Psylocke Version 1.1 (UPDATED!)

Started by DJay Saint, June 15, 2007, 03:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Two things:

1) What about the Classic skin? Doesn't she need one?
2) I posted this on Marvel.com. Oops?

:runaway:

In seriousness, that Revolution skin is nut-bustingly awesome. I do think that she should NOT pull out the swords in basic melee, though, otherwise the dual wield seems kinda.... pointless. Meh, your choice.

Quote from: scottsum on June 16, 2007, 05:55PM
I have a question - in your readme file you say it's possible to add psylocke instead of replacing another character, but according to the instructions on the site, you can only replace.  Can I, in fact, add a character without replacing another?  If so, which menu location do I use?  I'm sorry if the answer to this question is posted somewhere; I couldn't find it.

You can add her to a unique slot if you have not added any extra characters to your game.  The herostat allows for a maximum of 27 entries, but the game actually only has 25 slots in the character select menu.  Depending on what mods you have installed, you'll either be able to add her if you don't have any other mods, or you'll have to replace someone.  Either way, look at your herostat and see what slots are in use.  Give her the slot number of the character you are replacing.

Quote from: BliZZ on June 16, 2007, 06:06PM
In seriousness, that Revolution skin is nut-bustingly awesome. I do think that she should NOT pull out the swords in basic melee, though, otherwise the dual wield seems kinda.... pointless. Meh, your choice.

The dual wield should probably have the second bolton blade removed.  *shrugs*  I thought it would be awesome to have the katanas in a couple of her melee moves.  If everyone agrees they should be gone, I'll make it happen.

For her boost, the plan was to upgrade the size of the blade depending on how far you leveled up that power.  It was going to range from the small blade, to a medium size, then large, dual blades, then dual katanas.  However, I ran into some issues with coding which I posted in the mod forum, but nobody gave me an answer.  I decided to be a pioneer and not care, because I had worked on the mod long enough and promised I would get it out before this weekend.  Regardless, I'll keep trying to get it to work as originally intended, and will update as necessary.

In the next update, I will have:
1.  Loading Screens
2.  Better auras for her boosts (and hopefully the bigger blades -> dual wield blades -> dual wield katanas)
3.  3 unique meshes done (hopefully... these will take a while, so I'll at least get the other stuff up first)
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I think noone gave you an answer because noone knew. This is kinda the first time for something like that.

I only mentioned the swords because she activates her boost, I go "cool, 2 blades" and then the second blade isn't really used for anything. The first one is used in that power, but the second one in nothing.

Sweet mod, btw, in case I didn't say. Super awesome. Between her and some of the other recent characters, these X-Men are getting blasted through to completion.

OK you were right, I was maxed out because of Moon Knight and Colossus.  I replaced Moon Knight, and she works like a champ.  I didn't even have to start a new game - BONUS!  BTW one more quick question - she is invisible on the character selection screen until I pick her; is that because I did something wrong, or that part just isn't done yet?

Actually, you weren't maxed out. Try adding the psp-mod (check the read me on how to install it, since it's kind of a slightly complicated thingy). That should allow you to have up to 27 characters (23 regular, MK, Colossus, +2 replaceable PSPers).

And that part isn't done in most character mods.

And strange thing that you didn't have to start a new game. Strange indeed.

Thanks for the info Gevth.  I'll remember to use that PSP mod when I want to add more.

Quote from: Burning Rage on June 15, 2007, 03:46PM
***Users do NOT have permission to post any of my mods outside of Marvel Mods.  All of my mods are a Marvel Mods exclusive only.***

Yes of course indeed!

Anyway, I think the 700 X 920 image fits well for Psylocke's loading screen.

Hey, having fun with Psylocke, her katana fury attack is SICK.  One problem though, when I use her extrem power, the psychic onslaught, I don't get the raining psychic blades, and no enemies are stunned.  Anyone else encounter this?

man,can't wait to try it out but I'm not ganna be able to play for the next 2 months and it still wont play right... sounds awesome though
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

Quote from: scottsum on June 17, 2007, 09:18PM
Hey, having fun with Psylocke, her katana fury attack is SICK.  One problem though, when I use her extrem power, the psychic onslaught, I don't get the raining psychic blades, and no enemies are stunned.  Anyone else encounter this?

I got that a couple times.  I must have changed something in the powerstyle recently, because it worked flawlessly before.  I'll look into it.  Thanks for pointing it out.  At least I know it wasn't just me.

Since it is easier to find in this thread, I have made a provisional mannequin for Psylocke, repainted from Elektra So far, it only has the color changed and the bandana painted as dark purple hair. Check it and tell me if you come up with any ideas for improvement.

http://www.box.net/shared/vcatbmsh74

If possible, change the sais for you know what. Check the bands in her legs and arms (add more etc.) Of course, the challenge is to make her look less Elektra and more Psylocke.

I know. Actually, the sais ARE painted like the psychic blades, but from that angle all that appears is the black edge. I'll do what I can with the bands, maybe look for some other female skin to patch it up. The next step will be trying pasting the mod face over. We'll see.

I think reskinning Ms. Marvel as Classic Psylocke will give you much better results.

I appreciate you doing stuff for MUA, but please, don't post other people's work (or your own) in my release thread.