Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 09, 2012, 06:48PM
Okay! Looks like Crimson Dynamo will make a good base!
Just look out for the face. It's a bit fiddly from my experience. It stretches things in a funny way sometimes but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 09, 2012, 06:51PM
Just look out for the face. It's a bit fiddly from my experience. It stretches things in a funny way sometimes but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Thanks. I'm expecting the face to be relatively simple. But the whole suit itself is fairly detailed and complex. This one might take quite a bit of time.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 09, 2012, 01:48PM
I've created a TRON-style team management screen, to go with my TRON-Style skins. Instructions are below the image. Download it from the main posts!

Instructions:

1. Go to your Marvel Ultimate Alliance folder in the Program Files. Open the ui folder and open the models folder in it. (For example, mine is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\ui\models".)

2. Find the file called "m_team_stage.igb" and make a backup of it (just rename it to something like "m_team_stage_backup.igb".)

3. Download my TRON-Style Team Management Screen file. Do not rename it, it should be named "m_team_stage.igb".

4. Place my version of the file in the models folder you opened in step 1.

5. Open up the game, and go to swap out characters.

6. Profit.

Wow. That looks pretty cool. If I had MUA, I'd definetely use it, along with your tron skins (and the tron skins made by the other skinners - DeeDoo comes to mind). Very original work. Keep it up.

Quote from: hemlot on July 09, 2012, 07:02PM
Wow. That looks pretty cool. If I had MUA, I'd definetely use it, along with your tron skins (and the tron skins made by the other skinners - DeeDoo comes to mind). Very original work. Keep it up.

Thanks! I've set up a catalog for this stuff in the Misc. Mods board.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 09, 2012, 01:48PM
I've created a TRON-style team management screen, to go with my TRON-Style skins. Instructions are below the image. Download it from the main posts!

Instructions:

1. Go to your Marvel Ultimate Alliance folder in the Program Files. Open the ui folder and open the models folder in it. (For example, mine is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\ui\models".)

2. Find the file called "m_team_stage.igb" and make a backup of it (just rename it to something like "m_team_stage_backup.igb".)

3. Download my TRON-Style Team Management Screen file. Do not rename it, it should be named "m_team_stage.igb".

4. Place my version of the file in the models folder you opened in step 1.

5. Open up the game, and go to swap out characters.

6. Profit.
Whoa, did my birthday come early? I love Tron!

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on July 09, 2012, 09:50PM
Whoa, did my birthday come early? I love Tron!

Me too! I'm going to make a Batman skin to go with this, Spidey, Iron Man, and War Machine once BLaw finishes Batman.

July 10, 2012, 07:16PM #264 Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:52PM by Hyperman360
Never thought I'd be able to make this one, but here it is: the movie-based Iron Man Mark I armor! The suit and its matching HUD are available on the main posts!

This armor is on a PS2 model.

This one might go well on the War Machine mod, because it has a flamethrower power, like this armor did.

WOW.

I gotta say.

That's absolutely brilliant. I never thought I'd see that particular skin, but you totally nailed it. And not just a simple metallic look, but he's got the right face, the arc reactor, and from the back you can see all the... engineering stuff.

Without undermining your other skins (you know I'm a huge fan of your work), I'd dare say this is your finest skin yet.

Quote from: hemlot on July 10, 2012, 07:35PM
WOW.

I gotta say.

That's absolutely brilliant. I never thought I'd see that particular skin, but you totally nailed it. And not just a simple metallic look, but he's got the right face, the arc reactor, and from the back you can see all the... engineering stuff.

Without undermining your other skins (you know I'm a huge fan of your work), I'd dare say this is your finest skin yet.

Thanks man! And since I found a different, stock model for it (Crimson Dynamo), I was able to make it a PS2 skin, so you can actually use this one!

It's actually not a perfect skin; the stuff on the back was actually sideways, but I couldn't do that because of the symmetry limitations. The giant shoulder pads and thing on the back of the head shouldn't be there either. But it's close enough!

Here's what I used as a reference:

I love the TRON thing, and the new skin they are both awesome!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 10, 2012, 07:50PM
Thanks man! And since I found a different, stock model for it (Crimson Dynamo), I was able to make it a PS2 skin, so you can actually use this one!

It's actually not a perfect skin; the stuff on the back was actually sideways, but I couldn't do that because of the symmetry limitations. The giant shoulder pads and thing on the back of the head shouldn't be there either. But it's close enough!

Thanks for the PS2 model! Iron Man is coming back to my roster because of your skin.

And well, yeah, sometimes models aren't perfect. You'd have to make custom models to make exact replicas of some characters' appearances. But considering your options, I think you did the best you could have (which is excellent). The shoulder pads are no big deal. I still think it's a pretty awesome skin.