XML2 Carnage MUA Conversion (NEED HELP!!!)

Started by Maegawa, February 17, 2014, 05:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys, I recently read that Stickbro was trying to convert the XML2 :carnage: mod to MUA, but he sudently stopped, so I am currently trying to convert it, and I found a problem during the conversion, the Power Textures: his tendril related attacks are blue, DeeDoo told Stickbro that in order to make them work he had to color flip the textures, so I did it with MUASkinner, I turned the red textures to blue (so they were color flipped), and TA-DA!!! They remained blue! If anyone can, please help me, here is the file with what I've done so far, I made his Herostat MUA compatible and made two HUD's for his 2 skins, and no mannequin yet, I know it's not too much, anyway here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9accg9npn56a43/Carnage+MUA+Conversion.rar
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Oh, and I forgot to tell the offsets for his textures, here they are:
carn_web.igb,DXT3,128,256,8644.
carn_tendril04.igb,DXT3,128,256,8644.
carn_tendril03.igb,DXT3,128,256,8644.
carn_splat.igb,DXT3,128,128,4474.

wow dude thanks for picking up this project i cant work on aymore! :( ive been away for about two years and i need more time to learn about coding and what-nots and decided to leave the project until i could either A: pick it up again ( highly doubt it) or B: have someone else success in my place and BAM! it happens. never thought someone would bring my dream of having a classic carnage back to life in MUA PC :D i look forward to the progress and Ill try to help you anyway i can  :carnage: cheers!

No problem dude, I am very excited about what my conversion will turn out to be, but sadly I have little time to work on it due to school and work, but I am trying all I can do on my free time!!!

Quote from: Maegawa on February 19, 2014, 11:52AM
No problem dude, I am very excited about what my conversion will turn out to be, but sadly I have little time to work on it due to school and work, but I am trying all I can do on my free time!!!
i am too, since most of the powersets are all done (if you dont mind it being buggy) then itll only take half the time now :). mkae sure to do as much as you can. ill be keeping my eye on this and ill see if i can do anything about it. Im currently busy with MUGEN right now so ill see. good luck!

Yeah, basically, what need to be done/corrected are:
Icons
Tendril Swing
Fightstyle (if not, will use MUA's default)
Corrected effects

I think a fightstyle that would fit him is wolverine's, but toxin already has it so I thought of using sabretooth's

sabretooth sounds good. maybe black panther too.

May 31, 2014, 02:51AM #8 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:15AM by nazguleater
Hey guys, i might be able to help you with this, as i was going to do the same thing before looking around the net and finding this. I might be able to do something for the icons and the fightstyle (which im currently working on). The effects might be ok, whats wrong with them?

EDIT: So i worked on this a bit, for the time being the current one temporarily uses toxin's icons, and i made the fightstyle to sabertooths and changed the base anims to venom's anims. Also changed the classic skin to B.L.A.W's iteration of carnage and i finally also gave him the ability to webzip around. I want to test it but i can't yet. Here is the link. Can someone paste screenshots of it working? LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vw8es53d3348890/current_version.zip

I also intend to re-add the blade ballet from toxin and the grow spikes and change those into more carnage themed abilities (such as grow axes on arms for damage) which shoudnt be hard with the tutorial on how to give abilities from one char to another, and utilizing more than one animation sets.

NEW EDIT #2: LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?f95p20zmbi29dp2

So what happened was i went back and revised some of the stuff including anims, mannequin and hudheads. They are all using placeholders for now. What is happening is that the game crashes whenever you try to select carnage in the change team screen.

wow it's very cool someone decided to help me, really. But you made a mistake, you can't change his anims, because due to it being a XML2 conversion, both his menu anims and his combat anims are in the 231_carnage.igb, so if you take 176_venom.igb and rename it to 231_carnage.igb you will get the wrong combat anims, and also, because you changed his fightstyle to Sabretooth's, some of his special moves are with Sabretooth's anims, for you get Venom's menu anims, but Carnage's combat anims, you will have to take the 231_carnage.igb file and make a carnage_4_combat.igb file for him, I once saw a tutorial on how to make it, I don't rembember where, but I rebember it was something related to getting the NPC combat anims, saddly I can't help you because I have to study for the exams and I work, so I have a small amount of time for helping you, good luck, if there's anything I can do to help you, tell me, because I MAY be able to help you, and also, a way for making his Iconset is using sprites from SNES games and adding some details to it, a cool sprite for using is the one from Spider-Man Lethal Foes, I will try to make them and send them to you, it's the least I can do, again, thanks for helping me!

It's pretty easy to add a second aniimation set to an XML2 character, just requires some editing in herostat and packaging, I might look at the updated Carnage mod and throw in my own 2 cents
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Thanks for the quick reply, it's astonishing to see a forum alive after enduring for 9 years!

Polygone: Do you mean taking the :carnage: XML2 mod and porting it over? I would love to help with the project.

