Balder Mod Released, Beta Ray Bill Mod Released

Started by krum4o, May 18, 2007, 04:14AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 18, 2007, 04:14AM Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:26AM by krum4o
Here is a Balder mod. Now im not too familiar with this characters so any suggestions on a power set or what to add or omit let me know. I will keep working on this until its as good as can be.    Replaces black panther but i have made a seperate hero stat. make sure to change the menu location with the one that you are replacing.

Includes-
1 skin
Hud head
all 7 skills,
2 swords

left to do:

his own icon set (using surfers right now)
needs 3 more skins
wallpaper needed

Fixed the flawed skills. This character is now fully playable. I will consider this a work in progress as always, but I will leave it as is, until someone reports bugs, suggestions, or adds a skin or wallpaper or icons for him.  Up next I will fix up Crystal, who is all but done. Then expect some more Asgardians in the future to be made. As well as other various npc's from Mua.

Tuesday, May 29 2007 :  Fixed some animation flaws.  No more of those.  :)

Balder >       http://www.box.net/shared/tanq4j2ilz

Wednesday May 30th 2007: 

Beta Ray Bill >        http://www.box.net/shared/cqy8vd2k1b   

Includes:
1 skin,
Hud headfor the one skin
Stormbreaker
Thors powerset

Needs: Icons ( using Thors)
Wallpaper,
3 additional costumes

Still Working:
1 skill ( perfectly usable but I dont like the animation so ill fix that up soon)

Ive made this mod to fulfil a request. This character is very simialar to Thor. But if anyone wants to have Beta Ray Bill fight along side with Thor this is for you.  Any tips suggestions comments bug reports would be greatly appreciated. Also if you know any skills that I should add or omit let me know. As always Ill keep working on this until its as good as can be.
"Where soars the Silver Surfer,
there must he soar alone."

Cool. Can I have a screenshot?
Does he have an XTreme yet?

regarding the extreme he just uses thors for now.. but hopefully ill be able to come up with something in the next few days

have you tried it without characteranims = 10_thor ; I'm pretty sure you don't need this or rename it to 101_balder just think two animation sets working at the same time maybe cause you trouble.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

the animations seem good so far. the only problem im facing is figuring out what skill to add in place of 2 and four, 2 is thors hammer toss, and four is the whirlwind  skill. I was working on replacing them but i cant figure out with what exactly. i dont want to leave them in because them he will be too similar to thor. maybe ill add sometime of beam , but im not sure if balder uses those....

May 18, 2007, 06:56AM #5 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:01AM by cvc
Use this to get his powers http://www.marveldatabase.com/Main_Page

BTW I think thors animations are the default ones

Powers: Balder has the ability to radiate unmeasured degrees of heat and light;
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

May 18, 2007, 07:23AM #6 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:40PM by jonchang
Awesome!  :rockon:
I gotta get these killer screenies to my site, (giving you the credit of course.)

I assume Balder can fly? You know, they should make more gods, like Tyr, Heimdall, Odin, etc...

Quote from: cvc on May 18, 2007, 06:56AM
Use this to get his powers http://www.marveldatabase.com/Main_Page

BTW I think thors animations are the default ones

Powers: Balder has the ability to radiate unmeasured degrees of heat and light;

mrs marvel comes to mind i can probably take some of her luminous, and flare skills, unless someone has a better idea. 

i took a guess that since balder is an asguarding god he should be able to fly.... am i wrong on this anyone know?

hmmm. According to my knowledge with Norse mythology, I believe the typical Asgardian god can lift an average of 30 tons. Thor can fly via his hammer; it is not generated because of his Asgardian ranking. In Asgard, he can only be harmed by (this is the ridiculous part) mistletoe. He cannot be harmed by earthly diseases, and wields TWO swords.

The might he already has I believe. Im not sure weather Balder flies, but since he is a God, ill assume that he does.  The second sword Im working on. Ive managed to get a double sword bolt on but i dont believe they were appropriate. 2 asguardian swords works aswell but the sword on the left hand always drags behind and through the cape. Ill see what can be done.

Not bad, I think Wrath of the Gods should stay, but with a different effect to Thor's. I don't think Balder flies. I think Asgard's Blessing should stay, and some form light projection power, thinking of calling it Sun Storm or something.

Nice new pictures! I'm thinking on adding him on to my hero list.

maybe there will eventually be an asgardian team...Thor, Baldur, Oden, and one more.

Thor, Baldr, Odin, Tyr, Heimdall, Hermod, etc...
Yeah, an Asgardian God team sounds sweet.

An Asgard mod pack would be nice. Im giving it some thought and I may actually try to do it. The more I learn the better the mod will be so after I finish what Im working on now Ill add the next Asgardian. Who do you want to see first?  Enchantress? Executioner? Tyr? Hermod? Heimdall?..... or someone else I forgot to mention?