X-Mods: Multiple Man (now with sound!)

Started by boreman, August 02, 2007, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Cannonball doesn't really do the "hover" flight though...right?  Not like most flying characters.  In that case the Iceman-style method may be most accurate--same animation, but he'd be unable to "hover".

However, I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable on Cannonball, so he may be skilled enough to reguarly fly now instead of just blasting off.

I think, since he can control the intensity and direction of his blast field, it wouldn't be a problem for him to hover. I prefer a more controllable flight, and we already have two blast-charge attacks.

he can hover, he obviously has control over his power, like boreman said if he can control his blast field to push outward, he probably figured out how to just stay still for a while.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Hey Boreman, what model did you use for X-Factor Havok?

Classic Blade, the one that appeared in Spider-Man TAS, I tihnk it is 0103.

Are there any sounds for Havok?  I copied the mod contents over a couple of times, but still no luck.

Thanks for the mod's.

No, there aren't yet. I don't know if there ever were sounds in XML1/2. You can assign him other char's voices from their respective herostats meanwhile. Other than that, I'm too busy to tweak on mods right now, and mostly on fixing powersets. Sound files are still out of my area of work.

Now that you mention it, I don't think there were any sounds for him on XML1/2.  Guess I should do some digging in the Knowledge base!

I'm enjoying these mod's regardless.  Thanks again for your work.

Boreman I just tried your Havok.He rocks! Great job! Oh and he does have some sounds... ( " I dont have enough energy" his line when you select him)

I saw that he doesnt have a mannequin.Is it hard to make a mannequin?I would like to try and make one...(though I dont know anything about modding :P )

Mannequin files are skin files stored in the ui\models\mannequin folder. Those are so far the only ones that work, check the Knowledge Base to find out why, I forgot. The thing is you'll have to re-skin one of those mannequins to get your custom ones, and that's the hardest part: you have a very limited base skins amount and will most probably end with repeated poses, so it's pretty tricky to balance things out, but not impossible.

You'll have to learn to re-skin, using TextureFinder and MUA Skinner. For Havok, you can take parts of his skins and align them properly with the mannequin skin when possible, that way you'll get pretty close looks. You are welcome to try and tell us if you get something good.

Here is the Polaris WIP, since I don't know when will I have the time to finish it. Needs icons, one HUD, and mannequin. Probably the talents file needs some tweaking, we'll see.

Polaris Beta Mod: http://www.box.net/shared/i116tlou1h

Here is what I noticed : Well the hud head you mentioned.Icons for the powers as well a 2-3 for the costume traits.The modern outfit has only 2 powers where as the Ultimate has 4 ( 2 Magnetic Mastery). The magnetic mastery has a negative icon : it says -100% elemental/magnetic power.And the Combo Xp bonus for the modern costume no matter how much you raise it it says +0%. Also she doesnt fly.
Now some problems with the powers : The name of the x-treme doesnt appear when using it, and the animation last for a long period, making her unable to move even though the damage was dealt and everyone else is moving normally.You have two animations in the Polarity Pull power.(the damage is dealt in the first one, BUT there are no effects in the first animation, only in the second one)In the polarity blast power, she shoots the beam before she moves her hands.Finally Magno gravitation beam didnt seem to work...The animation was perfect but there was no effect on enemies...maybe I was doing something wrong on this one.

Quote from: Philip on August 31, 2007, 07:11AM
Here is what I noticed : Well the hud head you mentioned.Icons for the powers as well a 2-3 for the costume traits.The modern outfit has only 2 powers where as the Ultimate has 4 ( 2 Magnetic Mastery). The magnetic mastery has a negative icon : it says -100% elemental/magnetic power.And the Combo Xp bonus for the modern costume no matter how much you raise it it says +0%. Also she doesnt fly.

Are you applying the mod to a previously saved game or a fresh one? It causes the non-flying problems and perhaps some of the quoted one. If not, I packed the wrong files in the hurry.

I started an already saved game.I can start a new one to see if it has the same problems, and let you know.

I tried an new game as well and I am still having the problems...I use the heroselect program to choose characters and every time I add her to the roster she messes up the whole roster!