The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Awesome! No more words necessary.
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

Outsider thanks for bringing this Monster!!!
I know that you have no plans to create more dc characters, but since batman v superman is coming out, hopefully you enjoy and get inspired to create doomsday and aquaman :P (then would only miss darkseid e.e)
Thx alot and keep going mate :)

Great job on Mantis & the Manhunter ! Just love the moves and the sounds of Mantis , she reminds me those old school kung fu movies 

;)
" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

Outsider, I've mentioned previously that your Mystique mod is my all-time favorite mod. I also mentioned that my game was crashing whenever using her in a team with Hulk. Turns out, it wasn't Canino's booster causing the crash-- I was getting crashes with Mystique and various versions of Hulk (all using DarkMark's skins) in teams of four, usually with Mystique in slot three and Hulk in slot four, but other combinations would cause crashes too.

I would just put up with it, except I'm not getting a crash to desktop-- instead, the loadscreen will freeze and my PC will suddenly start overheating (this seems like it might be a Windows 10 issue... gotta love it). I've got a pretty decent rig, so that's concerning.

Since I love the Mystique mod so much, I spent a few hours today testing, and the crashing seemed to get worse and worse. It also happens on a team with Thor, Spider-Man, and Invisible Woman, which I find strange since none have been modded very much beyond their vanilla files besides a few powerstyle tweaks. I tried removing one of Mystique's powers (Raging Raven, being the most expendable) thinking that smaller powerstyle/talents files would help, but the crashes persist. Oddly, it's somewhat more stable if I go back to Gevth's mod-- but honestly, there's no going back at this point.

The crashing has gotten so bad that I decided I had to remove Mystique from my dream roster save, which is NOT ideal because as I mentioned, it's my favorite mod by far (it hurts to think about no longer delivering Sweet Chin Mystique). I know you're busy, but I just thought I'd ask if you have ANY ideas at all of what I could do. Or perhaps someone else on here has experienced something similar? If not, perhaps I have to move on from Mystique...

Sorry for rambling. On an unrelated note, I was intrigued to discover you've written some books! I've long considered myself an aspiring author (although I always start projects and never finish them) so I'm very interested. I fully intend to read the first one this summer when I have an abundance of free time.

I think I know what the problem may be... It's not Mystique in particular, there's been a situation where random characters in a certain order of 4 (and on rare cases, 3) has caused the game to crash. I myself and others have experimented on this, but no permanent solution has been found yet. In the meantime, you could try just switching the order. For example, try Mystique at spot #2 instead of #3. You'd be surprised how that's worked in some cases. More info about this oh-so-annoying glitch is found here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8829.0.html. Read through that thread to see what has been done so far. No worries about the rambling, as I understand this is a very serious problem.

Quote from: Clarityman on March 13, 2016, 09:17PM
On an unrelated note, I was intrigued to discover you've written some books! I've long considered myself an aspiring author (although I always start projects and never finish them) so I'm very interested. I fully intend to read the first one this summer when I have an abundance of free time.

I definitely appreciate that. The Phantom Four are very unique and mysterious heroes... who are extremely cursed.  And their quest is the stuff of both legends and nightmares. I am certain that most if not all comic fans, or fans of graphic violence would love these novels. As for you being an aspiring author yourself, I know from experience that it's not easy, but when you have some decent time, I encourage you to get back into your writing. Stay the course. It's ok to have "writer's block" every now and then, and it doesn't matter how long it may take to write it, but you'll feel damn proud of yourself once you finish your objective. And of course, protect your work legally. If you need any advice, feel free to send a PM.

Quote from: Clarityman on March 13, 2016, 09:17PM
...I also mentioned that my game was crashing whenever using her in a team with Hulk. Turns out, it wasn't Canino's booster causing the crash-- I was getting crashes with Mystique and various versions of Hulk (all using DarkMark's skins) in teams of four, usually with Mystique in slot three and Hulk in slot four, but other combinations would cause crashes too....

I'd be very curious to know what happens if you only choose two or three players, even if one of them is Mystique.  I have noticed crashes with a lot of these newer mods if I play with a team of four, but if I only use three, it's all fine.  I'm not sure if it's the high-res skins, conflicting references to powerstyle files, or whatever, but there was a definite pattern.  I've just resigned to using teams of three, and I don't have any issues.

Yes Scottsum, that's the conclusion I've come to as well. Teams of three only while using Mystique, and that way I can keep her on my roster (with Mystique on teams of four, the crashes happen very frequently no matter the order).

In order to determine how far-reaching this problem might be, I did a clean reinstall of MUA on a separate drive. Then I tested the Mystique mod and a different Hulk booster with a completely vanilla Invisible Woman and vanilla Thor: boom, crash.

The game really does seem to just hate certain combinations, although I have to wonder if it has something to do with the character's assigned numbers (don't know why it would, merely speculating). But I don't have the time right now to completely reassign Mystique, especially when the payoff could be literally nothing.

Outsider, thanks for taking the time to respond. I've actually perused the thread you referenced quite a bit. I wish there was something we could do to eliminate the crashes, but so far all of my testing has only resulting in frustration. Teams of three it is. And yes, I may PM you for writing tips at some point. I've inspired and taught many students to write creatively, but I could use some inspiration as well. Look forward to reading your work-- if it's anything like your mods, I'm sure it will be extremely creative.

