The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everyone, the poll has concluded. After over 50 of you have voted, here are the results from both the main forum and the Discord channel (Main forum votes + Discord votes):

A very powerful black hero: 17 + 6 = 23
A forgotten heroine of darkness: 14 + 1 = 15
A relatively unknown songstress: 6 + 1 = 7
A sexy creature from the 60's: 5 + 3 = 8
A replica of a psychic kunoichi: 4 + 5 = 9

So, the winner is... the very powerful black hero! This character will now be my next project. So, who was I referring to? Click the question mark below.

Marvelous simply marvelous, I can't wait !!!  Thanks to everybody who voted and thanks to outsider for even considering this. What a great gift.  Best Black history month ever !!! 

I don't think I'm familiar with the character but I'm sure he'll be really awesome :)

I've read up on this character and I have to say that he's fascinating! I don't know how I've never heard of him

Great Character!!! I enjoy a lot his Ultimates (With Cap. Marvel, America Chavez, Black Panther, etc.)

Apparently this is Blue Marvel? Not sure how I never heard of him before. He sounds really cool! Excited for his mod.

Quote from: jampak on February 26, 2019, 11:45PM
Marvelous simply marvelous, I can't wait !!!  Thanks to everybody who voted and thanks to outsider for even considering this. What a great gift.  Best Black history month ever !!!

Being black myself, I absolutely love Black History. My favorite idol was always the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his philosophies. As a people, our intelligence and creativity are often seriously underrated.

Quote from: TheMK on February 27, 2019, 02:17PM
I don't think I'm familiar with the character but I'm sure he'll be really awesome :)
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 27, 2019, 03:49PM
I've read up on this character and I have to say that he's fascinating! I don't know how I've never heard of him
Quote from: Rodrigo79 on February 27, 2019, 04:33PM
Great Character!!! I enjoy a lot his Ultimates (With Cap. Marvel, America Chavez, Black Panther, etc.)
Quote from: TheMK on February 27, 2019, 06:58PM
Apparently this is Blue Marvel? Not sure how I never heard of him before. He sounds really cool! Excited for his mod.

Yes, the very powerful black hero is the Blue Marvel. He's highly intelligent, amazingly powerful, and looks to be physically stronger than the Hulk and Sentry -- yet for some reason he is little-known. I considered him mainly because I had released Miss America a while back and creating Blue Marvel would complete The Ultimates team of five. I am a fan of the Ultimates. To Hobgoblin's point, it is a shame that many all figured it was him because there are not that many very powerful black heroes. Heck, you can probably count them on one hand.

That is one reason why I wrote about the Phantom Four, bringing black heroes who are extremely powerful but will soon realize that power is not as important as the warriors who wield it. BTW, still thinking about whether to mod the "sons of darkness" or not.

Anyway, not sure when exactly I'll begin on Blue Marvel yet, but he is next. As of this writing, I have done 180 mods (whew! that's a lot!) so I have to choose my final 20 carefully. Because once I hit the 200 milestone, that'll likely be it for me.

180 is absolutely incredible! What a milestone. You've done a lot for this community, so thank you for that. (As a side note, 250 is a much nicer number than 200 in my opinion ;) )

Can't wait to see Blue Marvel! He sounds like a really fascinating character, who has more to him beyond being another Superman-styled character in the Marvel Universe :D

Outsider, I try to never be one to make requests, but do you think you'd consider Black Lightning among your remaining mods to be completed? I'd really love to play as him and I think you'd do him justice if you were interested in modding him :)

Also for what it's worth I'd love seeing the Phantom Four in here as well.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 27, 2019, 10:29PM
180 is absolutely incredible! What a milestone. You’ve done a lot for this community, so thank you for that. (As a side note, 250 is a much nicer number than 200 in my opinion ;) )

I appreciate that, Bacon. As for 250, nah, then other modders would say "Outsider took over the whole CCC! There are no spots left! Damn you!" LOL

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on February 28, 2019, 01:37AM
Can't wait to see Blue Marvel! He sounds like a really fascinating character, who has more to him beyond being another Superman-styled character in the Marvel Universe :D

He does appear to be highly anticipated by the community, so I have to go all out on this one. Also, I realize that it was the Ultimate Hulk he took out with one punch, but he probably could go head-to-head with the 616 Hulk.

Quote from: TheMK on February 28, 2019, 07:46AM
Outsider, I try to never be one to make requests, but do you think you’d consider Black Lightning among your remaining mods to be completed? I’d really love to play as him and I think you’d do him justice if you were interested in modding him :)

Also for what it’s worth I’d love seeing the Phantom Four in here as well.

While the Phantom Four are very much a possibility, I'm afraid I don't have any DC characters within the 20. In fact, I'm currently having some trouble eliminating some projects, as I can only have 20. I haven't been watching that Black Lightning TV show, but I've heard good things. If all he has are electrical powers, maybe you can take a skin of him and place it on :electro: Electro? If I recall, Aventureiromax made a skin of him a while back.

Ah cool! I think I missed this skin. I'll have to look for it.

And I'm sorry I forgot to say before, but I concur with the others :) your contributions to this forum and this game and it's mods are invaluable. While it's always sad whenever something good comes to an end, 200 mods is amazing, and far more than anyone could reasonably ask for.

If you do decide to make the Phantom Four I'm positive I'd really enjoy playing as them! In either case I am excited for Blue Marvel and the rest of your remaining mods :)

As a final note, I highly recommend the Black Lightning show, it reminds me a lot of the Netflix show Luke Cage got, and it stands out far and above the other DC CW shows. In fact I think Black Lightning is on Netflix as well, or at least the first season is.

Oh, did you ever get to see Spider-Verse?

i concur even though i just got here but you guys have made this game so dope thank you. i already have 4 versions of this game on my arcade cabinet with over 300 games and i havent touched anything but this in a month or so. also i agree black lightning and his girls would be a dope add. bl already has a nice skin and im sure there some models that could slightly be changed for his daughters. anyway thanks to you and all of the other modders. sidebar just throwing this out there but another game that would be dope modded and really only needs up to date models and sounds is xmen dimensions for the ps2 that was a very underrated game. well any way just wanted to  say thanks for sharing your talent.