The Outsider's Crypt (contains 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Everyone, just to inform you, my computer is experiencing problems, and the data (including my modding materials) is currently inaccessible. So naturally, I won't be able to mod anything for awhile until my computer gets fixed.

Pray for the best case scenario, and thanks for your continued support.

As someone who recently experienced computer trouble, I feel your pain.

Very sorry to hear it :( hope everything goes as well as it can for you.

Hope everything goes well & your computer issue will be fixed.

Quote from: Outsider on February 20, 2018, 05:36PM
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Everyone, just to inform you, my computer is experiencing problems, and the data (including my modding materials) is currently inaccessible. So naturally, I won't be able to mod anything for awhile until my computer gets fixed.

Outsider, I am saddened by what happened ... I also faced a severe crash in my PC. It was difficult but I was able to recover everything I had lost. I believe that with you it will be the same way. I'm available to help you if I can!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Sad to hear that, I hope you can come back soon, thanks for you latest work, :panther: Black Panther in particular!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Ouch! Good luck, buddy! Let me know if you need anything!

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Currently, my brother is attempting to fix my computer. (He's the tech guy in our family.) He believes that it's not a virus that attacked my computer (I have Norton Security installed), but that something got corrupted in my last session, and Windows can't find the problem in Startup Repair - essentially locking me out of my own damn computer. Nonetheless, he's confident he can fix it.

In the meantime, I have a question for you all: The reason I have not released my Bruce Banner mod was because the skinner named "Dr. Bruce Banner" has not provided the skins I had asked for in exchange for this mod. However, he has been inactive for nearly a year. I tried emailing him, but no answer. I don't know if maybe he lost his password, became too busy, or (God forbid) something happened to him... In any case, I'm deciding what I should do, as I don't like my work being wasted, but I also don't like releasing something when the other has not fulfilled their end of the deal. What do you all think? I'd imagine some will vote that I release the mod, but put yourself in my position - if someone owed you and did not deliver, would you still fulfill your end of the deal?

(Trade deals and collaborations are usually good. I've worked alongside good people like MelloMods, Aventureiromax, and Julio Cabral to name a few. So no, this situation didn't break my view of team-ups.)

Also, I have seen Aventureiromax's recent skins for my most recent mods. I cannot update them for reasons mentioned above, but when I can, I promise that I will no longer delete the PS2 skins that were used, as it's come to my attention that some prefer PS2 skins.

That's all I have. Hope I can come back to modding soon, but for now, stay tuned.

I'm sure everyone would love to see that mod released, myself included, but, it's ultimately up to you.

I would like to think Bruce Banner is okay with it, but, I'm not sure what kind of person he is. Maybe he'd be understanding of you wanting to release the mod after waiting for so long, maybe not. If nothing else, the fact you're being so considerate towards him is a great display of respect towards how he feels, but, I don't know what to make of it.

I'm just really glad that you not only make high quality mods, but apply that same golden standard to your ethics and empathy, especially towards fellow mod creators and anyone who enjoys your work. If you didn't have such a big heart about them, this kind of thing wouldn't even bother you.

I mean all of these as compliments of course. I'm a little bit lightheaded today from running around all day. @_@

Hmm, quite the conundrum we have here...

From my perspective, Dr. Bruce Banner had his reasons for disappearing(Didn't he state before, that he had to care for his ill mother prior to vanishing?).

So if the guy is still alive and well(or god forbid somehow lost interest in modding during that time), I'm sure he'd understand that you would be growing impatient Outsider, about holding off releasing the Bruce Banner mod for public enjoyment and letting it go to waste within the contents of your mediafire account for over a year and two months(whilst the chances of his long-awaited return and seeing his part of the deal coming to fruition, seem to diminish with each passing day).

Personally, I think you should just release it at this point(as I feel enough time has passed now since the mod's original announcement post, that it shouldn't really be an issue anymore). But of course dude, its your choice on what you plan to do with it.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on February 24, 2018, 06:41PM
Hmm, quite the conundrum we have here...

From my perspective, Dr. Bruce Banner had his reasons for disappearing(Didn't he state before, that he had to care for his ill mother prior to vanishing?).

So if the guy is still alive and well(or god forbid somehow lost interest in modding during that time), I'm sure he'd understand that you would be growing impatient Outsider, about holding off releasing the Bruce Banner mod for public enjoyment and letting it go to waste within the contents of your mediafire account for over a year and two months(whilst the chances of his long-awaited return and seeing his part of the deal coming to fruition, seem to diminish with each passing day).

Personally, I think you should just release it at this point(as I feel enough time has passed now since the mod's original announcement post, that it shouldn't really be an issue anymore). But of course dude, its your choice on what you plan to do with it.

I think it was his grandmother.

Quote from: X-Men 55 on February 24, 2018, 07:20PM
I think it was his grandmother.

Yes, it was. A long while back, he sent me a PM about the situation. I told not to worry about the skins right now, for family should always come first before anything we do here. I told him I'd say a prayer for his grandmother. He thanked me and said he would come back to the projects soon enough.

But, as we all know, life can change over time. Regardless of his reasons, it's clear that he's moved on. All of us will eventually.

Though like I said, I don't like my work to go to waste. So after doing some thinking, I've decided not to hang on to false hopes any longer. Bruce Banner has been released. He's at the link below. I hope you all find him to be worth the long wait.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8753.msg184929#msg184929