Cabral's mods (M: The Sentry/ Void, Loki, Odin, Thor, Sif. NM: MK, SW, ANIME).

Started by Julio Cabral, September 24, 2013, 06:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Julio Cabral on December 31, 2017, 09:36AM
Hello. Thanks for the feedback. I think you might be the first one asking lol.
I'm going to need information about all the steps you take before try the mod. Advanced lighting is not an issue for the maps, so that can't be the problem, unless you're playing with the Remastered MUA from 2016. Normally the simulator crash when there's something missing.
Questions: -Did you start a new game before try it?
-Is the Hand Ninja installed in your npcstat file?

It's a cool mission, nice change of pace.  I especially like throwing cars at bad guys.  Also, I can go backward at the beginning of the map and then fly high above the city...  I assume that's a bug too, but it's one I have no intention of fixing =D

My MUA is the OG, circa 2006 if I recall correctly.

I copied the all the files over,  I added the hand ninja to the npcstat and recompiled.  I updated the "zoneinfo" and "simulator" files per your instructions in the download.  If I hadn't done those things, or if anything else was missing, I'd expect the mission to have the same problems regardless of the lighting/shadow settings.  The map looks right and the ninjas are all there, like in your video.

When I first encountered the problem, it was on a saved game, but then I did try a new game and got the same results.

Quote from: scottsum on December 31, 2017, 11:49AM
When I first encountered the problem, it was on a saved game, but then I did try a new game and got the same results.
I see. I'll take a look at the uploaded files and see if there's something missing.
I fear it may be an incompatibility with your video driver since you can see in my screen capture, my game didn't crash having the same settigns.

OK, thanks.  I suppose a driver issue is always a possibility, lots of variables there.  In case it's helpful to know, my video card is a Radeon HD4850, running the latest driver they released for this card before they discontinued updates for it.

This bug is very minor anyway, I can just turn off/turn down the shadows for it and turn back on when done.  If anyone else has this issue, they can try the same workaround.

FYI, I just swapped the older ATI video card for an NVidia GeForce GTX 1050.  I got the same results, so it's not a driver issue.

Quote from: scottsum on January 01, 2018, 11:07PM
FYI, I just swapped the older ATI video card for an NVidia GeForce GTX 1050.  I got the same results, so it's not a driver issue.
I see. Is a bug I can't explain for now.
Tell me, did you try any of the other simulators mod I made?.

I was looking at your custom simulator missions and on several you have a problem with RGB-BGR switch. You can use PS2 map igb files to fix that problem.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 03, 2018, 09:18AM
I was looking at your custom simulator missions and on several you have a problem with RGB-BGR switch. You can use PS2 map igb files to fix that problem.
Yes. Actually I asked a lot for help with getting those PS2 maps before the release.
Since The Lizard mission is in the sewers and  with The Hand Ninjas the dark tone actually work; I didn't bothered with fixing that. Those are XML II maps.
The XML 1 maps don't have that problem, thanks to Teancum for that.

Quote from: Julio Cabral on January 02, 2018, 12:06PM
I see. Is a bug I can't explain for now.
Tell me, did you try any of the other simulators mod I made?.
No, this was the one that caught my interest.  Having Superman and Supergirl flying over the city streets seemed like fun.

^Hmm, seems the pic which serves as a link to the mods proper has disappeared. Thankfully, I saved the link on an archived document of mine for easy download reference & it still works.

Here ya go :) http://www.mediafire.com/file/1anpzgumhvstr38/SWmodsV1.7z

Quote from: Chimichangas on April 27, 2018, 12:07AM
Hey, where's the link for the star wars mods?
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on April 27, 2018, 12:11AM
^Hmm, seems the pic which serves as a link to the mods proper has disappeared. Thankfully, I saved the link on an archived document of mine for easy download reference & it still works.

Here ya go :) http://www.mediafire.com/file/1anpzgumhvstr38/SWmodsV1.7z
I have fixed it. Just click on the gif.

Quote from: RyuzakiPWN on April 27, 2018, 09:19AM
Did you see the movie yet??
Not yet. If I don't see it today I'll go tomorrow for sure. I can't dodge spoilers anymore lol.

RIGHT! I saw it yesterday and so many people are spoiling the heck out of the movie today haha.