Maegawa: Thank you for that, i overlooked it completely! However, i did what you said, and reverted the changes, heck i even replaced the files with the default ones, but whenever i try to select carnage in the heroselect screen, it crashes! Anyways, i might look for the tutorial on how to make two files, but i'm afraid this will have to go on the backburner, since i cannot get the file to work. If i can fix the crash, and Polygone is up for making the mod, then i'll be happy to help. Once my toxin/carnage iteration is complete, i'll take a look into this anyways. Thanks for the response!

P.S I have exams too in about a week, when do yours end?

I tried to do it with this one, but idk yet. Don't get me wrong, what you guys have so far (especially the HUDS!) Is good, but there are a few bugs that are bothering me making me wonder if I should just start over with a fresh mua character and then edit the powers to make them look like that of XML 2 Carnage, my main problem is the default damage output (light attack & heavy attack) which is WAY to high

Just for reference (to me, Maegawa and anybody else willing to help)

-I added passives, which the mod seemed to be missing
-Messing around with the skeletons, I get that he's a symbiote like Venom, but that should be motivation to seperate him from Venom as much as possible, because Carnage and Venom are nothing alike (possibly some hex-editing)
-Shriek summon would work better as a boost then as a second extreme, thinking of using XML2 Magneto summoning power
-Instead of color flipping textures, I would replace the textures with Venom's textures, paint them red and see how they work out. I know I said to seperate him as much from Venom as possible, but I honestly don't know how to color flip and think this would be an easier solution.

Just a few ideas

Honestly, just seeing someone working on this is a huge motivation!

Now, before i start my idea rant, i advise you to start over. This would mean you would gain a lot more flexibility in all aspects of this mod.

On to the ideas! (of course these are only mere suggestions and subject to change)

The default skin: My idea for this would be taking B.L.A.W's classic carnage (with his permish ofc) and making it into a thinner model. Then, you could turn his feet into the two foot feet that he has in the XML2 file. Finally, you could revamp his face and base it on the MUA2 model.

Sounds and voices: MUA2 files are awesome and should suffice

Animations: One of the main reasons you should start over. His movement anim should be like Nightcrawler  (it resembles MUA2 anims). His idle should be him on his hind legs like a dog, but that resembles Venom a lot. His combat style could be any, but as suggested, Sabertooth might be a good match? His menu selection is up to you.

Skins: Classic (MUA2-ish), Ultimate, Carnage vs Deadpool, Spectacular Spiderman?

Mannequin: Desperately needed.

Herostat etc.:  I had a question, hhow does selecting Brotherhood in race change anything?

Abilities (the big one):
The ability to swing around
Carnage Rules: Passive that makes him have lifesteal and bleeding, however takes more fire damage
Murderous Scythes (carnage's classic axe blades for extra speed and damage)
Lunatic Leap from the original (take away the bite)
Devour (kinda from Avengers Alliance, use the leap bite anims)
Blade Ballet sort of ability (more range? Singular spin?)
Slice n' Dice (two step ability, activate then quicky reactivate)
Slash n' Dash (c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker)

More ideas once i think of them.

Quote from: nazguleater on May 31, 2014, 02:02PM
The default skin: My idea for this would be taking B.L.A.W's classic carnage (with his permish ofc) and making it into a thinner model. Then, you could turn his feet into the two foot feet that he has in the XML2 file. Finally, you could revamp his face and base it on the MUA2 model.

Skins: Classic (MUA2-ish), Ultimate, Carnage vs Deadpool, Spectacular Spiderman?

I can do a lot, but not that. I'm basicly only good at making powers, but I'm sorta laying back on the project until permission is given from Maegawa to continue (possibly a collabration, who knows) Mannequin is also beyond my reach.

Herostat etc.:  I had a question, hhow does selecting Brotherhood in race change anything?

It doesn't, this is a leftover for XML2, it changes how characters react to your character in that game.

Abilities (the big one):
The ability to swing around
Carnage Rules: Passive that makes him have lifesteal and bleeding, however takes more fire damage
Murderous Scythes (carnage's classic axe blades for extra speed and damage)
Lunatic Leap from the original (take away the bite)
Devour (kinda from Avengers Alliance, use the leap bite anims)
Blade Ballet sort of ability (more range? Singular spin?)
Slice n' Dice (two step ability, activate then quicky reactivate)
Slash n' Dash (c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker)

More ideas once i think of them.

This is sorta arguable, I do agree with you on a few things, but I also wanna make this a proper XML2 port, meaning I might have to keep some powers, depends on how ok No-Doubt is with this, if he gives his ok on everything, I might do a few of these. (Still, this is Maegawana's project, waiting for his input)

I can see why a serial killer (especially Carnage) could need some sort of lifedrain, but idk. I might just add that to a power in which he gains a few hp every time he uses it. Will have to wait & see