The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: TheMK on May 21, 2018, 07:53PM
By any chance are you familiar with Beats of Rage? It's an open source game editing system (that's free and legal as far as I'm aware) that allows you to basically make games just like the classic Beat 'Em Up Streets of Rage, which the X-Men Arcade Game is pretty similar to IMO.

ZVitor, a programmer and gamer who usually makes creations with Mugen (similar to BOR except with fighting games), has made some pretty awesome Marvel and DC themed stuff with BOR.

http://zvitor.com.br/projeto/mfa3.html

http://zvitor.com.br/projeto/jlu1.html

Yes, I have heard of it, and I'm curious to try it out. To be honest, I know that once I start creating my own games, I'll be too consumed with it and won't be modding for MUA anymore. That said, when I'm done here, one of the very first games I'll attempt will be of the Phantom Four. Oh, the possibilities...

Speaking of the "sons of darkness," I have thought about modding them for MUA, but frankly they just too powerful. Even Galactus couldn't take them on.

Quote from: Outsider on May 21, 2018, 05:36PM
Since I made the Winter Soldier mod that BLaw made skins for, it's alright to write here. The reason you're not seeing his rifle in his hands is because Blaw's skins of him likely does not have "11901_gun_segment," which is the rifle that Winter Soldier NPC uses.
Is there any way to fix it? Did you manage to make him use a rifle for your mod? If the model doesn't have the necessary part, is it possible to make him hold some other rifle? Or make him use the rifle from his original skin?

Quote from: BloodyMares on May 22, 2018, 03:09AM
Is there any way to fix it? Did you manage to make him use a rifle for your mod? If the model doesn't have the necessary part, is it possible to make him hold some other rifle? Or make him use the rifle from his original skin?

The only ways are (1) for a model converter to add a rifle bolton to Blaw's existing model and name it "11901_gun_segment," or (2) for a model converter to convert a whole new skin of him with the rifle "11901_gun_segment." I'm not a model converter so I can't do either. You'll have to ask a model converter if they are willing to do it.

Dude I freakin love your mods! Thank you so much for doing a booster for Polaris. I still think you should consider doing one for havok(laser) or cable. One thing I kind of dislike are the boost powers that make a character invincible is just over power in my opinion and it would be nice to have a different opinion.

Everyone, now that the 33 Roster Hack was a huge success, I've returned to character creation. That said, prepare yourselves... The Wendigo is coming....

Quote from: edward on May 28, 2018, 04:54PM
Dude I freakin love your mods! Thank you so much for doing a booster for Polaris. I still think you should consider doing one for havok(laser) or cable. One thing I kind of dislike are the boost powers that make a character invincible is just over power in my opinion and it would be nice to have a different opinion.

Thanks for the compliment. As for your requests, I just have far too many projects to do. Though, I do agree with you that invincibility is too easy for most characters. It is fitting for some (if for a very short time), but shouldn't be used for a lot of them.

I'm really excited for everything you're working on next, Outsider! Especially your Mortal Kombat mods!

May 29, 2018, 09:56PM #1476 Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:11PM by Outsider
WENDIGO

WEN-DI-GOOOOOO!!!!!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) That said, here is my mod of perhaps one of the most dangerous villain characters in Marvel. Paul Cartier -- the man who became cursed and transformed into the great white massive cannibalistic monster from Northern Canada know as the Wendigo. As you can imagine, I've made his mod to be one of the most fierce and savage there is. He has to be -- he's an enemy of both the :hulk_icon: Hulk and :wolverine: Wolverine. But why imagine when you can download and see him for yourself? Check it. Oh, and say a prayer for anyone in his way...

UPDATE: Fixed clash with OCP. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Ability of Supernatural Resistance (heavy resistance to physical damage, immunity to cold damage, cannot be stunned, grabbed, frozen, or knocked down.)
-Due to his massive size, Wendigo can inflict damage just by landing after a jump, or rolling towards an enemy.
-1 hex-edited skin, 4 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #216 (shares with Pyro).

MOVESET:
1. Brutal Punch: Lands a haymaker punch that knocks the enemy far back.
2. Rocky Mountain Throw: Grabs an enemy and throws him with deadly force.
3. Canadian Quake: Causes an earthquake of cold geysers that pops enemies upward.
4. Slashing Cannibal: Leaps and horribly slashes all enemies in his path out of his way.
5. Curse of the Wendigo: Bites an enemy, quickly transforming them into a Wendigo for a time.
6. (Debuff) Winter Blast: Breathes cold air, causing enemies to freeze and move slowly for a time.
7. (Boost) Northern Rage: Wendigo's strength, health, energy, and defense increase. 50% chance of invoking fear, lowering enemy defense.
8. (Xtreme) Enraged Curse: Releases an earthquake punch that causes a massive winter blast on all enemies.