I don't think any of us tried changing the call numbers, but in some cases changing the order slots, the menu slots or the order you place the herostats in have worked for some people better than others.

The experiments I did and then Hobgoblin did, I think spells out the idea we are on a case by case basis. Anytime I get a team that can causes crashes it's still never been a constant. Sometimes it's more likely but at the same time I've had times they play fine. I've still yet personally to find a combination that ALWAYS crashes my game on this computer.

Like I lamented in that thread, I wish there was a firm answer we could tell people but so far we still don't have a firm pattern. Best we can say is try doing some alterations, see if it helps. If not just be more save crazy. If someone comes up with another theory, I'd sure love to test it out though.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

In your character the Winter Soldier was no animation for melee attacks, use special skills didn't make any animation, unfortunately I have corrected it.https://yadi.sk/d/rxMHfjPeqGLyP

Quote from: God of War on March 17, 2016, 06:30AM
In your character the Winter Soldier was no animation for melee attacks, use special skills didn't make any animation, unfortunately I have corrected it.https://yadi.sk/d/rxMHfjPeqGLyP

Thanks, but no need. I have heard reports of Winter Soldier not having fightstyle animations, despite that the problem never surfaced on my game. Seeing your post, I once again looked for the problem, and found out what it was. Everyone, I believe I have now fixed that problem for good. If you suffered from his not having fightstyle anims, download him again, and it should be fixed.

Quote from: Dr. Bruce Banner on March 11, 2016, 03:52AM
Great job on Mantis & the Manhunter ! Just love the moves and the sounds of Mantis , she reminds me those old school kung fu movies 

;)

That's what I was going for! Good to hear you dig it. :fro:

Quote from: Canino on March 10, 2016, 02:43PM
Awesome! No more words necessary.

Thanks for that, Canino.

Quote from: dsl on March 10, 2016, 03:04PM
Outsider thanks for bringing this Monster!!!
I know that you have no plans to create more dc characters, but since batman v superman is coming out, hopefully you enjoy and get inspired to create doomsday and aquaman :P (then would only miss darkseid e.e)
Thx alot and keep going mate :)

Good to hear you enjoy his mod. Martian Manhunter was a lot of fun to create.

Quote from: Oddark123 on March 17, 2016, 12:01AM
I don't think any of us tried changing the call numbers, but in some cases changing the order slots, the menu slots or the order you place the herostats in have worked for some people better than others.

I tried all of those ideas, and it didn't help. So far the only solution has been a team of 3 with certain mods (particularly Mystique). In this case, I enjoy certain mods too much to uninstall them, even if it makes the game unstable.

But I have no intention to continue derailing this thread. Only reason I asked here is because Outsider has so much modding expertise that I thought (hoped) he might have some new insight. Who knows, maybe someone will discover something at some point.

I might try Winter Soldier next...

Hey Outsider :)

Tried downloading Wrecker but his character's acting really weird. Default animations and no power seems to be working. Made sure that I had all files twice, but to no avail..
Any idea's?
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on March 18, 2016, 09:15AM
Hey Outsider :)

Tried downloading Wrecker but his character's acting really weird. Default animations and no power seems to be working. Made sure that I had all files twice, but to no avail..
Any idea's?

Check his stats screen, and scroll down. There should be a note that says "Enchanted Crowbar." It will tell you how to summon his crowbar, which will activate his powers. This was done because him having the crowbar all of the time conflicted with the switching boosts to the other Wrecking Crew members. I'll note this in his section.

Hi Outsider... have I got this wrong, or are you the last man standing when it comes to creating new character mods?  Going by the Character Mod Catalog, the last person other than you to create a new character did so in April of 2014. 

All the more reason to be sad when you've created your last character... and appreciative that you kept going two years longer than anyone else, I guess.

Quote from: bacchuspup on March 18, 2016, 11:39PM
Hi Outsider... have I got this wrong, or are you the last man standing when it comes to creating new character mods?  Going by the Character Mod Catalog, the last person other than you to create a new character did so in April of 2014. 

All the more reason to be sad when you've created your last character... and appreciative that you kept going two years longer than anyone else, I guess.

Thanks for the kind words. Fortunately no, I am not the last man standing. Here's as far as I know:

Julio Cabral is still active. He's currently working on new disc missions such as the Punisher one he did recently, but may go back to making mods. You'll have to ask him about that.
Maegawa is active and I believe is working on Spider-Man Noir.
Blaw jumps in from time to time. He's very busy, didn't mention any new projects, but admits he hasn't retired yet. His stuff is worth the wait.
Polygone got newfound inspiration in the game, and is trying to mount a comeback. He hinted at working on a certain DC character.
And Owl City may or may not release a movie version mod of Scarlet Witch. His mods are seldom though, as he is usually drawing various art.

I'd say the Marvel Mods forum will be just fine after I retire. I think more than anything though, we need someone who wants to create a bunch of mannequins in particular. Those are released rarely, and many mods out there can still use one.