The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August 17, 2013, 09:08AM #121 Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 10:24PM by Outsider
LARA CROFT

Introducing my first non-Marvel mod, the Tomb Raider herself, Lara Croft. Her moves were heavily inspired by her many Tomb Raider games, including the many relics & artefacts she's found around the world. Some may find it strange to play as Lara in a Marvel game, but you'd be surprised just how fun it is to play as her. And who is more fitting to explore the likes of Atlantis, the ruins of China, and Asgard? Exactly. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

UPDATE: No longer has Eitr Blast -- she can't do that anyway.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme. One of her powers can be done in mid-air to save power space.
-16 skins, 8 HUDs, 3 loading screens, mannequin, icons, and sound files.
-New abilities: Tomb Raider (gains 10% faster momentum), Flexibility (3x jump), Lara's Shadow (The doppelganger moves 15% faster, has Might, +9 defense, and can inflict 7% more damage.)
-Uses assigned number #160.

MOVESET:
1. Pistol Fire: Fires her trademark pistol at enemies. Hold to keep firing.
2. Flexible Gunfire: Fires both handguns at enemies. Can also be done in mid-air.
3. Treasure Find: Lara searches the terrain and has a 50% chance of finding a rare item.
4. Grenade Throw: Throws a highly volitile grenade from her belt.
5. Sanglyph: Uses the Sanglyph to fire a highly damaging purple beam.
6. (Boost) Ora Dagger: Provides a very brief shield of invincibility.
7. (Boost) Excalibur: Uses the sacred sword to heal herself and her allies for a time.
8. (Boost) Mjolnir: Wields Thor's hammer in combat. Adds new powers, electric melee damage, and decreases damage taken. Immune to electricity damage.
9. (Xtreme) Goddess of Thunder: Holding Mjolnir, she releases a violent electric blast.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, bikini skin, HUDs, icons, sounds, loading screens, etc.
Aventureiromax - Mannequin, all chosen skins (except AoD and wetsuit), Snowsuit skin
Owl City - Wetsuit skin, all extra skins (except AoD & Snowsuit)
Enchlore - AoD skins & HUDs
MUALover - Lightning effects
Blizz - Desert Eagle boltons
tubular spacedude - Voice file

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?kw5w5385x1zucgn

Wow, she looks definitely amazing! Downloading now :3
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Congrats on Lara, very unique character, I hate to be that guy, but isn't Thor only powerful enough to carry Mjolnir? Of course with Thor's permission, other people could wear it, but as Lara isa bit of a...Raider.. xd, Oh well, I do get that Mjolnir is the only real useful artifcact in the game, so no blame on you, very cool to have a skin-specific power

My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I have just tried Lara. Her shooting stunt is very creatively imagined. I also made a custom sound set for her as configured by her powerstyle and added the voice of Storm for the extreme, the thunder struck. She still uses Psylocke's voice which I renamed lara_v. I also made some fixes on Lara's second power.  You may pm me if this development interests you; so that I can send these minor changes to you. Just credit me for the fix.

Let's change the play!

It's great to see a much more completed Mr. Sinister mod.  Hopefully someone will make a fourth skin soon.  Thank you!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: MUALover on August 17, 2013, 09:12AM
Wow, she looks definitely amazing! Downloading now :3
Quote from: Polygone on August 17, 2013, 02:01PM
Congrats on Lara, very unique character, I hate to be that guy, but isn't Thor only powerful enough to carry Mjolnir? Of course with Thor's permission, other people could wear it, but as Lara isa bit of a...Raider.. xd, Oh well, I do get that Mjolnir is the only real useful artifcact in the game, so no blame on you, very cool to have a skin-specific power
Quote from: fox456 on August 20, 2013, 03:22AM
It's great to see a much more completed Mr. Sinister mod.  Hopefully someone will make a fourth skin soon.  Thank you!

Thanks a lot, fellas.
@Polygone - Yeah, skin-specific powers was something I wanted to discover for quite some time. And Lara wielding Mjolnir? Conflict of universes, I know...
@Lakan - Thanks for trying out Lara. You don't have to send me the fixes per se, though. You mainly fixed the sounds, I hear. You can release those files containing only the changes (a booster) for everyone to try out.
@Fox - Miss Sinister would be cool. In fact, I'm considering fixing up other incomplete mods such as Mystique and Valkyrie (pending permission in some cases.) My work schedule and the projects I have already makes it difficult though.

