Author Topic: OFFICIAL X-Men Legends PC progress topic  (Read 26360 times)

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Re: OFFICIAL X-Men Legends PC progress topic
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 05:34am »
The playable characters all use XML2 versions (mods are used for Emma Frost, Beast, Jubilee and Spider-Man), but XML1-like mods (mods with the powers from the original X-Men Legends) are out there already for most characters. If you want the original style characters nodoubt_jr did some great conversions of them here.

Also wanted to report back on how we're moving along. I have all but like two levels running in XML2, but most are very incomplete still. All FX have been converted, though any I ran through the automated converter I built don't have any color to them (to be added later). Right now you can "play through" the game up until you need to start the HAARP mission, but Mystique still doesn't have the right powerstyle (I have it somewhere). The HAARP tank battles will have to be replaced with a bunch of bad guys, because the code the tanks use doesn't exist in XML2.

The goal for the first build is to let you play through the whole first mission (rescuing Alison), then play through the whole first visit to the X-Mansion. I may include the HAARP facility (the next mission), but it will be incomplete. I will be fixing the tank fights as soon as my finals are over, but I haven't even touched the Toad boss fight, so I don't know how well that will go.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:08am by Teancum »

Offline Kiwi Kid980

• Rook
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02pm »
Are you going to be releasing builds?

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 07:39pm »
Are you going to be releasing builds?

Yes.

I think I'm going to start releasing a new build every 2-4 weeks for testing. It's the only way I'll stay motivated with the project.

Please be patient. I only posted that a little over a week ago.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 05:36pm »
Download Build 0101: https://www.mediafire.com/?ndrdmkvbpeeuibw

You can play through from the beginning of the game (first mission) until you have to start the HAARP mission at the X-Mansion. There are a number of bugs, all noted in the first post.

This might be the last build for a while depending on interest and feedback from others. As I mentioned before without any help with feedback (or even better, help modding) I just can't keep up with the amount of work. Everything that needs to be done can actually be done. But I need people to help. Specifically someone work on recoloring effects (there are tutorials here), and character powerstyles for boss fights as about half of those are broken.

As far as the rest of the game, all but two levels load, and objectives, zone animations, etc aren't tough to do. The real hard part for me is going through and fixing powerstyles of characters that need tweaks, which has never been my strong suit. With 1-2 other people jumping on board to fix broken characters we could easily get at least half of the game running 100% inside of just a few months. If someone was working on those it gives me time to fix objectives, create and/or fix existing scripts, and just in general make sure level progression works as it should. It's nice because we can work separately very easily and merge stuff together easily since what you see in the download is literally everything you need to help out (aside from a few modding programs).

NEEDED FOR BUILD 0102
Build 0102 would see players get through the entire HAARP mission, the next visit to the X-Mansion, the Sentinel Flashback, and the first Sewers mission. Here's what I need help with (I can help anyone with setting up things to mod):

• The Pyro fight in the HAARP facility. This doesn't include any cutscenes related to it, just simply making the fight work correctly
  • The Toad fight at the end of the HAARP facility. Same deal here, and I'd be willing to help here as it's also reliant on some py scripts
  • GRSO powerstyles -- right now they have a generic gun powerstyle, but there are also guys with flamethrowers
  • Check Morlock powerstyles
  • Fix sentinel powerstyles. They play animations and shoot out their FX, but they do no damage
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:12am by Teancum »

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 08:05pm »
I just played through the first build. Besides the obvious bugs you mentioned it plays really well. I don't know if you are expecting any more thorough feedback (if you do, I can give it). But I enjoyed it.

Offline Tony Stark

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 07:44pm »
Wow, didn't know this was a thing. Been away a long time! Very cool!
CHECK OUT MY RELEASES!
RESOURCE BACKUP THREAD

If you need me, please email me if important. PM me or post in my thread otherwise.

Offline Joosteh

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 03:00am »
Loving it! Please keep up the good work :)

Offline KingAdam85

• Fantastic Member
  • I love to mod Both MUA also i love making bolton's
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 09:51am »
Nice job  :toxin:

Offline Kiwi Kid980

• Rook
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 12:26pm »
Can't wait to see what's next keep up the great work dude :)

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 07:46pm »
I don't want to seem pushy, but when will Build 0102 come about?

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 03:24am »
I'm not sure to be honest. I don't even have the mod installed right now. I have everything all zipped up but I haven't done anything with it since the last build. I guess I was hoping for modding help, but our community is so small. I should probably just face the fact that I'm on my own in that sense and forge ahead, but it's such a huge project.

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 01:37pm »
Sorry to hear that. I saw you needed help with powerstyles of a few villains I will try to give it a look. Are there Ps file any different than anyone else's or do we just need to change what type of damage their putting out?

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45pm »
I'm not sure to be honest. I don't even have the mod installed right now. I have everything all zipped up but I haven't done anything with it since the last build. I guess I was hoping for modding help, but our community is so small. I should probably just face the fact that I'm on my own in that sense and forge ahead, but it's such a huge project.

So in other words, I shouldn't hold my breath for it. I wish I had some technical know how to help this project cause I really want to see it in fruition. Just take your time then. No rush.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 06:17am »
I sorta decided just to skip any powerstyle and effects issues for now. First priority is actually being able to properly finish each level (objectives, etc). Yesterday I spent a few hours on it and finished getting the HAARP facility completely playable. I started on the second mansion visit. Putting sounds, powerstyles and effects aside for now will make the work go a lot faster I *think*. I'm hoping that if I can get Act 1 working completely that I can call on some of the old community members to come in and help out with any necessary fixes to the characters or effects.

Offline darkmaster20

• Amazing Member
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 07:42am »
Wow!!
Booooyaaaa.