Maegawa's Stuff

Started by Maegawa, February 02, 2014, 07:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Awesome man! No offense to the original modders, but the xml2 conversations had many problems.

Quote from: edward on June 30, 2016, 07:11PM
Awesome man! No offense to the original modders, but the xml2 conversations had many problems.

Thanks, edward!

I agree, that's the reason behind these boosters, and speaking of them... Bishop's coming out pretty well, will start working on Toad, as he's been requested, right after I'm done with Lucas.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

I'm so excited though I'm shocked no one has done this before, I'm gonna be checking every hour lol.

July 02, 2016, 10:42PM #198 Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:11AM by Maegawa
Version 1.1

Description:
Ever since I first installed Bishop's mod, I've always complained about how it differed from his XML2 counterpart; his basic attacks used Nick Fury's effects, some of his skills were different from the ones present in XML2, among other things. I searched for a booster that added those missing skills, but didn't find any. Back then, my modding skills were rather limited, so there was nothing I could do about it. Recently, while playing XML2, I remembered about my issue with Bishop, and decided to make this booster. It gives him 2 skills from XML2, 1 extra skin, adds a new costume passive system that you may have seen in my other XML2 characters' boosters, along with other features that may or may not be listed...

Changes in v1.1:
1. Minor tweaks to the herostat, powerstyle and talent files.
-> There were some skills that built up the momentum bar and didn't make combos, that's because I had forgotten to add the is_power = true line to each entry, fixed now.

Notes for v1.0:
1. The passives are only manageable through the 1st skin slot, but they affect every skin. The 1st passive is unlocked from the start (just like the 1st skill).

2. This mod replaces files and requires you to edit one or more files, remember to backup any file you are replacing/editing, as I am NOT responsible for the loss of any file.

3. This mod requires the original Bishop mod to be installed first.

Features:
- 1 extra skin (with a matching hud).
- All of Bishop's skills from XML2. (with the exception of his 2nd Xtreme, 10 powers in total)
- New effect for popup attack.
- Minor changes to a few effects/powers.
- New grab smash.
- New herostat.
- No more hidden 10% energy resistance, now it is an ability that makes Bishop 100% immune to $DMG_ENERGY. (he had the hidden 10% energy resistance in XML2, but it wasn't included in his MUA conversion)
- Skin-segments instead of boltons for the gun moves. (looks more natural this way)
- Unique effects for knockback and jump smash attacks. (just like Dr. Doom's, but colored pink)
- XML2 style passives. (see note #1 for info)

Skills:
1. Bio Beam: Channels energy through his hands to blast foes with a beam of focused power.
-> Now pierces through multiple enemies.

2. Plasma Blaster: Uses guns to fire projectiles that stun enemies.
-> Added gun shot effect. (just like in XML2)
-> Changed the coding so it is a projectile rather than a beam. (in XML2 it works that way; I basically used the same coding)
-> Drawing the gun used to consume energy, no more!
-> Following the logic that Bishop powers his guns (for energy shots, at least), I recolored the effects from blue to pink, which is the color of his energy.

3. Sapping Strike: Melee attack that reduces damage victims do by 50% for a time.

4. Full Auto: Fires both guns in a spray of bullets causing $DMG_RADIATION, occasionally knocking victims down.
-> New skill.
-> Drawing the guns used to consume energy, no more!
-> Now it is a rapid tap power.
-> There was a hidden 10% knockdown chance (similar to the one from Deadpool's Double Barrage), but it had problems because it used the "type = ce_atk_self" code, which meant, quoting Trini_Bwoi:
Quote from: Trini_Bwoi on July 09, 2010, 01:05PM
The knockdown wouldn't activate unless the enemy was attacking you. So, if you actually got the small chance for it, but the target was just standing there or walking, he wouldn't have been knocked down.
Hopefully, I was able to fix it, and now each shot has 10% knockdown chance regardless of whether the victim is attacking you or not.
-> Used to cause 1 damage on impact, now causes what is said in the talent.

5. Rapid Fire: Fires both guns in broad sweeps with explosive rounds, doing massive $KB to enemies caught in the blast.
-> New skill.
-> Since Bishop already has a radioactive skill, I removed the radiation part of this one. Because of that, I also changed the effects.
-> This skill's coding pointed that each shot exploded on contact, so I gave each shot's explosion massive $KB.

6. Bombardment: Fires several incendiary rounds into the air. They then crash down, smashing into enemies and surrounding objects.
-> Instead of high-powered rounds, Bishop now fires incendiary rounds, causing $DMG_FIRE on impact and additional harming $DMG_FIRE for a time.

7. Bio Blast: Radial energy attack that damages enemies and has a chance of doing a Deadly Strike (33% instant $HP loss).
-> Added knockback.
-> For some reason, the Deadly Strike part was removed in the MUA conversion, so I added it back.

8. Absorption: Absorbs a percentage of $DMG_ENERGY as $HP gain and boosts Physical Resistance.
-> In XML2, it increases the DEF trait based on a percentage of the hero's current DEF. However, in MUA, it works different, as the hero's DEF trait is always 0, with the only way of increasing it being throught the costume passives. So instead of increasing a percentage of the trait, I made it add points to it.

9. Energy Fury: Gives bonus $DMG_ENERGY to melee attacks for self and allies for a time.

10.Superconductor: Sucks in surrounding energy releasing it in a violent explosion of power, nullifying enemy powers. A percentage of damage inflicted will come back as $EP for active party members.
-> Added knockback.
-> Gave it the health steal part from Ghost Rider's Xtreme and switched it to energy steal. (if you look closely during Bishop's Xtreme, you can see enemies' energy going to him)

Passives:
1. Energy Combat: Adds $DMG_ENERGY to melee attacks.

