic 3D HUD head:

http://www.box.net/shared/g1axudy2zc

Teancum, you can put this along with the classic Pyro skin in your XBOX mod if you want. :)

preview:

Quote from: Cates on May 17, 2007, 07:50PM
OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH! You are da man. As for the hairdo, I think maybe it would work to actually use Torch's burninghead effect recolored black.

Nice, that's exactly what I was thinking when I chose the base skin last night! :)

Here's a small preview for you on the unfinished skin in XML2:

The non-orange part of the boots are the areas that I could not color...@_@

By the way, what's name of this costume?

That hud is wicked same for the skin damn your good!! :D
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Iammingy that is absolutely awesome man. AWESOME. I am in your debt. What base skin did you use? Angel spacesuit?

So, what do you want for my end of the bargain? A Toxin powerset? Something else?

Sunspot has had many, many looks over the years. I 'think' that other costume is an X-Force costume, though this is the one I think of when I think of his X-Force days:

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Image:Sunspot_002.jpg

I wonder if Astral Hero Xavier would work as a base for that skin you pictured?

Hey, dude, if you are taking requests, may I make 2 quick ones?

Classic Magneto & 80s Magneto, both for the DLC.

Classic can be on Ultimate's model, and the AoA skin could probably help rather than recoloring it all. 80s can be on Ultimate Helmetless' model. Versions for both MUA and XML2 would be nice. There is a MUA version of Ultimate Magneto hidden as 10100, so that should be used for the MUA version of Classic since it won't have a white line around its cape.

Thanks.

You could also use Banshee (recoloring him) and add a bolton cape since it's the same hairstyle.

@ BliZZ -- which Magneto had the 'white cape' cel-shade problem?  I'll reskin the other to fix it. 

Both Ultimate Magnetos did, though the one with the Helmet is present in MUA, thus skipping the issue. I don't see how you are going to fix it, though: the PS2/XBox ones also had the issue.

Oh, you're talking about helmetless... right

Try adding each of these in turn to the herostat.  If any work, then we can get somewhere.

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = 2501_cape_outline ;
      }

-or-

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = 2501_cape ;
      }

If we can't get the outline to go away, maybe the cape itself will and we can the bolt one on.

Neither will work. The outline isn't animated as a bolton like the cape is, and you can't bolt a cape onto the skin without it bolting on to ALL the skins for the character. I don't think the white line'll look too out of place on 80s anyway, so it isn't THAT big of a deal.