Professor X Mod and Emma Frost Update (Both Updated)

Started by matt710, June 21, 2007, 09:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
you cant use menu goodbye as an animation, it was never added to the shared_anims.XMLB file by the creators (sadly adding stuff to it doesn't seem to work).  so nothing is going to work.  what you could do is hex change it to a power name (power_x) and just have your new character not have a menu goodbye.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

January 31, 2009, 02:20PM #106 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:31PM by shadow
Hehehe! Worked like a charm!!!!
But, isn't there a way to include new animations to this type of file?

Oh! Thanks for the answer, nodoubt_jr!

no there isnt

i dont want to get off topic from this thread, so check out this thread were we discuss some of this stuff http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=776.msg14187#msg14187
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

February 02, 2009, 03:53PM #109 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:56PM by shadow
I discovered the way we can use menu_goodbye animations in powers without hex-edit or losing any other animation...

All you gotta do is change some animation you don't use in shared_anims in Data Folder.
For example:

ea_power16 = power_16 ;
   ea_power17 = power_17 ;  ===> ea_power17 = menu_goodbye ;
   ea_power1_end = power_1_end ;
   ea_power1_hold = power_1_hold ;

So the menu_goodbye animation should be refered in the powerstyle file as the animation you changed (in this case ea_power17).

It works!!!!!!

thats cool, but if you have a mod that uses power_17 as an animation, this will mess it up as instead of playing the right animation, it will end up playing the wrong animation (menu_goodybe)

these two might be better if you plan on doing this
   ea_ko_legs1 = NO_ANIM ;
   ea_ko_torso1 = NO_ANIM ;
as no specific animation is used for those and i doubt any mod/character uses it since no animation is set to it.

February 03, 2009, 06:26AM #111 Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:32AM by shadow
I did a little update for Emma Frost MOD and matt710 agreed that I release it.

I recolored some effects based on Cable's and some others characters powers effects and added new powers sounds based on Ghost Rider and Spiderwoman's powers sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nymjz0zymzh

I also added two new powers for her:
Queen's Charm: It's similar to Rogue's Bedazzle, lowers enemies fighting abilities (ATK and DEF).
HAIL TO THE QUEEN: Entire party spends no EP and recieves double experience for a time.

And, in order to Queen's Charm animation works, you have to replace shared_anims.XMLB file. It will also allow you to use menu_goodbye animations as powers animations by the command ea_ko_legs1.

There is no need to start a new game. Just backup the files you think necessary.

Hope you like it!

WOW! That looks incredible.  :applause:
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

Quote from: shadow on February 03, 2009, 06:26AM
I did a little update for Emma Frost MOD and matt710 agreed that I release it.

I recolored some effects based on Cable's and some others characters powers effects and added new powers sounds based on Ghost Rider and Spiderwoman's powers sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nymjz0zymzh

I also added two new powers for her:
Queen's Charm: It's similar to Rogue's Bedazzle, lowers enemies fighting abilities (ATK and DEF).
HAIL TO THE QUEEN: Entire party spends no EP and recieves double experience for a time.

And, in order to Queen's Charm animation works, you have to replace shared_anims.XMLB file. It will also allow you to use menu_goodbye animations as powers animations by the command ea_ko_legs1.

There is no need to start a new game. Just backup the files you think necessary.

Hope you like it!

The new sound files don't work and did you mean to delete the extra effects like the knockback spike and the diamond form on the ground smash?

July 17, 2009, 11:04AM #114 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:49AM by shadow
You have to replace all the files inside the pack and start a new game in order to everything work properly and pay attention to the instrutions in this thread.

Well, this new power (I think it's diamond fist, or something like that) is not in this pack. So if you install this pack, you will not have this power avaliable.

Maybe, with the permission of matt710 I may include this power in the pack...

Yeah, I installed correctly and started a new game. The animations are fine and everything looks great, just for some reason, the new .zsm files don't seem to be working for me?

I dunno, were there other instructions in this thread earlier that I missed? It just might not work for my heavily modded game. Looks great either way, shadow. If I can't get the sound, its not too much of a loss only because I like the powers you gave her as well as her Passive looks a helluva lot better around the characters head as opposed to their hands.

Also great job changing the Diamond Form.

July 18, 2009, 09:32AM #116 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:54AM by shadow
So sorry! Now I get what you say. The sound file is misnamed!

And this update doesn't work on matt710's MOD, because it uses two skeletons and my update uses only one (the original from XML1) and fighstyle psionic... So, if you use my update, you will lose the benefits provided by a "2-skeletons" MOD...

Althogh, I'll release a new update for those interested...

The instructions are in the same message you can find the download link (5 posts above).

July 18, 2009, 11:14AM #117 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:24AM by HikaruJuno
Hmm. I should have noticed that myself. Does MUA use .zsm and .zss? No matter. Like I said, great job with the booster. I like Emma but your booster fits my teams better.

Thanks, Shadow!

Edit: Just tried it. It's perfect! Excellent work

Matt710, what should I do to hex Emma's skins? Because if I use a skin not included in the pack, everytime there's a skin change (like in Diamond Form), when the power expires, Emma is using a totally different skin...

use I used Blaw's skin once and she turned into some evil armored minion.