Here's the link for the sound fix: Lara's sounds and other minor changes. Just read the attached instructions.

Quote from: Polygone on August 17, 2013, 02:01PM

I believe it is not upon Thor's discretion to choose who can wield the Mjolnir. At some down point in his life, he could not carry it himself. The hammer has a will of its own, and it chooses whomever is worthy to lift it.

BTW, I like how Lara's Mjolnir power is designed: it has 3 power-stunts in 1 power. Spectacular innovation!

Let's change the play!

sorry, you're absolutely right, my bad :/, Curious to see how Lara became worthy though xD

Can't wait to try out that Finished Mr. Sinister Mod!  Not mention a lot of your other stuff.

August 29, 2013, 02:49PM #130 Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:10PM by Outsider
RED HULK

There have been many clones of Marvel characters over the years, but this one is no clone. Presenting the mod of General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, known to you all as Red Hulk, or sometimes called "Rulk." It was very difficult to make his moveset unlike most brawler characters who seem to have the same of everything, but I believe I've succeeded for the most part. Take a character with Hulk-like strength, add some fire powers, military experience, some resistances, and a big-ass gun, and you got yourself a killing machine. Try him out.

UPDATE: Added new Inferno skin & HUD. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, sounds file, loading screen, and 2 mannequins.
-Abilities: Fire Immunity (fire doesn't harm him at all), Might, Energy Resistance (Only takes half as much energy damage as others would.), Healing Factor.
-Replaces the Rulk on the original Hulk's moveset with a detailed movie Hulk.
-Uses assigned number #178.

MOVESET:
1. Afterburner: One-two punch combo where the 2nd punch ignites an enemy on fire.
2. Power Quake: Pounds the ground hard causing damage and knockback.
3. Violent Flame: Throws a fireball that explodes upon impact. Also causes knockback.
4. Red Rampage: Runs and spears down an enemy, then gives him a beatdown.
5. Heat Seeker: From his rocket launcher, fires a homing missile that seeks a target and bounces off walls.
6. (Boost) Boiling Point: Ignites fists on fire. Increases melee damage and movement speed.
7. (Boost) Energy Absorption: Allies convert incoming energy damage into health for Rulk. Also gains strength and defense bonus.
8. (Xtreme) Rulk Smash?: Leaps into the air and crashes down, releasing a radial blast of fire on all enemies.

NEEDS:
Two skins (Agents of SMASH and Venom-influenced)

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, sounds, loading screen, hex-editing, etc.
BLaw - Primary & Movie skin, mannequins
Andersonbrazil - Inferno skin
aventureiromax - Skin #17802
Julio Cabral - Movie skin (for original Hulk)
Blizz - Rocket Launcher bolton
MUALover - Violent Flame effect
epicanddragon94 - Carryguy_fightstyle files

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?g9qwb4imbnt2f30

another realse already man your awesome  i just tested Rulk he is On Fire! BUT you forgot his Healing Factor and his Radiation resistances and his heat seaker dosen't work for me he just do the "use" animation
and lara 1st dosen't have a gun she just shoots with an invisble gun

Edit : Rulk worked fine after i installed punisher you shoud include all stuff related to a effect when coppying a power fron one to one

Quote from: shoce on August 29, 2013, 04:23PM
another realse already man your awesome  i just tested Rulk he is On Fire! BUT you forgot his Healing Factor and his Radiation resistances and his heat seaker dosen't work for me he just do the "use" animation
and lara 1st dosen't have a gun she just shoots with an invisble gun

Edit : Rulk worked fine after i installed punisher you shoud include all stuff related to a effect when coppying a power fron one to one

On the Punisher boltons: Yeah, my fault on that. Though I assumed everyone had the Punisher already, including the boltons slipped my mind as I've been very busy lately. Lara is in need a few improvements anyway.
On the Healing Factor/Radiation Resistance: I did that on purpose - didn't want to overpower him, and wanted to further differ himself from the original Hulk. So I made his health regen a passive instead.

You are in strict violation of realesing to many mods in such a short time!

Lol, Amazing job Outsider!

EDIT : Played with him a little, three thingie's

1 : Violent flame doesn't work, its just a punch that doesnt really do anything :P
2 : Rulk has (in my case, not 100 % sure if it happens all the time) not performed a beatdown when doing red rampage, I kinda like it though, it looks more aggressive
3 : That second power effect looks Amazing, may I ask what effect you used for it?