The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 07, 2019, 08:47PM #1800 Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:29PM by Outsider
So everyone, my next mod is a collaborative project between myself and the returning "renaissance man" known as BLaw (so yeah, expect some 5-star high quality work on this one). This is predominantly his project since he planned for it years ago. Any mod that is the result of two veteran modders always comes out some of Marvel Mods' best works. Want proof? MUALover + Owl City = Goblin Queen. MelloMods + Outsider = Star-Lord. Julio Cabral + Outsider = Shao Kahn and Liu Kang. This one will be just as awesome. Who am I talking about? See BLaw's workbench for details.

Quote from: TheMK on January 06, 2019, 05:33AM
Very nice!

I really liked Ghost in Ant-Man and The Wasp so this is really cool :)
Quote from: heynow90 on January 06, 2019, 05:46AM
Good job with the Ghost mod!

I recently saw the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie too :-)

Ghost deserved to have a mod separate from the Fixer. I agree that some characters do not make sense to separate them into a single mod, but there are others that do deserve it, for example, Shanna the She-Devil from Red Sonja, from my point of view it would be good to also have them separately because they have a little bit differences.

Thanks for all the mods that you have been contributing throughout so many years.
Quote from: Erik Lensherr on January 06, 2019, 02:54PM
Nice job! I think it was a good idea to separate the Ghost and the Fixer :)
Quote from: nickjustint on January 07, 2019, 12:04AM
Unexpected but awesome :D

Much appreciated. I like creating various mods for everyone to enjoy. Some people told me how they enjoy my stuff with their family, and that makes me feel damn proud. Not sure if I'll separate Shanna but I'll think about it.

As mentioned in the previous post, I am currently working on a certain character in collaboration with the returning legend, BLaw. I sent him the link to what I've done so far. The ball is in his court right now. Let's be patient, as he tends to produce some impressive high-quality works.

In the meantime, my next solo project is longtime :spiderman: Spider-Man villain, the Vulture. UltraMegaMagnus has been converting his models from Future Fight, and adjusting them due to their difficulties. Dude is quite skilled. I have ideas for his moveset -- he probably won't have a large set, but I'll try to make him a fun mod no less.

FYI: As of this writing, I have done 176 mods for MUA (including the secret ones). I know... I can't believe it, either. I'm not sure how many more I'll create, but I know for certain I won't go over 200, as that would be overkill. At that point, I'll take an extended break, and then may work more on enhancing the game itself. Anyway, stay tuned.

Vulture would be a really cool mod! I thought Michael Keaton was great as him in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

I'm excited for your collab with BLaw as well :)

Vulture!!! Sinister six are closer to be complete!! It´s great to read this news!!

Can I ask you a question? Have you definitely abandon  Kamala Khan project or there´s a chance we can play with her in the future?

Quote from: Rodrigo79 on January 15, 2019, 04:58PM
Can I ask you a question? Have you definitely abandon  Kamala Khan project or there´s a chance we can play with her in the future?

No, I've given up on Kamala Khan. Just like Mr. Fantastic, she requires special arm skins that can stretch -- something that is beyond my capabilities, as I cannot create those. Not many can, which is probably why she wasn't attempted for many years.

Quote from: Outsider on January 15, 2019, 06:56PM
No, I've given up on Kamala Khan. Just like Mr. Fantastic, she requires special arm skins that can stretch -- something that is beyond my capabilities, as I cannot create those. Not many can, which is probably why she wasn't attempted for many years.

Well, it´s a shame... anyway it´s great to read that new characters are coming!!

Hello, I have a problem with Dark Phoenix booster... I tried to install it but I couldn't use it. First, I installed "Dark Phoenix (MUA v2)" but when I installed the booster and started a new game there was a problem because the mannequin didn't appear and the game didn't work. My question is: "Do I need to install some mod previously? What mod should I install?"

