The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mike_89x on February 18, 2014, 04:10PM
thanks for fixing wolverine's defense problem. i would like to report a minor bug though; logan does not have sound when being selected from the four man team or when he levels up, or when using the team call (he says something like "lets go" but in a very low voice). i dont know if this was intended but i noticed this after the defense fix, don't remember if he had it before. sorry for being the bearer of bad news.

About that... Wolverine for some reason didn't come with an initial .zss file, which has his in-game (during gameplay) voice, so he wouldn't say anything at all. I had to make one, which contained that "let's go, bub" sound team call/taunt. It's a small file, so he doesn't have a "level up" sound because I couldn't find something good for him to say. It only really has victory sounds (after you kill someone.)

As for the menu select voice (when you select him from the hero select screen), it's still there. But when picking a team of four, hearing his voice becomes more rare. Select Wolverine by himself and you'll see his voice is still there. That has to do with the "x_voice" file, which is separate from the aforementioned .zss file.

Quote from: Outsider on February 18, 2014, 09:52PM
About that... Wolverine for some reason didn't come with an initial .zss file, which has his in-game (during gameplay) voice, so he wouldn't say anything at all. I had to make one, which contained that "let's go, bub" sound team call/taunt. It's a small file, so he doesn't have a "level up" sound because I couldn't find something good for him to say. It only really has victory sounds (after you kill someone.)

As for the menu select voice (when you select him from the hero select screen), it's still there. But when picking a team of four, hearing his voice becomes more rare. Select Wolverine by himself and you'll see his voice is still there. That has to do with the "x_voice" file, which is separate from the aforementioned .zss file.

thanks for the quick response. and about the .zss file, i dont quite understand what you are saying because he does indeed have one. i have a .rar backup of the whole original game and i could upload you the original .zss file if you dont have it. (sry in advance for any missunderstanding)

Quote from: mike_89x on February 19, 2014, 12:29AM
thanks for the quick response. and about the .zss file, i dont quite understand what you are saying because he does indeed have one. i have a .rar backup of the whole original game and i could upload you the original .zss file if you dont have it. (sry in advance for any missunderstanding)
i replaced your .zss file with the original one from the game (which was replaced by the mod) and it works. wolverine is back as he was before and answers every time i pick him in the four man team, when leveling up etc. it has over 1 Mb size.

RECALL NOTICE:
To those who've downloaded the Wolverine booster's recent update, it came with a much smaller voice file (wolv_v.zss). If you've overwritten his original voice file, mike_89x has offered to recover that file. Just message him. That smaller voice file has since been removed from the booster.

February 21, 2014, 06:02PM #214 Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 10:52PM by Outsider
FANTOMEX

Ever since the day I came to Marvel Mods, the one mod I mainly requested was this man, so it is with pride that I introduce the unveiling of Jean-Phillipe (which may or may not be his real name), the three-brained super sentinel we all know as :fantomex: Fantomex. With a large and unique moveset of firearms, evasive moves, and illusion powers, you can have some serious fun with this mod. This ain't no misdirection, boys and girls... he is finally here. Included with this mod is a stand-alone mod of his external nervous system called E.V.A. She is not exactly the most original mod, as the majority of her moves are of Dihan's Surge, but with some differences. Still, you'll find her fun to play as. Complete the (ideal) Uncanny X-Force collection.

UPDATE: E.V.A. now shares #128 with Fantomex. Added Jocasta as an alternate costume for E.V.A. Now has a mannequin. Added improved skin by Julio Cabral. Added a voice file and altered his powerstyle file.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme. Also a rather unique grab smash.... (Fantomex)
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme. (EVA)
-Abilities of Mental Immunity (100% immune to mental attacks, stun, & mind control), and Flight for both. (Fantomex uses E.V.A. Glider.)
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin, and sound/voice file featuring Abel's voice from Street Fighter X Tekken. (Fantomex)
-2 hex-edited skins, 2 HUDs, icons, 2 loading screens, and sound file featuring Tricia Helfer's voice from Mass Effect 2. (EVA)
-Passives written in French, using Google Translate. (Fantomex)
-Both use assigned number #128

