TOXIN mod v1.32 (skin-fixes + XBOX/PS2-compatible ed. + new mannequin)

Started by iammingy, June 15, 2007, 11:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hrmm...I went ahead and overwrote the files like you suggested, but the red box still appears...

June 28, 2007, 06:00PM #31 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:03PM by iammingy
Thanks again!!! :)

effects
boltons

man... that's Toxin's best power against crowds with Symbiote Spikes maxed...
:(

btw, did you download the file for sound fix?

Yeah, I downloaded the file for the sound fix...I never tried it without the sound fix though...should I overwrite it with the original file and give that a shot?

June 28, 2007, 07:20PM #33 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:22PM by iammingy
No need, but thanks! ^_^
The problem was discovered before I released that sound fix!

hmm... where does the red stuff come from if the effects and boltons are not an issue... @_@

I went back and uninstalled all the toxin files and put the originals back in place.  I then re-installed everything (including the fix that you gave earlier for the red box)...and it worked!  :)

I guess with all the back-ups I made I used an original file to overwrite another original file...whoops!

June 29, 2007, 10:00AM #35 Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:08AM by iammingy
Oh... so it was the effects!!!!!! [Homer Simpson's "AHHHHHH"]

Thanks, I know where to look now! But how come it doesn't show up on mine? lol

I don't know what I can do to thank you!!?!??!

October 20, 2007, 01:37AM #36 Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:39AM by iammingy
Can someone help me test this effect for "Blade Ballet"? I want to see whether you people have the red square. Since I have never been able to see that red squre myself, I need someone to test it for me... :(

http://www.box.net/shared/pkv9b5mcxo

put this file in:
\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\effects\char\toxin

The update v1.3 will include:
- PS2 skins, so that the skins look abit smoother.
- a new block animation
- a new boost to replace "Horror" (hopefully!)

October 20, 2007, 07:27AM #37 Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:52AM by Onua
I'm testing and this is the resultat. And I've got a question : Toxin is bad guy or good guy ?

October 20, 2007, 11:40AM #38 Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:24PM by iammingy
Thanks..... :( How come I don't see it... @_@
He's a good guy!

EDIT: Oh well, I guess I will just "update" this mod with PS2 skins..... :(

Here's an update for Toxin that will give him his own voice and power sounds.

Instructions:
QuoteExtract the files (except for this readme) to your Marvel - Ultimate Alliance folder

In order for all of Toxin's sounds to play, you need to edit one line in his herostat entry. 

Change:

sounddir = spider_m ;

to

sounddir = toxin_m ;

Big thanks to Iammingy for a great mod.  Definitely was one that deserves sounds.  He's also getting menu break sounds for the character select screen when the next Official Characters Mod update comes out.

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bivfp9

Iammingy, can you update your mod with these files?  All I changed was adding sounds and referencing them in the powerstyle.

Woah... thanks a lot!!!! :bowdown1: I will update this mod with a few things requested by other people soon!

January 05, 2008, 03:42PM #41 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:45PM by iammingy
v1.3 is now uploaded, see the first page of this thread. This mod is now updated with sounds, PS2 skins, models, mannequin. It uses fightstyle wolverine now. I recommend you to replace all files from v1.2.

EDIT: Someone requested an XBOX-compatible version of this mod. I shall upload the files needed once I find the suitable boltons for Blade Ballet. :toxin:

i've deleted P3_fail.xmlb and "blade ballet" works perfectly with its nice effects and no big ugly red square.

Quote from: iammingy on January 05, 2008, 03:42PM
EDIT: Someone requested an XBOX-compatible version of this mod. I shall upload the files needed once I find the suitable boltons for Blade Ballet. :toxin:

And I'll still have the sound files ready, so when a Xbox compatible version is ready I can do Xbox sounds quickly. 

Quote from: Teancum on January 05, 2008, 05:29PM
And I'll still have the sound files ready, so when a Xbox compatible version is ready I can do Xbox sounds quickly. 

Thanks a lot! That would be great!

Quote from: Magneto on January 05, 2008, 03:56PM
i've deleted P3_fail.xmlb and "blade ballet" works perfectly with its nice effects and no big ugly red square.

"Blade Ballet" never call for p3_fail.xmlb in this mod...?