2. Gun Mastery: Adds to gun damage and increases chance for criticals with gun attacks.

3. Power Trip: Adds to $DR and speed.

4. Mutant Master: Increases $EP regeneration.

Preview:

Extra skin and hud:

New stuff:

Credits:
- B.L.A.W: Ultimate skin.
- BliZZ: original Bishop mod.
- Maegawa: effects, new grab smash, extra hud, XML2 stuff conversion/adaptation.
- Anyone else I forgot to credit.

Nice booster,do you plan make Cyclops or Wolverine booster?
My releases: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9772.0.html

UPD since 30.11.2021
I'm ok and will be back to modding as soon as i can
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.
Right now i'm not mod and only posting posts thank you if you readed this!

Quote from: Dorpond on July 02, 2016, 11:24PM
Nice booster,do you plan make Cyclops or Wolverine booster?

Next on my list is Toad, after him will be Cyclops;
- For Wolverine, I will update his Rageless booster, maybe after I'm done with Cyclops.

Bishop is one of my favorite x-men. New effects look super cool. New grab mash is perfect, fits Bishop very well. I'll have fun time playing with him. Thanks for the booster!

Wow awesome you fix all the problems. Thanks a lot he is useful now.

Agora sim, Maegawa! Esse novo Bishop faz justiça para os x-men. O mod original deixava ele pouco combativo. Esse novo dá gosto pra espancar os adversários.Valeu!

July 06, 2016, 04:03AM #204 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:07AM by LarsAlexandersson
I felt that the rest of MUA series characters might get a similar treatments after XML series characters.

Sometimes I wish Gambit's MUA2 card shot tapping was included, but still, pretty great on melee & special throw
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

ATTENTION: Bishop, Gambit and Sunfire boosters have been updated, I highly recommend using the new versions, as they include some minor but crucial changes.

Meanwhile, Toad is on the way...

Version 1.0

Description:
Well, there is no special description for this one, as this booster was requested; initially, I thought Toad was a pretty crappy character, but while working on this booster, I noticed how cool it can be to play as him. To sum up, it gives him new basic attacks (a mix between Black Panther's and Spider-Man's) and makes his skills closer to how they were in XML2 (also adds one extra skill), and, of course, adds a new costume passive system that you may have seen in my other XML2 characters' boosters. Sure, there are some other features that may or may not be listed...

Notes for v1.0:
1. The passives are only manageable through the 1st skin slot, but they affect every skin. The 3rd passive is unlocked from the start (just like the 1st skill).

2. This mod replaces files and requires you to edit one or more files, remember to backup any file you are replacing/editing, as I am NOT responsible for the loss of any file.

3. This mod requires the original Toad mod to be installed first.

Features:
- All of Toad's skills from XML2. (with the exception of his 2nd Xtreme, 9 powers in total)
- Complete _v sound file. (his old one lacked some sounds)
- Minor changes to a few effects/powers.
- New basic attacks.
- New grab smash.
- New herostat. (his previous one referenced him as Toad_Hero, which made him not be announced when selected; I changed it to Toad and now he's announced)
- Updated boltonactoranims.xmlb file. (now Toad's tongue shows up during his menu action)
- XML2 style passives. (see note #1 for info)

Skills:
1. Hammer Kick: A quick kick. Lowers enemy's defenses.
-> Added popup.
-> Now lowers the enemy's defenses, just like in XML2.

2. Tongue Strike: A quick tongue stab. Stuns victims.
-> Changed the $DMG_RADIATION to $DMG_PHYSICAL.
-> Fixed the slobber effect that was out of place.
-> Now pierces through multiple enemies.

3. Mucous Spit: An explosive bile projectile, leaving a sticky substance on the ground.
-> Now traps enemies for a time, just like Spider-Woman's Ensnare.

4. Tongue Lash: Wider tongue attack. Strikes several enemies and causes trip.
-> Replaced the popup with trip.

5. Noxious Spew: A poisonous bile projectile doing $DMG_RADIATION on impact, and splitting off to hit more than one enemy.
-> New skill.
-> The radiated projectile used to cause 1 damage on impact, now causes what is said in the talent.

6. Leap Attack: Leaps at targets, doing radial damage on impact.
-> Fixed the dust effect that kept going after the power was over.
-> I wasn't able to make it work like in XML2 (MUA lacks the handler required for it), but what I could do is make him leap farther.

7. Secretion: Secretes pheromones that enhance party speed and increase Melee $DMG.
-> For some reason, the melee damage increase was changed to striking increase in the MUA conversion, so I switched it back.

8. Taunt: Insults enemies, causing them to attack and reducing their stats.
-> Now decreases both the enemy's defenses and the damage they inflict.
-> The laugh sounds were missing from Toad's _v sound file, so I redid it, adding all of his XML2 _v sound file's sounds to it. As a result, the laugh sounds now play.

9. Tongue Whip: 360 degree tongue strike. Increases Shield Credit dropped from enemies defeated during attack sequence.
-> Added knockback.
-> Now increases money dropped from enemies during the attack, just like Luke Cage's Sweet Christmas.

Passives:
1. Spit Mastery: Increases damage and chance of criticals when using spit attacks.

2. Tongue Mastery: Increases damage and chance of criticals when using tongue attacks.

3. Critical Strike: Increases chance of criticals for melee attacks.

4. Mutant Master: Increases $EP regeneration.

Preview:

New stuff:

Credits:
- BliZZ: original Toad mod.
- Maegawa: effects, new grab smash, XML2 stuff conversion/adaptation.
- Anyone else I forgot to credit.

:bowdown: Thank you so much for doing this!

Amazing job with your boosters! It's very useful :)

Thanks guys :)

Cyclops is coming out pretty well... who do you think should be next?