FANTOMEX MOVESET:
1. Diabolique: Fires a stream of bullets at his enemies. (Press & Hold)
2. Tromperie: Misdirects an enemy into thinking he is a... certain Master of Evil, ordering him to attack his fellow allies for a time.
3. Vertigo Blast: Fantomex in a radial flash convinces enemies that they are suffering from vertigo, stunning them for a time.
4. Smoke and Mirrors: Creates an illusion of a 2nd Fantomex to misdirect enemies' attention while lowering their defense and nullifying their special effects.
5. E.V.A.: His external nervous creates an electric pulse that orbits Fantomex and attacks enemies for a time.
6. Weapon XIII: Misdirects an anticipated enemy attack (causing them to move VERY slowly) while he evades and fires a deadly counter shot.
7. (Boost) Misdirection: Makes his enemies believe he is not there at all. Attacks gain higher momentum.
8. (Boost) Auto-Hypnosis: Enters a trance state to heal himself. However, this requires concentration, so his attack rating is decreased. E.V.A. deflects projectiles to protect him.
9. (Boost) Triple Threat: Uses all three of his brains in combat - reveals enemies on mini-map, time moves slowly except him + allies, and adds mental damage to melee attacks.
10. (Xtreme) Coup de GrĂ¢ce: Fantomex sends E.V.A. to bounce off walls and attack with bio-electric charges.

E.V.A. MOVESET:
1. Electric Bolts: Fires multiple bio-electric projectiles. (Press & Hold)
2. Orbital Pulse: Creates an electric pulse that orbits her very fast and attacks enemies for a lengthy time.
3. False Image: Just like Fantomex, can create an illusion of a 2nd EVA to misdirect enemies' attention while lowering their defense and nullifying their special effects.
4. Bio-Electric Surge: Releases a chain of bio-electric power to shock nearby enemies. (Rapid Tap)
5. (Boost) Speed of Lightning: E.V.A. shares her bio-electricity to her allies, giving all of them enhanced movement and attack speed.
6. (Boost) Predator Mode: Forms razor-sharp blades, giving her higher melee and critical damage, and reveals enemies on the mini-map. Inspired by Uncanny X-Force comic.
7. (Xtreme) System Overload: E.V.A. charges up all of her bio-electric power and releases it in a violent blast.

NEEDS:
E.V.A. skin

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation and coding (both), HUDs, icons, sounds, loading screens, Weapon XIII skin etc.
Me - Initial Fantomex unfinished mod creation, Fantomex Cluster skin
Julio Cabral - Fantomex Uncanny X-Force & Classic skins, mannequin, EVA sphere model
Dihan - Surge data
Aventureiromax - Jocasta skin
MJ Fan - Diamond Emma Frost skin substitute for E.V.A.

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?8e38cmv9fawqmma

Sorry for not creating the other skins you request. I could do it but I have no time. In a near future I will do it. Don't worry.

":D' I will return this diamond in the name of the X-Men. Sacre Bleu"
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: Me on February 21, 2014, 06:05PM
That is so awesome you finished him! Congratulations! :D
Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on February 21, 2014, 09:41PM
":D' I will return this diamond in the name of the X-Men. Sacre Bleu"
Quote from: fox456 on February 21, 2014, 09:25PM
Fantomex sounds like a cool mod.  Thank you!

Thanks a lot, fellas. I'm glad I was able to finish him, and I hope I did the mod justice.

Quote from: Odinson012 on February 21, 2014, 06:55PM
Sorry for not creating the other skins you request. I could do it but I have no time. In a near future I will do it. Don't worry.

No worries. Like I said, I don't rush anyone with their skinning. I wouldn't want to be rushed when modding, either. We're all busy people, and it's not liked we get paid to do this, right? Whenever you get around to them, it's all good.

