The Outsider's Crypt (contains 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Outsider on June 04, 2017, 05:02PM
Just to let everyone know, I will be working on more characters from Mortal Kombat as part of the Summer of Shadows event. (Like I said, it's my favorite fighting games series.)

While I can't reveal just who from MK will come just yet, I will tell you that the plans for them are awesome. Stay tuned, boys and girls...

Nothing could possibly make me happier! ^_^

Good to hear that everyone is enjoying Shao Kahn. Props to Julio Cabral for his hard work and excellent attention to detail. I've worked alongside some great modders such as him, MelloMods (producing Star-Lord), and Maegawa (producing Goku), and the results speak for themselves. That's a lesson to newer modders out there -- No matter how good you might be as a modder, two heads are always better than one.

My next project is another Mortal Kombat character, and, while I can't tell you who this next kombatant is, I can tell you that you'll have a lot of fun playing as this warrior...

Stay tuned, as the Summer of Shadows event continues.

Quote from: Dorpond on June 02, 2017, 06:05AM
Hi,outsider,i tested your shang-chi mod (i wanted test it when it was released but i was have no time)
i'm very enjoyed with mod,but i found a little bug/problem.
When i'm using a grabsmash throwed shurikens appears incorectly,i tried to disable fullscreen effects and advanced lighting but it made no effect
http://i.imgur.com/oeLjHmI.jpg
Can you fix this?

Ok, I've updated Shang-Chi, as you may have had a missing component that most people have in their games. Download again, and see if there are changes.

June 14, 2017, 08:51PM #1098 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:43AM by Outsider
SHANG TSUNG

Man, I love creating shape-shifter mods. And, as part of the Summer of Shadows event, I present to you my first solo mod of Mortal Kombat -- the soul-taking sorcerer, Shang Tsung. I can honestly tell you that he is already one of my favorite mods, and it'll be a favorite of yours as well as you witness his awesome skills (as himself) and 40 different morphs to choose from! He can even take the souls of his enemies! I've put a lot of hard work into this, and you'll instantly see it. Get ready to tell any stupid minion "Your soul is mine!" and play as him now.

UPDATE: His skin morph of Frost has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 4 boosts, and a custom-made Fatality as himself.
-Abilities of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality), Taker of Souls (when he attacks a stunned enemy, he can steal their soul, replenishing his health), Warrior Morph, and Various Morph.
-Has a grab smash that can steal a small portion of enemy health into himself.
-40 possible morphs in all (more than any other shape-shifter mod). All morphs last for 15 seconds. Use in moderation.
-6 hex-edited skins, 6 HUDs, icons, loading screens, 3 mannequins & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #82 (shares with Domino).

MOVESET:
1. One Fireball: Throws a single fireball that will pierce through multiple enemies.
2. Two Fireballs: Throws a pair of fireballs that will burn enemies with fire damage for a time.
3. Three Fireballs: Throws a trio of fireballs that will explode violently on impact to all nearby enemies.
4. Soul Steal: Takes life force away from a single enemy, revitalizing himself.
5. Fire Eruption: Creates a storm of flame geysers, popping them upward in a radius.
6. (Boost) Klassic Morph: Morphs into a klassic warrior from the original MK with different powerups.
7. (Boost) Fighter Morph: Morphs into one of MK's various kombatants with different powerups. Unlocks Various Morph.
8. (Boost) Ninja Morph: Morphs into a ninja kombatant of MK with different powerups. Unlocks Warrior Morph.
9. (Boost) The Soulnado / Boss Morph: Creates a dark magic field that drains the health of nearby souls and heals himself. Also has option to morph into a boss character of MK.
10. (Fatality) Mass Destruction: Enters into the bodies of all enemies, increasing their mass until they explode violently to death.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, mystery effect, earthquake script, etc.
MelloMods - Adam Warlock soulorb entity
Aventureiromax - Mannequins
Erik Lensherr - Idea of general attack boost on morphs