Quote from: neutralen on January 18, 2019, 09:33PM
Hello, I have a problem with Dark Phoenix booster... I tried to install it but I couldn't use it. First, I installed "Dark Phoenix (MUA v2)" but when I installed the booster and started a new game there was a problem because the mannequin didn't appear and the game didn't work. My question is: "Do I need to install some mod previously? What mod should I install?"

My Dark Phoenix booster only adds effects, sounds, and a loading screen, so whatever happened with her mannequin had nothing to do with the booster. You only need to have the mod of Dark Phoenix, nothing else. Are you using the OCP (Official Characters Pack), 33R (33 Roster Hack) or GEC (Gold Edition Content) system? If it's one of the latter two, follow the instructions so that you have all 33 characters there without a problem. Plus, you say the mannequin didn't appear - confirm that she is on your herostat first. Then (even if her mannequin isn't there) scroll through your character roster and see if her name pops up and you can pick her.

You were right! But I found a solution. The original mod's herostat file had this:

stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = support ;
   body = 6 ;
   canseestealthed = true ;
   characteranims = 96_darkphoenix ;
   charactername = Dark Phoenix ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = xxxx ;
   mind = 12 ;
   moveset1 = moveset_flying ;
   name = darkphoenix ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_darkphoenix ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 9602 ;

However, your booster had two small differences:

characteranims = 99_darkphoenix ;   ---> when I tried to play with Dark Phoenix, She couldn't move like it    usually does
  skin = 9902 ;   ---> that's why there wasn't a mannequin.

I was looking for the reason why it did not work and it was that this information didn't fit with the mod. When I changed them and played again, it was then that it worked.

Ah, I see what happened now... you weren't aware of the Outsider's Fix system. That's my fault -- I should have mentioned it in that post, but that was years ago.

See, there is a reason why my booster of Dark Phoenix was listed at #99 and not #96. That's not a mistake. Years ago, many mods were released that clashed with other mods, causing skins and mannequins to get overwritten. The original mod of Dark Phoenix was one of them, as she was incorrectly released at #96, thus clashing with the mod of Medusa who also used #96. The Outsider's Fix system, which you can find here (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg166312.html#msg166312) helps you to change the numbers of mods who clash with others. The changes are considered official, solving many problems back then.

Right now, your Dark Phoenix is at #96, which means that you can't have Medusa on your roster. With the Outsider's Fix system, you can have both if you wanted to. Take a look at it at the link -- it's easier than it may look, and it comes with extra stuff.

Ok, I got it. Thank you so much! I'll follow your advice.

VULTURE

One of the Sinister Six has finally made it to MUA. Introducing my mod of Adrian Toombs, the high-flying menace known as the Vulture. Heavily inspired by his appearance in "Spider-Man: Homecoming," this mod has more skills than his classic version would make one believe. See for yourself, as Spider-Man's rogues gallery continues to grow.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of flight and might (movie version only).
-2 hex-edited skins, 2 HUDs, loading screen, icons, 2 mannequins, and sound files voiced by Michael Keaton.
-Uses assigned number #189 (Shares with Quicksilver. Skins won't clash, but mannequin will.)

MOVESET:
1. Sharp Feather: Uppercuts an enemy with his wings. Also improves grab smash.
2. Winged Whirlwind: Spins as his wings are expanded to hit nearby enemies.
3. Tech Gun: Shoots from a firearm of his own design. 50% chance of critical damage on stunned enemy.
4. Air Bombs: Throws a few tech bombs that will explode on numerous targets.
5. (Boost) Protective Harness: Creates a resistance field from his harness to temporarily increase defense.
6. (Boost) Life Drain: Drains vitality from an enemy to maintain his youth, gaining attack strength, speed, and max health for a time.
7. (Xtreme) Chitauri Gun: Fires from his space age weapon, causing explosive damage to all nearby enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - Skins, mannequins

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?r6lb5dvp66mpjuu

Very cool!

I thought Michael Keaton was great in Homecoming :)

I have a question. Is there a super villain in the secret mods? Because if I am going to look for the password then I don't want to be disappointed.