March 16, 2014, 07:47PM #220 Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 07:21AM by Outsider
SHUMA-GORATH

Surprised, aren't you? A while back, I had said that making a mod of "he that sleeps but will awake" in his true form of one huge eye and six tentacles was impossible. But, no one said anything about him possessing others... With that said, here is my rather creative rendition of the demon lord of chaos, Shuma-Gorath. Truth is I had already planned this mod before requests for him started filling up my PM box. Anyway, now he doesn't need to possess others and is his own self, and carries his powers to a T. So go on, enjoy causing chaos around MUA. (FYI: For those who may ask, I prefer his magenta skin color, as it seems a lot of villains are or wear green. I like originality. And yes he has worn both colors in the comics.)

UPDATE: Improved mannequin, changed teleport function.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Talents of might, teleport, and dominance (able to taunt)
-5 hex-edited skins, 5 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin, and sound file featuring his voice from the Marvel Super Heroes video game.
-Uses assigned number #244.

MOVESET:
1. Mystic Stare: Fires a beam from his large eye. Will pierce enemies.
2. Telekinesis: Ok, you don't need an explanation for this one. Move on.
3. Chaotic Wrath: Releases extra tentacles in a radial attack. Rapid tap.
4. Devitalization: Grabs an enemy to drain his health, then fling them into the sky. Press and hold.
5. Blast Wave: A swirling vortex of chaotic energy that slams to the ground, causing knockback. Chargeable.
6. (Boost) Demonic Essence: Influences entire team. Increases melee damage and defense.
7. (Boost) Lord of Chaos: For a very short time, moves 30% faster and all powers cost no energy.
8. (Xtreme) Chaos Dimension: A massive vacuum of chaotic power that draws enemies inward, then blasts them outward.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, icons, sounds, loading screen, effects recolor etc.
Andersonbrazil - Skins, HUDs
UltraMegaMagnus - mannequin
MUALover - Malice effects
Maegawa - Fix to grab smash

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?5cf6db7l214h5ry

Creative idea, i'll personally be using the Empress as my SG avatar.

Although just spitting out a last minute idea, but would it be/have been feasible to try to reskin the little Mantis bot from the Mandarin fight to have the right color and an eye on it's back? Then perhaps scaling it up via the size increase.

I'm assuming that might be the only thing that could get closer to a shuma gorath mod besides the great idea Outsider has released here.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

It would be possible, perhaps, but the animations would've been impossible to deal with

Like Odddark said, AWESOME idea, really like it. I like how you've chosen wolverine's skeleton so the entire fightstyle looks a little monstrous.

Extreme has some texture problems, but awesome mod none the less!
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

March 24, 2014, 07:03PM #223 Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:48PM by Outsider
CLEA

Presenting the playable Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension, Clea. Because she is the disciple of :strange: Dr. Strange, she has some of the same moves as him, but also a good number of different moves exclusive to her, and different-looking effects. Um, that's pretty much it, Not much else to say. Enjoy.

UPDATE: Added more voice lines, altered icons, and visual skin updates. Herostat has changed, as her flying effects are now in her powerstyle file.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-7 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, sounds, 2 mannequins and loading screen.
-Uses assigned number #154.

MOVESET:
1. Magical Mystery: Randomly fires great balls of fire or pure magic.
2. Levitation: C'mon now... ya'll know what this does.
3. Aura of Petrification: Turns nearby enemies into stone for a time.
4. Crystal Clea: Throws a projectile that causes a mind control spell for a time.
5. Falteen Fire: A radial blast of mystical flame.
6. (Boost) Seraphim's Shield: Protects her from projectiles and beams, harms melee attackers.
7. (Boost) Flames of Regency: Raises her energy regen and stats at the cost of a portion of her max health.
8. (Xtreme) Sorceress Supreme: Same result as Dr. Strange's "Mystic Maelstrom."

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, etc.
Aventureiromax - Modern & Defenders skins, mannequins
Lionsden99 - Original, Earth X, and Strange Tales skins
Felipe Araujo Melo - All effects
ak2yny - Skin visual updates, added voices, icons change

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?j9h4gwqn06a4jjc