Scarlet Witch & Iceman Boosters

Started by StormyTempest, October 14, 2011, 02:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 28, 2011, 02:26PM #15 Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:55PM by pepperr
Quote from: StormyTempest on October 28, 2011, 08:45AM
alright, i updated the iceman booster.
here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ksbqs7lvvxnbcsl

Thank you VERY much sir. I have a question though, is it possible to have residual cold damage as opposed to bleed? Just curious. Red looks funny coming from Iceman.

Few comments:

I was using him and the bleed damage is very little. I believe it's because as the damage increases, the duration increases also, and at max level, it does 1dmg/s for 20s.

Ice shards displays 1 shard in the attack description until the very last level, in which it displays 20 shards. When using the attack one single shard is discharged and if it contacts, a few more come out and penetrate other enemies. I assume this is due to the passive ability. Up until the last level, only 1 is discharged.

When using it maxed out, only 5-6 come out and the rest look like an animation. They don't end up hitting anyone. Is it intended to emanate from Bobby in a 360 circle?

Ice suit works very nicely. After the timer runs out, characters still have animation on skins, save Iceman. Plus, even though teammates have Ice suit still, it doesn't absorb damage for them(not sure if it adds cold damage for them though).

i'll make the residual damage cold damage type when i get back to him maybe in a few days.

as for the ice shards, that is something i do not quite understand, i think it's a bug because he can't release more shards at a time and therefore the other shards will originate from an enemy that was hit by the shards. it's just a theory.

i do not yet quite understand the problem with the ice suit, i'll need too study it more later.

Quote from: StormyTempest on October 29, 2011, 01:19AM
i'll make the residual damage cold damage type when i get back to him maybe in a few days.

as for the ice shards, that is something i do not quite understand, i think it's a bug because he can't release more shards at a time and therefore the other shards will originate from an enemy that was hit by the shards. it's just a theory.

i do not yet quite understand the problem with the ice suit, i'll need too study it more later.

You're a dear. I found a new bug with Bobby, Ice shards screws up the game(for now, I only know that it happens in danger room); when I use it consecutively, all the people on the screen freeze, though the game is still running. I think you said you increased the power of the shards in the original description. If you can do it again, but take away the animation so it only shows the maximum possible, that'll be good. The others travel so slowly and seem like they don't do anything.

hi...probability enhancement and touch of the scarlet don't increase her atk and def ratings. one of them was missing an i in the talent file (the word psionic) but even when fixing that, no percentage increases.

also her knockback with hex explosion does not knock anyone back :o(

**anarchy assault** >oD

Hi StormyTempest,
How's school going?
Any luck with my boy Bobby? =]

OK,I have an idea why the atk/def boosts are not working.I'm a rookie,though, so if anyone with more experience could say if i'm correct i would be grateful.So i decompiled the talent file and checked the the probability enhancement power and decided to compare it to a working ingame power that boosted atk/def.So i thought of rogue's "Hardened" power that boosts def. I noticed the following line   ''affect_type = scale'' that wasn't in the scarlet witch talent file,so I added it.Not sure if it works,but if it does it would be pretty damn sweet :jumping:

Unfortunately my attempt didn't work,but the booster gives her more than enough power.The Gravity void power is great for combos.I guess if the atk/def boosts worked too she would be really overpowered.

Quote from: StormyTempest on October 29, 2011, 01:19AM

Hi, Stormy,
Just wanted to ask if youve had time to look at the Iceman mod in a while. I got back into XML and love it again. Ive confirmed only he is affected by ice suit. Thank you for the mod, again.

These upgrades look great..  :iceman:  :scarletw: But something questions me tough, so i got this problem on Ultimate Alliance, so um not sure weather it happens on this too.. When we remove one character and add a new one we can't complete that removed character's Disc missions, the game crashes.. So my doubt is that what if we add these upgraded mods and we couldn't complete their Danger room missions caz the game supports old versions..???? Does this happen or not..?