sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
your mods are awesome, could you cosiderated do a sentry mod

Quote from: rabdos on February 18, 2013, 11:12PM

A Sentry mod already exists in here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1325.0.html
Better check out the thread and you might see the download link :)

Quote from: rabdos on February 18, 2013, 11:12PM

maybe. i actually have my own sentry mod, but i didn't release it because there's already one out there. mine uses some of the icons, a couple powers, and all the skins from that one. i try not to step on anyone else's toes. for example, there are about 18 different versions of Jean Grey. unnecessary in my opinion, but it is what it is.

February 19, 2013, 01:42PM #63 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:44PM by RoMunroe
Quote from: sbarth13 on February 19, 2013, 12:49PM
maybe. i actually have my own sentry mod, but i didn't release it because there's already one out there. mine uses some of the icons, a couple powers, and all the skins from that one. i try not to step on anyone else's toes. for example, there are about 18 different versions of Jean Grey. unnecessary in my opinion, but it is what it is.
Or try it as a booster.

If the creators havent been on here for years, do they really care for permission?

I mean as long as they are credited...why would they post a mod on this site and then expect everyone  to lick their boots when wanting to make it better when

A. They might not be modding anymore anyway.

or

B. They just up and disappear without a trace..

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

I completely agree, different takes on a character are a good thing and the community nothing but benefits from it.  Plus I don't think Sentry will have the same problem of Overdoneness that Jean Grey had lol.

For what it's worth I'm in favour of more than one version of Mods.
Where it gets tricky is we have a limited amount of numbers available for use. So if I make a new Mod of an existing character Mod, do I use a new number, or use the same one?

I certainly don't object to people updating or completely replacing Mods I've made. If I prefer the new one I use that, if I prefer my own old one, I use that.

None of us Own these characters anyway, so just because somebody happened to make a Mod first does not mean theirs is the final and only one of that character that can ever exist.

The only real considerations are: does the new mod reuse Code, ideas, models or textures from the first one? If so then I think you need to get permission to include that stuff. Or just make your own if the original Modder is not available to ask, or says "no".

I agree on this one. You may have the same mod characters but it doesn't actually mean that they will be similar in every aspects. I mean, two or three mods may not share the same techniques right? We may be crowded with a dozen of Jean Greys out there but they do differ from each other do they not? :)

Quote from: sbarth13 on February 19, 2013, 12:49PM

I think you should release a Sentry mod made by yourself, sbarth13 :D Will all due honesty, I am a fan of your mods :)

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on February 20, 2013, 06:08AM
I think you should release a Sentry mod made by yourself, sbarth13 :D Will all due honesty, I am a fan of your mods :)

I was thinking the same thing.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on February 20, 2013, 06:08AM

Quote from: fox456 on February 20, 2013, 03:39PM
I was thinking the same thing.

I agree with zuzu and fox, i love your capt brit and black bolt mods. I have guardian on standby. :)

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

hmm. i didn't realize so many people were fans :). i will add him to my roster in my next testing, just to make sure i have him the way i want. i will probably work on some skins though. or try at least. that way i won't have to try to get permission for the skins. plus, the ones in there seem to be kinda 'low res' in quality. Marvintage's sentry skin would be awesome to use but the link is broke. one thing i'm curious about though, what kind of 'light powers' does he use in the books? all it says online is just that he can 'project light' and i've seen a couple examples, but haven't looked at things too closely.

Quote from: sbarth13 on February 23, 2013, 07:52PM
hmm. i didn't realize so many people were fans :). i will add him to my roster in my next testing, just to make sure i have him the way i want. i will probably work on some skins though. or try at least. that way i won't have to try to get permission for the skins. plus, the ones in there seem to be kinda 'low res' in quality. Marvintage's sentry skin would be awesome to use but the link is broke. one thing i'm curious about though, what kind of 'light powers' does he use in the books? all it says online is just that he can 'project light' and i've seen a couple examples, but haven't looked at things too closely.

I should have replied here sooner but didn't noticed it  :eek:

Quoting an information about Sentry's light-based powers in Marvel wiki:

• Photokinesis: It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the superhuman ability to generate, control, and emit light. This ability to produce hard-light constructs may be similar to those of Dazzler when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation.
  • Energy Blasts: The Sentry can generate light, heat, force, and other forms of energy as powerful blasts and explosions of a yellow color. These blasts are usually generated from the hands and eyes. The maximum power of these blasts is unknown.

Mentioned above are the two relevant information that I have read about Sentry's powers which might totally deal about energy blasts and even stunning necessary targets. I guess that's all that  :scratchhead:

Oh and I have a question regarding Shaman by the way (I hope you don't mind me asking :eek:). His physical attacks are rather weak compared to the others and it does certainly take some time beating just one enemy just by using his physical attacks. Was this made on purpose? Or was there some mistake? o.o

on purpose...sort of. in the herostat you will notice that each character has a number value for strength/strike, body, and mind. shaman's strike score is 4 (i think), while someone like the Hulk will have a 12. therefore, he deals way less damage in melee, requiring you to 'beat on' a foe for awhile. you can change it if you want. the game seems to use 3 different sets of scores: bruisers typically have strike 10, body 6, mind 4 (or something close); bruiser lights typically have strike 7, body 8, mind 6; support (which shaman is) typically have strike 4, body 6, mind 10. some strikers will have the 'balanced' scores of 8, 7, 6, while some support may have the same. its up to you as the modder. i try to stray true to these values. plus, shaman isn't really a melee character.

March 19, 2013, 09:03PM #72 Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:08PM by Zuzu_009
I have seen it in the herostat and might do what you just said. And thank you for that short information about Shaman :D

Wow - I was already enjoying your Wonder Man mod for a while, now I finally got around to trying out some of the other mods of yours, I looked at Dagger and Justice and they're both incredible!!

I've just read the Kurt Busiek Avengers run, which featured Justice and made me appreciate the character a lot better than before. Wonder what made you decide on making this mod, was it the same Busiek run, or a liking for the New Warriors, or Avengers Academy? (Also wondering if you might be having a go at a Firestar mod of your own... or a Speedball even.)

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on March 19, 2013, 09:03PM
I have seen it in the herostat and might do what you just said. And thank you for that short information about Shaman :D

no problem. i would advise against changing the herostat during a current game though. it'll make it glitchy. also, if you want to increase his strike, you could change his class to bruiser. being a bruiser means his strike stat will increase fast, his body stat will increase average, and his mind stat will increase slow. as a support character, his already poor strike stat increases slowly.