Author Topic: OFFICIAL X-Men Legends PC progress topic  (Read 34403 times)

Offline LX - Rampage

• Invincible Member
  • Upvotes 12
  • Insanity is being surrounded, yet you stay lonely
Re: OFFICIAL X-Men Legends PC progress topic
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2014, 11:45am »
So much progress, nice job with this entire thing so far :) Glad to see someone putting in so much effort for something so cool

Offline Folcan

• Newcomer
  • Upvotes 0
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 09:00am »
Thank you very much for this, its much appreciated.

just wanted to post a quick thing, not sure if anyone else has come across it, but the first time i came across Pyro the cut scene played but pyro didn't show up, however the game was still running (ambient lighting was still running). i had to force quite the program, and reload at last save, which did fix problem. anyway apart from that everything runs amazing, so thanks again

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 78
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 11:47am »
I ran into that same problem today doing some more testing for the next release. Not sure what's causing it.

Offline KingAdam85

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes 16
  • I love to mod Both MUA also i love making bolton's
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 06:37am »
Very Nice Job With This I Love It Cant Wait For The Next Release And I Came Across the same problem but it crashed when i goto to Pyro. Hope you can fix it for the next release

overall NICE JOB :)

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 3
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2014, 07:56pm »
Thank you very much for this, its much appreciated.

just wanted to post a quick thing, not sure if anyone else has come across it, but the first time i came across Pyro the cut scene played but pyro didn't show up, however the game was still running (ambient lighting was still running). i had to force quite the program, and reload at last save, which did fix problem. anyway apart from that everything runs amazing, so thanks again

I didn't run into this problem at all. I was able to have a smooth transition with the Pyro fight. I do have two quesitons though. Why is everyone on level 12 and Psylocke has no powers in the build.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 78
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2014, 04:52am »
Level 12 is for debugging (this way everyone can defeat every enemy). As far as Psylocke -- she, Beast and Professor X aren't done.

Offline Lightning249539

• Convo Starters
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes 6
  • Queen of Africa
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43pm »
Level 12 is for debugging (this way everyone can defeat every enemy). As far as Psylocke -- she, Beast and Professor X aren't done.
And Emma Frost. :storm:

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 78
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2014, 05:27pm »
So I made a hard decision and decided to cut ALL of the Astral Plane levels. They have a ton of issues. I could spend 30 hours getting those to work, or 30 hours getting lots and lots of other levels done. As always I'm going to leave every file intact -- the whole game is in there. I'll just tell the game to skip those levels.

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 3
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 07:38pm »
So I made a hard decision and decided to cut ALL of the Astral Plane levels. They have a ton of issues. I could spend 30 hours getting those to work, or 30 hours getting lots and lots of other levels done. As always I'm going to leave every file intact -- the whole game is in there. I'll just tell the game to skip those levels.

Is there anyway you can reconsider? :(

That's my favorite level of the entire game. That was one of the main reasons I was excited about this project.

May I propose something? Since this is like a growing tradition in online independent projects anyway, how about a donation to give a incentive for you to complete the astral levels? (Please note, I'm not Professor X rich or anything) From what I judge from this community it's mostly people downloading content compared to the actual people making it. Plus, considering you are doing it on your free time with raising a child it should be a fair exchange. Since this thing been a long time going, I would rather have a full experience than a partial one. I hope I didn't insult your character or your reasons for doing this. It was just a suggestion to throw out there.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:38pm by BlueElf »

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 78
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 03:05am »
Is there anyway you can reconsider? :(

That's my favorite level of the entire game. That was one of the main reasons I was excited about this project.

May I propose something? Since this is like a growing tradition in online independent projects anyway, how about a donation to give a incentive for you to complete the astral levels? (Please note, I'm not Professor X rich or anything) From what I judge from this community it's mostly people downloading content compared to the actual people making it. Plus, considering you are doing it on your free time with raising a child it should be a fair exchange. Since this thing been a long time going, I would rather have a full experience than a partial one. I hope I didn't insult your character or your reasons for doing this. It was just a suggestion to throw out there.