CREDITS (SKINS):
Aventureiromax - Shang Tsung (MK1, MK2, MK3, MKvsDC), Baraka, Cyrax, Ermac, Fujin, Goro, Jade, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kintaro, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Quan Chi, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, Skarlet, Smoke, Sonya, Stryker
Julio Cabral - Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kronika
Andersonbrazil - Shang Tsung (MK9, MK9 Alt), Frost, Kabal, Kenshi, Nitara, Nightwolf, Noob Saibot, Sheeva, Sindel, Tremor
UltraMegaMagnus - Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs

BUGS:
3 out of 10 times, when Shang Tsung grabs an enemy, the minion will randomly escape right away (perhaps out of fear lol). Unsure why that's happening. Minor, though.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?a5zei06zqco6b21

That´s what I'm talking about, I'm going to test this mod right now, nice work Outsider  :D

Our thing is getting serious here:) ... how much good news, my friend, it only increases our expectations ... I have not even tried the latest releases kkk
Congratulations for more this great Mod ;)

YES!!! Thank you so much for this, Outsider!!!

Another shape-shifter from Outsider, it's like a tradition :D
As I said before, I like his powerset, awesome ;)

Quote from: Big Boss on June 14, 2017, 10:46PM
That´s what I'm talking about, I'm going to test this mod right now, nice work Outsider  :D
Quote from: AdrianoAp on June 15, 2017, 05:08AM
Our thing is getting serious here:) ... how much good news, my friend, it only increases our expectations ... I have not even tried the latest releases kkk
Congratulations for more this great Mod ;)
Quote from: TheMK on June 15, 2017, 05:22PM
YES!!! Thank you so much for this, Outsider!!!
Quote from: Erik Lensherr on June 16, 2017, 02:16AM
Another shape-shifter from Outsider, it's like a tradition :D
As I said before, I like his powerset, awesome ;)

Good to hear that everyone is enjoying Shang Tsung. Aventureiromax really helped by creating skins for all of those MK fighters, making his morphs possible. (Again, I know that's not Skarlet's real outfit. If her MK9 skin is created, I'll update him.) It was even fun for me to make that Morph Guide. Curious to know if anyone has found his secret morph yet...

Honestly, my next project is a toss-up. I do have Marvel characters planned, but I also want the wave of MK characters to continue. The next MK character is (back by popular demand!) a collaboration with Julio Cabral. Whichever I decide to do first, the Summer of Shadows event continues.

Although ST is not one of my favorite MK characters, in the quick test that I did (because time is short :/) the mod was pretty cool ;)

Looking forward to seeing the next MK fighters...girls maybe? :D Thanks anyway.
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: Outsider on June 16, 2017, 04:09PM
The next MK character is (back by popular demand!) a collaboration with Julio Cabral. Whichever I decide to do first, the Summer of Shadows event continues.
Hell yeah! And I promise that this is going to be even better than Raiden.

For everyone that has played as Shang Tsung, did anyone find his secret morph? (The secret character is the question mark on Shang Tsung's Morph Guide.) Did I make it too difficult to find? If you didn't find it, perhaps I'll reveal how to do it soon if you're curious... If you have discovered it, congrats!

Also, at the Lab, I have a poll question in regards to Nina Williams of Tekken:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8782.msg187071.html#msg187071. What's your take on it?

Oh, and for those wondering, no, I still can't release my Bruce Banner mod, as the skinner Dr. Bruce Banner hasn't contacted me in regards to the skins he owe me in exchange for the mod. This is the first collaboration that didn't go well. My apologies, as I expected better.

Quote from: aventureiromax on June 17, 2017, 03:39AM
Although ST is not one of my favorite MK characters, in the quick test that I did (because time is short :/) the mod was pretty cool ;)

Looking forward to seeing the next MK fighters...girls maybe? :D Thanks anyway.

Though not the very next one, perhaps one of the females from MK will make her way to the MUA soon enough... :king:

Everyone, my Captain America booster has been updated, as I found an error in the talents file that prevented the new "Brooklyn Beatdown" power from working properly. That error has been corrected. To save time, you don't have to overwrite the entire mod, just overwrite the talents file (located in data/talents).

The Summer of Shadows event will continue, as another MK kombatant is coming very soon... and don't forget the information from the previous post.