The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, as the day of "the announcement" draws near concerning an event that Uatu the Watcher mentioned (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg185825.html#msg185825), I have a question to ask you all: Were the passwords to my Secret Mods too difficult to find for you? Most of you were able to figure them out, but I do get PMs from time to time asking for help -- especially about the password to Secret Mod 1.

I did this for a couple of reasons: (1) I didn't want them to be too easy to find, but not too difficult either. This way, it would give you all the fun of discovering them yourself. (2) It's an attempt to get you to visit my Phantom Four page, in the hopes that some of you may want to check out my novels. As I've mentioned, I'm not too good at marketing, so it was a big help.

However, I must apologize to some of you, as when I made the passwords, I had forgotten that English is not your first language, and that it may be more difficult for you to find them. That's why I don't mind giving further hints to help you find them. To those of you who have already unlocked them, thanks for not revealing the passwords or mentioning who they are. If someone ever asks you: "Where is that mod?!? I couldn't find that character in the search engine!" Tell them to look in the "Secret Mausoleum" at The Outsider's Crypt. (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg185420.html#msg185420)

Quote from: AdrianoAp on March 12, 2017, 04:27PM
Congratulations on your mods and all your work.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Everyone, the following mods have been updated...
Agent Venom: Added web shield block effect and updated powerstyle file.
Spider-Girl: Added web shield block effect and updated powerstyle files.
Captain Universe: Now uses CaiqueWebSlingerBrazil's Cosmic Spider-Man skin & HUD.
Carnage: Now uses CaiqueWebSlingerBrazil's The Spider skin & HUD.

Check them out, and get ready for "the big announcement" on April 1... (No, it won't be an April Fools joke.)

Quote from: Outsider on March 19, 2017, 07:42AM
I have a question to ask you all: Were the passwords to my Secret Mods too difficult to find for you?

I would have to say yes.  Nothing wrong with a little puzzle, but when you're at the point where you're confident you have the right answer, and you still can't get in because you have to guess what punctuation/capital letters/spaces were used, the frustration sets in pretty quickly.

Quote from: scottsum on March 27, 2017, 03:28PM
I would have to say yes.  Nothing wrong with a little puzzle, but when you're at the point where you're confident you have the right answer, and you still can't get in because you have to guess what punctuation/capital letters/spaces were used, the frustration sets in pretty quickly.

Thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't do that, though -- the answers on the Phantom Four site are exactly the same as the passwords. It's as written, so there should be no spelling/punctuation/capital letter issue. Did you unlock them? Because some seem to have trouble with Secret Mod 1 believing that one sentence is the answer, when it's actually another... Send me a PM if you're having trouble.

"It's as written, so there should be no spelling/punctuation/capital letter issue"
I know that now- The problem is, when you get it wrong, all you know is you've got it wrong.  7-zip doesn't tell you if you're getting warmer or ice cold.  So you have no way of knowing if you only missed a space or period, or if you're not even in the ballpark.  In the midst of that, I did have the wrong sentence at one point.  That combination of events was what led to it taking numerous tries.

Quote from: scottsum on March 28, 2017, 07:25PM
I know that now- The problem is, when you get it wrong, all you know is you've got it wrong.  7-zip doesn't tell you if you're getting warmer or ice cold.  So you have no way of knowing if you only missed a space or period, or if you're not even in the ballpark.  In the midst of that, I did have the wrong sentence at one point.  That combination of events was what led to it taking numerous tries.

Fair enough. In hindsight, having a sentence for a password may have been too difficult, since many were having trouble. The one for Secret Mod 2 was more acceptable.

It is time for the big announcement!!!!

Before you ask, no, this is not an April Fools' joke. I've decided to temporarily come out of retirement and launch a modding comeback. However, right now I am still too busy. It will be an event that I've entitled the Summer of Shadows that will start on Memorial Day weekend (beginning May 27).

Between today and Memorial Day weekend, I will be requesting and collecting skins and mannequins for these planned projects. (Yes, I already know who the characters will be. They are all Marvel characters except two.) Be mindful, however, that certain factors will influence just how much I can release during the event:
(1) I will need some skinning assistance particularly from Julio Cabral and Aventureiromax. Whether they are available or not, or how much they are willing to help will be a determining factor.
(2) My own time and availability may change, depending on work, college, love life, etc. Another factor.
(3) The skinner known as Dr. Bruce Banner owes me some skins in exchange for my unreleased mod of Bruce Banner. Whether he produces those skins to me or not will also be a determining factor.

So there you have it, boys and girls. Hopefully those factors will work in our favor, and you'll see a successful temporary comeback. Stay tuned...

:phoenix: Now I'm very anxious!! I really want to know who these characters will be :3

Quote from: Outsider on April 01, 2017, 08:41AM
It is time for the big announcement!!!!

it will be an honour for me to see some masters reunite into your project. i know some of you are really busy with your personal activities. do not be in a hurry to finish your mods. i'll always wait for your release. just do not leave this group please, master outsider. :)
-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

UPDATE:
I have some rather unfortunate news. As I've mentioned, one of the determining factors with the Summer of Shadows event was if the aforementioned skinners were available and interested. Well, it appears that skinner assistance will be very slim. One skinner is on board even with certain circumstances, so a couple of characters will become possible. However, the other skinner isn't available at all. So as a result, some planned characters' skins may be attemped by me using PS2 skins (which has "hit or miss" results), while other characters will likely be cancelled.
To that end, my apologies. This is why I did not reveal to you who the characters are. I only know one more skinner to ask... and if that person can't do it either, then I may attempt some skins myself (time permitting), or they'll be cancelled. Everyone is busy nowadays, as I can certainly relate. Don't lose hope though -- things can change in two months time. Stay tuned for more info.

Quote from: Outsider on April 02, 2017, 01:34PM
UPDATE:
I have some rather unfortunate news. As I've mentioned, one of the determining factors with the Summer of Shadows event was if the aforementioned skinners were available and interested. Well, it appears that skinner assistance will be very slim. One skinner is on board even with certain circumstances, so a couple of characters will become possible. However, the other skinner isn't available at all. So as a result, some planned characters' skins may be attemped by me using PS2 skins (which has "hit or miss" results), while other characters will likely be cancelled.
To that end, my apologies. This is why I did not reveal to you who the characters are. I only know one more skinner to ask... and if that person can't do it either, then I may attempt some skins myself (time permitting), or they'll be cancelled. Everyone is busy nowadays, as I can certainly relate. Don't lose hope though -- things can change in two months time. Stay tuned for more info.
If you'd like, I can make some PS2 skins for you.