Author Topic: Pre-Alpha release topic  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Pre-Alpha release topic
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:43pm »
https://www.mediafire.com/?i9o7q010d9140cl

Create a new folder called /X-Men Legends PC and extract the files there.

This build is 99% for modders. It's still EXTREMELY broken, but it shows that we're already leaps and bounds ahead of the last time we tried to get this project off the ground. I'm releasing this only to try and get support for the project by asking for help getting a few of the simpler things done. Please DO NOT REPORT BUGS. That being said, if you want to mess around with it, have fun.

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH
  • Effects still need converted. Most that exist in XML2 have already replaced XML1 effects. XML1-specific effects still need work. These are in /Effects folder under the subfolders /explode, /impacts, /material, /misc, /powers, /powerups, /puzzles, /traps and all folders under /weapons. The /ambient folder needs it as well, but I'll have to re-upload those effects
  • There are some broken NPC models where the cel shading is really wacky. All of these models have working counterparts (such as two different male X-students), so they just need to be reskinned onto a working model and renamed.

HOW TO CHANGE MAPS

Right now you'll get stuck during the opening missions in certain places due to a broken boss fight or cutscene. If you can't pass a section (the objectives work up until you get inside the HAARP facility and also work for the Sentinel Flashback) you can actually change the map you start on.

• If you're in-game, exit
  • Navigate to /X-Men Legends PC/scripts/menus
  • Open new_game.py with Notepad
  • Put a # sign before loadMapChooseTeam("haarp/ext/haarp_ext01") #working. This will comment out the line
  • Remove the # sign before a map you want to play. Note that any that say #working will load, but most do not have objectives set up
  • Save the file, restart X-Men Legends PC
  • Start a NEW GAME to jump to the desired level

WHAT'S ALREADY DONE
  • ~140/155 maps load
  • NPCs are done (powersets, npcstat, etc) aside from effects
  • Basic herostat -- a few characters need to be renamed so they work properly in XML1, such as Beast_hero --> Beast and ProfessorX --> ProfXAstral. Since so much of the game calls on these playables' names directly, it's best to follow the original naming convention.
  • Objectives are set up for the first three missions and the Sentinel Flashback
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:31pm by Teancum »

Offline Techon 7

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
Re: Pre-Alpha release topic
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:03pm »
Oh! Must. Resist. Temptation! Need. To. Work. On. Projects. I. Already. Have!

Seriously though, this is great. Thanks for all the work you've put in already. I do have alot of projects for MUA that I'm working on and planning. And since I'm still learning how to do the things you need help with, I'll just wish you luck. I hope this project gets people interested in XML again. It's has kinda piqued my interest in doing some conversions , if I find the time.

Offline MUALover

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Owl City - "When Can I See You Again?" <3
    • My not-so-great website
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 02:18am »
Bought the game today just for this mod, relieved it's still available on the videogame market..

Thanks so much for converting XML to XML2. That's just awesome. :applause: I'll help you converting those effects.

Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Offline ndp

• Fantastic Member
  • X-MEN FOREVER
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 07:47pm »
Wow man you have done a lot of work already. Just finished a short play through in entering the Haarp building. Again, thanks for all the hard work.

Offline rapidkiller84

• Rook
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 08:53pm »
This is a good conversion! Brilliant work... i loved this mod... these are my suggestions that you should do...
1. Try adding X-men Legends sounds/music it feels dead without them.
2. Try to add the old powers that the characters had.
3. HUD needs to be replaced with the old ones!
I could help you but i need to know how to convert ps2 files!
This is a great mod it reminded me old times but this improvement will make the game a lot better!

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 04:51am »
Please follow my other topic here, this was just for the very first release.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9173.0.html