Midnightphoenix123's Mod Release Thread: Selene Mod/ Jean Grey Booster Released

Started by Midnightphoenix, July 25, 2011, 09:35AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I haven't had a whole lot of time, but from what i did play with her, she's great. Excellent work
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Oddark123 on November 21, 2011, 08:01PM
I haven't had a whole lot of time, but from what i did play with her, she's great. Excellent work

Thank you :) Glad you like her!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Last thing.
Can you use the booster for the marvel girl mod .? Sorry for all these questions :)

Quote from: Me on November 22, 2011, 01:48PM
Last thing.
Can you use the booster for the marvel girl mod .? Sorry for all these questions :)

No, in order to do that all the files and things would have to be changed from Phoenix to Rachel, but you can always throw some rachel skins on Jean and use it like that :)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

AMAZING WORK !! Selene and Jean look sweet ! :D keep up the good work

Quote from: MystiCosmic on November 24, 2011, 12:33PM
AMAZING WORK !! Selene and Jean look sweet ! :D keep up the good work

Thank you very much :) Don't know what the next mod will be, or when It will get started but I hope it tops the rest :D

Quote from: rage on November 24, 2011, 03:20PM
your mods seem to be very nice midnightphoenix!

Thank you very much, hope you enjoy :)

Edit: I took a second look and saw who you are, I hope you are doing well and come back soon! :) We all miss you around here!

Selene rockS!! ;) The only problems i found  are 2 : Icons and Purple fire power

Solutions :

1) Icons : edit her talent file so that in every power change everything from selene_icons1.igb
                                                                                                                                       to   selene_icons.igb

2) Purple Fire : It seems that you edited the xmlb effect file, and recoloured everything including the glow of           
                                             the fire, that needs to be white (because it's a glow texture :P ).....BTW fire powers can't be 
                                             recoloured because their textures are not white ( like every effect ) , they are already red, so
                                             you have to skin-edit the texture to make it purple :(     

I have to say i like the huge purple thing that appears, even if it's wrong , because it looks like a dark power, so i left it as it is and i re-named it to ''Veil of Fire and Death''

Hallejujah here is some selene fixes Rename selene_icons to selene_icons1 (to show in char select) then copy that & rename that to selene_icons (to show in game) & place them both in textures/ui

in the talent file change @SKILLTYPES@XTREME (i think) to Xtreme

not sure about effects as they work for me

also im quite sure this is not right for power 1
Quotetalentvalues {
         talentvalue {
         level = 1 ;
         name = selene_tkblast_req ;
         value = 3 ;
         }

talentvalue {
         level = 11 ;
         name = selene_tkblast_req ;
         value = 58 ;
         }

talentvalue {
         level = 1 ;
         name = selene_tkblast_pwr ;
         value = 25 ;
         }

talentvalue {
         level = 11 ;
         name = selene_tkblast_pwr ;
         value = 300 ;
         }

talentvalue {
         level = 1 ;
         name = selene_tkblast_dmg ;
         value = 11 35 ;
         }

talentvalue {
         level = 11 ;
         name = selene_tkblast_dmg ;
         value = 175 210 ;
         }

}

oh and Wrath of the goddes needs a decription instead of P8_DESC@

Ok I will get to fixing things, I don't know if it will be today though, but be looking for the updates they will be here sometime at or between Today and Monday :)

Please don't forget to credit ShadowSlacks. That "Mental Bolt" power you used is from his jean xml2 booster that i converted to MUA. ;)

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on November 26, 2011, 10:43AM
Please don't forget to credit ShadowSlacks. That "Mental Bolt" power you used is from his jean xml2 booster that i converted to MUA. ;)

Thank you for telling me! I completely forgot obviously!

Edit: I have credited both ShadowSlacks, and you Jeanfan for the mental bolt for xml2, and for you converting it :)