Maegawa's Stuff

Started by Maegawa, February 02, 2014, 07:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

May 07, 2018, 12:10PM #376 Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:34PM by Maegawa
Version 1.0

A long time ago, back in the SNES era of gaming, there was this awesome Marvel game called War Of The Gems (boy how I spent a lot of time playing it via emulators...). Based on the Infinity War comic story arc, the heroes battle their way to the Mad Titan himself, Thanos! During their journey, players have to face numerous "Evil" versions of classic Marvel heroes, such as Daredevil, Hawkeye, Vision, etc, which are the game's version of Magus' doppelgangers. One in particular always caught my attention, which is Evil Wolverine, a pink-skinned, green-costumed, red-eyed, and of course, evil version of our beloved Wolverine!
Back to MUA, I was also bugged by the fact that we got dark versions of :capamer:, :spidergirl:, :thor:, but no Dark :wolverine:. Even though this mod isn't a Dark Wolverine, it is still a dark clone of Wolverine, so beware!

NOTES:
1. Installation instructions are included in the README.txt file.

2. I intentionally made him smaller than other characters, that's to represent Wolverine's short stature from the comics; if you want, add the scale_factor code from Evil Wolverine's npcstat to Wolverine's herostat to make him comic accurate as well...

3. If you want to switch Evil Wolverine's default PC skin for the PS2 skin, rename 0305.igb to 0305_PC.igb, and 0305_PS2.igb to 0305.igb; all this in the "actors" folder.

4. It is recommended to have the Official Characters mod installed before any other mod.

5. This mod replaces files and requires you to edit one or more files, remember to backup any file you are replacing/editing, as I am NOT responsible for the loss of any file.

6. The simulator mission already starts unlocked.

FEATURES:
- 1 new NPC: Evil Wolverine.
- 1 new Simulator map: Castle Doom.
- 1 hex-edited hud.
- 2 hex-edited skins. (PC and PS2 flavors; default is PC)
- 4 powers.
- Soundtrack from the Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems SNES game!
- Unique effects.
- Unique sounds.

BUGS:
1. The soundtrack only plays during the intro dialogue and sometimes randomly after the game is paused.

PREVIEW:
Hud:

In-game screenshots:

CREDITS:
- Capcom: Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems SNES game, which is where Evil Wolverine comes from.
- Maegawa: coding, hud, skins.
- TomatoisJP: original Classic Wolverine skin used as base.
- XML2 developers: Wolverine animations, coding and sounds.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Holy snart, What's next? Evil Iron Man w/ the army of Evil Hawkeye?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on May 07, 2018, 05:31PM
Neat! Could you make a video of it?
I'm afraid not at the moment, I'm like very busy with college (I posted the mod like in a rush lol), but I'll see what I can do once I'm available.

Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on May 07, 2018, 05:48PM
Holy snart, What's next? Evil Iron Man w/ the army of Evil Hawkeye?
Evil Iron Man? Nah, I'm pretty satisfied with the Doom Iron Man dummies the game already has...
Now an Evil Hawkeye army? That sounds like a good idea...

I finally have the chance to play with your Vision mod. So awesome!! Thank you very much!.

May 18, 2018, 05:57PM #381 Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:53PM by Teancum
Quote from: Maegawa on March 07, 2018, 08:15AM
Yup. The reason they were cut out is because the MUA developers showcased them both on the PlayStation 2, which made the folks at Nintendo not very happy...
WRONG.

Sorry to get snippy, but everyone assumes that's because the footage shows PS2 buttons. But that footage was from a developer's demo reel and could have just been something they put together on hardware they had handy. Just because it was PS2 in his demo reel does NOT prove that PS2 images were shown to Nintendo. Besides, you can bet that no publisher is gonna get bent out of shape over something so small.

May 19, 2018, 05:10AM #382 Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 12:16PM by Outsider
Quote from: Maegawa on May 07, 2018, 12:10PM
Version 1.0

(EDITED -- No need to quote the entire post)

Excellent mod, thank you.

Um, so I installed this while the mission intro has evil Wolverine's hud and dialogue and the correct map shows up, but the only npc to fight is Dr. Doom (has his name on the red bar at the top of the screen, has his skin, and has his powers). I've triple checked and I've followed the directions but it's still like this. I also have the 33 roster mod installed. Since that affects the simulator missions in some way, maybe they're incompatible. I don't know except that this doesn't seem to work for me.

July 05, 2018, 10:57PM #384 Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:01PM by Maegawa
Hey everyone!

I've made a massive update to my skins; every skin released before Winter Elektra has been remade and most of them now feature versions on the PC models as well (some even feature DLC models from the 2016 Steam MUA Re-Release)! Also, every skin's README.txt file now contains instructions on how to install them!

Visit the updated Skins Section now to check the updates!

I have a lot of new skins waiting to be released, so stay tuned!

The updated skin section looks awesome! Also helped me find some skins of yours that I've never seen before and just downloaded.

Can't wait for the future skins, too!!

Just like the skins section, the huds & icons section has now been updated as well, with each pack having installation instructions inside the README.txt file.

You'll notice some huds can no longer be found, I intend to release them in different packs in the future...

NEW HUD PACK!
:stirthepot: MUA Hud Fix :stirthepot:

There are quite a few huds from the original unmodded MUA that didn't exactly match the character's outfit, I was able to track 20. This hud pack contains the proper huds for them; below I go into detail on each hud's fix:

- Blade: His Daywalker hud had him with hair instead of bald.
- Captain America: His Ultimate hud had the wings from his Classic skin.
- Daredevil: His Classic and Marvel Knights huds had his eyes white, and his Original and Armored huds had light red eyes. I made all of them red.
- Deadpool: Only his Classic hud featured his back swords, and he didn't have a proper Ultimate hud (instead he had an Age Of Apocalypse hud assigned to it). The Ultimate hud is a work of Rasdel, which I added because it was no longer available at his post.
- Elektra: Her Ultimate hud had her wearing a cap whilst in her skin she didn't, there were 2 versions of her Assassin hud, and there was no hud for her Stealth skin. I moved her incorrect Stealth hud to her Assassin skin, and made Ultimate and Stealth versions of it to replace the incorrect huds.
- Jean Grey: Her hud had her wearing her Ultimate outfit while in-game she wears her Dark Phoenix outfit.
- Luke Cage: His Modern hud was the same as his New Avengers hud. This was caused also by a problem with his 4th skin's packages, those which the Official Characters mod fixes.
- Moon Knight: His Ultimate and Khonshu huds had an alpha-channel that removed the metal background & glow. The Official Characters mod also fixes this issue.
- Mr. Fantastic: His Classic hud was the same as his New Marvel hud.
- Scorpion: His Ultra hud had him wearing his Classic costume.
- Shocker: His unused Ultra skin didn't have a hud.
- Thing: His Modern and Ultimate huds were switched, and neither his Classic nor Ultimate huds featured his bodysuit.
- Thor: His Asgardian Armor hud had him wearing his Battle Armor, which is a different armor from the one used in the Lord Of Asgard comics (his MUA Asgardian Armor skin). BaconWizard17 made a skin based on Thor's Battle Armor.

You can find it under the huds & icons section.

Thanks for the updated Hud but... will there be a Version 2 soon? Labcoat is currently missing. His outfit seems not his Ultimate inside the coat
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html