NEEDS:
3 more skins.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, earthquake script, etc.
Aventureiromax - Skin, mannequin
epicanddragon94 - Carryguy_fightstyle files

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?nl62un8m3gwn6fi

Hope everyone is diggin' the Wendigo. Now I will focus my attention on Mortal Kombat mods for my next three projects, since they've waited long enough. Who are they? One of them was revealed a few days ago. But don't worry, still plenty more Marvel to come. Stay tuned...

Excited for More Kombat!!!

I'm sure the other mods will be great too :)

Wendigo looks awesome as usual, looking forward to adding him to my collection.  :applause:

Outsider, is there any tutorial explaining how to use XLMBCUI?  :phoenix:

June 12, 2018, 02:26AM #1482 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:14AM by Outsider
SMOKE

Introducing my mod of one of the three hidden characters from MK2 -- the mysterious gray-garbed ninja known as Smoke. He plays very unique, and is surprisingly powerful, making for a fun mod. Both his human and cyborg versions are covered -- although no spear move, as I didn't want to make him like Scorpion. Trust me though, play as him and you'll realize that he doesn't need it. Check him out for yourself.

UPDATE: Fixed movements during Vapor Trail boost.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Ability of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality), Teleport, and Ethereal Power (regains energy faster than most).
-5 hex-edited skins, 5 HUDs, icons, 2 loading screens, mannequin & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #54 (will clash with Patriot in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Teleport Punch: Teleports to multiple enemies and punches them down.
2. Smoke Cloud: Throws a projectile of smoke that pops an enemy up and stuns them.
3. Living Mist: Can reverse all incoming attacks in a brief counter move.
4. Brutality: Teleports to a single enemy and unleashes a lethal combo ending with an uppercut.
5. Sizzle Bomb: Touches an enemy and causes them to sizzle until they violently explode.
6. (Boost) Invisibility: Becomes invisible to enemies and raises critical chances.
7. (Boost) Vapor Trail: Becomes living smoke for a time, burning enemies anywhere he goes. Gains some immunities.
8. (Fatality) Smokin' Gun: Uses his ethereal powers to cook enemies from the inside, until they combust into flames.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, some effects, etc.
Aventureiromax - Skins & mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?93vp307movze1b2

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

That famous quote from The Godfather Part III describes my current status with Marvel Mods. I told myself I was truly done once I reached 150 ("The Road to 150") as my girl spoke with me about. I had my remaining mods planned -- until Krisan Thyme and I came up with the 33 Roster Hack, as it inspired me. One of my goals here was to have a complete roster of Mortal Kombat warriors. But, now that the roster is extended to 33, it means I have to create mods after the 150 goal.

Turns out I can't have a set number of mods before I'm truly done. So, I guess I won't make any announcements as to when I'm done. Instead, I'll just kinda slowly, quietly ride off into the sunset when it's time.

That said, is anyone here old enough to remember Malibu Comics and the Ultraverse? Before it was bought by Marvel and utterly destroyed in the "Black September" event, Ultraverse had a few interesting characters. Two of them in particular stood out for me -- one of them was Night Man.

Night Man had comics as well as a television show in the 90's that lasted for two seasons. It was about a saxophonist named Johnny Domino who had the telepathic ability to sense evil, and has no need to ever sleep. Wearing some bulletproof suit and some gadgets, I always viewed Night Man as Ultraverse's answer to Batman -- only far less successful. Still, I thought it was interesting back then.  The only other one that intrigued me back then was Mantra.

Mantra is based on the centuries-old male warrior named Lukasz who fought for his wizard master Archimage. If I recall correctly, when his rival Boneyard found Archimage and killed him, his last act was to resurrect Lukasz... Suddenly, Lukasz found his soul trapped in the body of a woman! (And a hot woman at that.) He is within the body of Eden Blake, who's soul is also inside. She is a mother of two, and her body is unknowingly capable of powerful sorcery. Lukasz and Eden fell in love with each other while still trapped in the same body. I thought this story was amazing and way ahead of it's time. Unfortunately, when Marvel bought the rights, they essentially ruined the character and it is now buried with Prime, Prototype and the other Ultras, never to be used again.

So, what do you all think? Since Marvel owns the rights, they are Marvel characters, so seeing them in MUA isn't too far out of the box. Would you like to be able to play as these two? Not sure if I will attempt them, but I'm curious of your thoughts. Feel free to sound off.