MUA2 Assets

Started by Teancum, May 20, 2010, 06:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 20, 2010, 06:03PM Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:23PM by Nowhere Man
Here are all the usable assets from MUA2.  Basically this involves animations, effects, powerstyles and talents.  I've included the Textures folder ONLY for reference, so you might be able to find a suitable replacement by file name.  Models and Textures DO NOT WORK.  Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?08z4otq8fjn0eg5

THIS IS NOT A MOD! 
These are files ripped from MUA2 Wii for people to use in making new mods.  Don't install this thinking you'll get MUA2 characters.  It WILL screw up your game!

May 20, 2010, 06:13PM #1 Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:03AM by LarsAlexandersson
Man, THX Lord TC. :thumbsup:

I won't go hold anything back. It should be easy to add some MUA2 Updates to MUA1 Characters.

& Yeah, models & textures really are does'nt work. We can't see of thing inside the texture finders. So what's w/ the magneto icons. it has 0 bytes.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Awesome, im glad everyone can benefit from that stuff. A lot of the characters that also appeared in MUA1 have new bonus stuff, so try it out.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Oh thanks!! That's so cool! Gotta try it^^

wait teancum. you said that the textures and models dont work. will they be making the game crash, because it does happen to me.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.

Quote from: Teancum on May 20, 2010, 06:03PM
Models and Textures DO NOT WORK.  Have fun!

Says all. Why even try if he warned ya'll about it?

May 21, 2010, 12:58PM #7 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 01:02PM by marvel1404
sorry. but i cant find out which of the files who are working so my game stops all the time. i can maybe sort things out. i just need to find the folder that needs to be removed. thank god that i backed up the wholde folder. i will get the game to work eventually. by the way, can you guys be a little more specific about which folder you have to use? i could be helpful to repair the game too.

This isn't a mod.  It's files for modders to use.  You can't just drop these in.

Oh yes. Now my Iron Man has a real Uni-beam and animations from MUA2! As far i know there are files which responsible for Fusions. But...how to make it to work in MUA when the game hasn't button-keys for Fusions?

Quote from: ds22489 on May 21, 2010, 10:20PM
Oh yes. Now my Iron Man has a real Uni-beam and animations from MUA2! As far i know there are files which responsible for Fusions. But...how to make it to work in MUA when the game hasn't button-keys for Fusions?
we can't put fusions in MUA the engine doesn't support it you can however play with the fusion effects and create something cool

ds22489, how can you use the uni-beam?In my game it doesn't appears.
Spider-Man: A great power involves a great responsability

May 23, 2010, 10:10AM #12 Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:13AM by marvel1404
it looks like the animations on actors are the only asset that works. if you use effects, powerstyles and talents then the game will crash all the time. i am now only using actors. they are the best on MUA1. specially daredevil and wolverines animation. like the jumping. its been updated since the MUA1. logans jump is cooler and more realistic. but MUA2 on Wii, PS2 and PSP are the same like MUA1 except for the costumes and stages and also it has new characters but we can get the characters to marvel 1 by modding.

May 23, 2010, 01:36PM #13 Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:38PM by nodoubt_jr
Quote from: marvel1404 on May 23, 2010, 10:10AM
it looks like the animations on actors are the only asset that works. if you use effects, powerstyles and talents then the game will crash all the time.

Thats not true, how do you think we got Green Goblin and how we are getting Songbird and Penance. Effects, talents and powerstyle all work. Pretty much anything that doesnt work ends with a .igb, except animations which do work. So skins, textures and most bolton models dont work. I used the effects, skeleton, talents and powerstyle to do the XML2 conversions and to do my own quick MUA1 versions and both worked with some editing and no crashes.

I think that unless you are an experience modder you should probably not mess around with these files, or at least back up your game before you do so.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

i downloaded this and i was looking for psylocke skeleton and i only found 252_psylocke_4_combat.igb is this it or did teancum not put it in??