I'd prefer people to actually help 1,000x more than any donation. Truth be told the donations I'd work for would be too much for people to pay anyway. I've put probably five times more work into the Astral levels and I still can't get some of the enemies to work. From here on out I want to focus all that time on getting levels finished that aren't giving me trouble, and then I'll have more of the game completed than less.

That being said there's absolutely no way whatsoever this mod will ever be 100% complete. I'd need at least 3-4 other people working with me. So far nobody has stepped up. It's a bit of a bummer that this project is so very possible to do now that most of the major modders have moved on. Four years ago we could have completed it with what we know now. By myself I'll be lucky to finish the first act.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:01am by Teancum »

Offline ndp

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes 7
  • X-MEN FOREVER
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2014, 10:24pm »
Thank you for all your hard work on the project it has been great. Also, a HUGE thank you for fixing the search function on the site. I am glad you have stayed on the site and been one of the main reasons it continues to keep going.

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 3
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2014, 12:41am »
I'd prefer people to actually help 1,000x more than any donation. Truth be told the donations I'd work for would be too much for people to pay anyway. I've put probably five times more work into the Astral levels and I still can't get some of the enemies to work. From here on out I want to focus all that time on getting levels finished that aren't giving me trouble, and then I'll have more of the game completed than less.

That being said there's absolutely no way whatsoever this mod will ever be 100% complete. I'd need at least 3-4 other people working with me. So far nobody has stepped up. It's a bit of a bummer that this project is so very possible to do now that most of the major modders have moved on. Four years ago we could have completed it with what we know now. By myself I'll be lucky to finish the first act.

Though I understand your predicament you basically took my act of kindness as a platform to vent, and low key being passive agressive. So much for me trying to be nice.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 78
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 05:00am »
I get what you were trying to do, but being someone with a career, family, etc I'm a realist. It's a bummer, but the reality that the vast majority of large scale mods never get finished. And in regards to donations, it's a nice thought, but what I was saying is that my free time is so precious to me that I'd probably not do it for any less than what I'd do a contract job in my career. It's not meant to be rude. I mean, let's say someone said "I'll give you 50 US dollars to get those levels working." I'll spend at least 50 hours working on it, meaning I made 1 dollar per hour on it, and that's time I could have spent working on other parts of the mod, or with my wife and kids.

I want to be totally clear that I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I don't want to bring false hope either.

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 3
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 09:18am »
I am also someone with a career and a marriage (not a family, as I'm sure that is very hard). So I understand you weren't going to complete everything. I knew you were giving us theframework in case someone wanted to improve. I just wanted to see the framework of the astral levels. Plus, if we are being realist, you were the one who restarted the project. Once you become a leader of any project, expect to here compliments, complaints, suggestions, etc. and take them in stride. Not all people on the internet have bad intentions or attitudes. Yes you have jurisdiction but that doesn't give you the right to use your view of "realism" to be passive aggressive in the forum.

Plus my other intention of the donation suggestion was maybe to push other people to either donate or at least say to themselves, "Let me help Teancum." This i the last I'll talk about it, and I'll probably just log off from here for awhile so no other drama will be caused. Good luck with this, and I hope other people do try to help you.

Offline EvGamer-X-

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 2
    • https://vk.com/xml_mua_modding
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 08:39am »

Hello Teancum. If you can finish all the project, do and finish it. Do not pay attention to people. Rather, neither will help you. This is time consuming, requires time and skill. I myself just do not understand absolutely nothing in it.
If not more difficult, write every six months to the news about what has been done for the period, not to faded interest in people. From myself I will say that waiting for your full release at 100%. And I have people that's just too fanateyut of XML. They are also looking forward to the game. Thanks for the work. Waiting for news.   :sunfire: :nightcrawler: :abyss: :apocalypse: :magneto: :sinister:
-X-