Author Topic: Anyone interested in the source files for a restart of this project?  (Read 2312 times)

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
I have had a new X-Men Legends PC project started, but I realized there just wasn't enough interest in it to keep me going. I got as far as extracting EVERYTHING, setting up the .exe to have a different save path, and doing some organization of files. But honestly I plan on just doing my own mod on the original X-Men Legends on the Xbox some day, so I'm not going to bother with this. If anyone wants it I'll put it into a 7-zip file along with links to necessary tools. I can't be of much help other than pointing to you to my previous topics on converting XML1 stuff.

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER
That sounds great that you'll post it. Too bag it was never finished. Is it still playable till the HARP mission. Thanks again

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
No, this is a complete restart, so no levels are playable. It's just all the files extracted properly and me getting started on the main menu.

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER
Just let me know if you need me to try me out. I still have the original add on missions for Mua if you need them.

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
I'm not sure what you mean. I decided I wasn't going to work on this (see first post) and would instead just be building an actual mod for XML1 on Xbox. That's why I'm offering these source files -- so that someone doesn't have to extract all the files (which took me hours). Hopefully someone will want to work on it, because I won't be.

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
What type of mod will you be doing for the Xbox?

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Dunno just yet. Probably just one that adds the max amount of skins for each character and adds as many new characters as I can. I'm going to finish up my PSP MUA mod, then move on to the Xbox XML1 mod.

**EDIT**

Did some thinking while driving this morning. I'm going to write a few scripts to automate conversion to .XMLB/.ENGB for most of the config files, and also auto-build the .PKGB files. If I did that I might be able to pull myself away from working on the menus and actually work on the levels. It all comes down to how much of the "grunt work" I can automate. Right now all that monotonous, repeated stuff would take literally dozens of hours, probably close to 50. But if I can automate it via a few .bat files I can shorten that time to around just a 5-6 hours + however long it takes the scripts to run. There would still be a lot of work after that, but at least we'd be to a point where we could jump in and actually play inside the levels.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:03am by Teancum »

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Invincible Member
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
Sure thing. Unless there's a full compressed version for Windows 8
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Well all, thanks to batch conversion I can load about 70% of the levels. Of course loading a level and making it work correctly (objectives, etc) are two different things. Looks like I'll be doing more experimenting.

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Just let me know if you need me to try me out. I still have the original add on missions for Mua if you need them.
YES! I need them badly as I can't remember how we set up objectives originally.

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER
I' ll sendem this weekend when I get home sorry barely saw ur reply.

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Thanks! I recently got several levels up and running thanks to my automated processes (about 75% "work"), but to get them working correctly I need to get the objectives rolling.

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER

Online Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Thanks much. This'll be a major help in ironing out the objectives.