Angel Mod (Update 09/10/07)

Started by matt710, July 15, 2007, 10:06PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://momoshare.com/file.php?file=e366315e5a0f29c3e848b015914cacbc

Angel by Matt710

Note: Thank you nodoubt_jr for supplying the NPC Base, which I used one move he added to the original.  Also thank you Blizz and Darkmythology for letting me use your skins.

Angel Mod:

Mostly new abilities
All new icons set
3 New Conversation Huds
4 New 3d huds (not my best work, but that could be updated later)
1 Menu Portrait (hex edited so will never conflict)
6 Skins (2 are existing in XML2)
    +AOA skin (1004) made by Blizz
    +Xtreme skin (1005) made by DarkMythology
    +X-Factor (1007) and New Archangel (1006) skins made by myself.

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb, text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should back up anything before writing over it!!!!

PS ignore the thing about character_heads_PC, that was a mistake cause I'm lazy and just copied and modified Goblin Queen's readme.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

:applause: thanks, cant wait to try it out
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I just tested the mod. It's COOL! But you should fix Aerial Blitz (it's slow and he fly only one second) fix animation and please replace Cyclonic Thrust with somethig cooler.In MUA he has Heal he should have it in XML.
And realy don't like this things.
<

You can't fix that.  It's part of the model.  Although the third skin has it's own model, not sure why a reskin is being used.  (matt -- the skin should be 10903)

1003, and I imagine it is because that one requires bolton wings

The site went down for a while, just as I finished typing this.   :banghead:

Yep, 1003 has no wings.  It is actually the one used to make xtreme havok.  I actually considered ditching the Angel of Death, but I feel that it is too much a part of the character to omit.  So basically the only skins I can reskin are 1001 and 1002 if I want to keep his Death skin.  As for the animation he has a lack there of.  If I can get a sword bolton that one or humming bird may be replaced.  But basically I went with what I had.  The other two dive animations he has are messy too.  The first is even shorter and makes no contact and the other goes for a second stops and goes again to finish.  He actually has heal, it is called transfusion.  I didn't want to call it heal because he heals other people by transusing his blood into theirs (seen multiple occasion, but the one on the top of my head is an instance where he does it to emma in Phoenix Endsong).  Basically he had a lack of possible moves cause he has regeneration and wings.  I had to take out the feather blade projectile because it only looked right for his metalic wings (which is only one of his skins). 

Nice job matt710, you must have work pretty hard on this one cause it fits him like he was on the game

Thanks for the comment.

Personally if I had him installed I'd ditch the horseman of death skin anyways, since you fight the horseman, but that's more my personal opinion. 

July 20, 2007, 02:11PM #39 Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:16PM by nodoubt_jr
ok just tried it out and it looks great, awesome skins, Xfactor one is my favorite.  But ive run into a problem, when im not in control of Angel and he is on my team he constantly uses his xtreme, from the heavens, as an attack.  I just used him on my team and he did it twice without me controlling him.  Also is Humming Bird essence suppose to make him faster, kind of like Psylocke and Gambits boost make them faster?3

edit: i think i might be having problems with him and the xtreme, cause it has reference to the ai.  I also cant make him fly but thats probably cause i need to start a new game.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

July 20, 2007, 02:22PM #40 Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:40PM by ramen
Could someone please hook me up with archangel skin? I delete the one i had please <begg>.

Or and another question is angel supose to be able to fly?

It's right there in the mod.  All you have to do is re-download it.

@ ramen -- to make Angel fly you have to start a new game.

Are you sure? this are the skins from the mod

skin = 1002 ;
   skin_aoa = 04 ;
   skin_astonishing = 05 ;
   skin_civilian = 06 ;
   skin_future = 07 ;
   skin_weaponx = 01 ;
The skins that come with it are 1005, 1006, 1007, and 1004
But I think 1001 is Archangel Skin?

I didn't put 1001 and 1002 in the mod because they are already in the game.  But since you deleted it I will upload it to you.  By the way I believe that is called the Horeseman of Death skin, I believe Archangel is the codename he took after that whole thing, but I could be wrong.  Anyway here it is:

1001.IGB:
http://files.filefront.com//;8102866;;/