Author Topic: OFFICIAL X-Men Legends PC progress topic  (Read 26362 times)

Offline KingAdam85

• Fantastic Member
  • I love to mod Both MUA also i love making bolton's
Re: OFFICIAL X-Men Legends PC progress topic
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 01:43am »
I sorta decided just to skip any powerstyle and effects issues for now. First priority is actually being able to properly finish each level (objectives, etc). Yesterday I spent a few hours on it and finished getting the HAARP facility completely playable. I started on the second mansion visit. Putting sounds, powerstyles and effects aside for now will make the work go a lot faster I *think*. I'm hoping that if I can get Act 1 working completely that I can call on some of the old community members to come in and help out with any necessary fixes to the characters or effects.

Can you plz put the HAARP up for download so we can play it
BTW love this and hope you can finish it :xmen_logo:

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2014, 11:11am »
I'd rather not release another build this week. I'm on a roll, so I want to wait until I get burnt out again or until I finish Act 1, whichever comes first.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 09:50am »
Kingadam85 -- I have moved your modding questions to this topic: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9235.0.html Please only posts things about the X-Men Legends PC Project here, that way it's easier for me to track bugs, etc.

Offline KingAdam85

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 10:35am »
One bug is when you go into the x-masion the fist time and so to the subbasement and go to the mission beefing computer it does not teleport you to the next level :) :xmen_logo:

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 12:02pm »
Download Build 0101: https://www.mediafire.com/?ndrdmkvbpeeuibw

You can play through from the beginning of the game (first mission) until you have to start the HAARP mission at the X-Mansion. There are a number of bugs, all noted in the first post.

You can't play the HAARP mission in build 0101.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 05:04pm »
Finally was able to build a custom menu for Save-only extraction points (you can load a game, too). Moving right along!

Offline White Queen

• Incredible Member
  • "Life's a bitch, and so am I"
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 08:09am »
Wow, nice job. :D I'm really happy that you've ressurected this project. Good luck! :)

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33am »
More fixes/updates:

• Fixed it so that Magma cannot play in missions until she's completed her training. If she's on your team and you try the start the mission, the game will tell you to swap her with another character at an extraction point. Incidentally this will work the same way for any time we need to 'lock' characters on a mission. There are a few ways to break this fix (for instance, change characters at any HAARP extraction point), but for the most part this is how we'll do it. The Astral Plane will only have four characters that can visit it anyway (Cable, Psylocke - who is unlocked from the start, Emma Frost and Jean Grey --- Prof X will now be an NPC) so I'm making those extraction points save/load only (no team change).
  • Speaking of that, I perfected save-only extraction points (see last post)
  • At the X-Mansion you must be controlling Magma to start character conversations. Since I can't force a character change I just disabled the conversation if Magma isn't the one who started the conversation. You get a notification that only Alison (Magma) can start the convo
  • The second mansion visit is almost done. I need to finalize a few things
  • HAARP works totally now, however it's not perfect yet. Boss fights aren't totally done (though you can complete them), and one map is being skipped for now as it crashes
  • The first sewers visit is done, objectives and all
  • I have 1/2 of Magma's training mission (two generic Danger Room missions) done, but I haven't set up the scripting so that you have to have just her on the team yet. Easy to do, low priority. Her New York "flashback" training mission (a repeat of the first mission of the game, but with Magma saving Magma) is really low priority. I figure the Danger Room missions are enough
  • The USS Arbiter's first two stages are done (until the end of stage 2). This is likely where the next build will stop.

No release date yet. Basically I'm going to work on it until I get burnt out, then release a build.

Offline Polygone

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Build Heaven on the back of Hell
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03am »
You're doing a great job Teancum! Really impressive progress!
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Offline KingAdam85

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01am »
take your time with this dont rush make it good

Offline Lightning249539

• Incredible Member
  • Queen of Africa
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 11:21am »
Amazing!! I cant wait until you finish so I can make gameplay videos of it. :applause: :grin_no: :storm:

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 06:39pm »
Build 0102 will be uploaded tomorrow. You'll be able to play to the end of the HAARP facility from the start of the game. We're taking our daughter to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 for her birthday, so it will probably be uploaded late.

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2014, 04:04pm »
Thanks for the hard work. Hope you had a blast with your family at the show.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 07:27pm »
Build 0102 https://www.mediafire.com/?euix3exp64l94gr

You'll be able to play to the end of the HAARP facility from the start of the game. Make SURE that you save your game in the X-Mansion Subbasement before starting the HAARP mission. It WILL crash if you try to play straight through.

Offline KingAdam85

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2014, 11:27am »
THX YOU SO MUCH