Author Topic: Erik Lensherr's Lair: MUA mods  (Read 123524 times)

Offline nickjustint

• Astonishing Member
Re: Erik Lensherr's Lair: MUA mods
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2018, 02:22am »
That's unfortunate, I think everyone here understands that Erik has a lot on his plate and that is more important than making mods.

I can relate to Erik's situation as I also had some problems with university in relation to courses etc. And I can imagining how frustrating and pointless it seems to be studying something you have no interest in (Though in the UK they make it somewhat easy to switch courses so I'm sad that you don't seem to have that option). Whilst I get that you are blaming yourself for it, you shouldn't feel bad about being angry and regretting the decision as it must be extremely frustrating to feel like you're wasting time when you know it's something that is useless to you.

Thinking of alternatives like you said about online courses is a nice step and hopefully you'll find something that works out for you.

Anyway like I said, definitely don't feel bad about not being here modding as you have a lot to deal with.
Also if you ever need to talk to people don't forget that you can message any of us, either here or a lot of us on active on Discord, so if you want to talk about problems or even just other things to distract yourself.
Check my Voice Packs for MUA here.
Check out my Artwork on myArtstation

Offline Aventureiromax

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Skinner
« Reply #406 on: October 04, 2018, 12:27pm »
Dude, I went through something similar in the past with IT Univesity and my dad. By the second semester I had already seen that I would not like it and Him forced myself to finish the course even explaining the cause.

The result was this: I had to overcome all obstacles during college until the day of its completion. I was so bored with this, that I did not want to do another college and today I work on my own doing computer maintenance.

Anyway, I ended up learning some things that later turned out to be useful  :nerd:

I hope you have the strength to overcome all obstacles as well. God be with you  :bowdown:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Offline scottsum

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #407 on: October 04, 2018, 12:35pm »
@Erik
I would highly recommend reading through this book when you can spare a bit of time.  (You don't have to read the whole thing for it to be helpful.)
https://www.amazon.com/What-Color-Your-Parachute-2018/dp/039957963X

I used it years ago to change careers and it was immensely helpful.  Until you decide which direction you want to go, don't feel like you're wasting your time or money.  Lots of people work in a field totally different from the degree they have, but prospective employers do love to see that degree whether it's relevant to their business or not.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Offline Erik Lensherr

• Fantastic Member
  • Just a guy with a crazy ideas
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2018, 05:23am »
That's unfortunate, I think everyone here understands that Erik has a lot on his plate and that is more important than making mods.

I can relate to Erik's situation as I also had some problems with university in relation to courses etc. And I can imagining how frustrating and pointless it seems to be studying something you have no interest in (Though in the UK they make it somewhat easy to switch courses so I'm sad that you don't seem to have that option). Whilst I get that you are blaming yourself for it, you shouldn't feel bad about being angry and regretting the decision as it must be extremely frustrating to feel like you're wasting time when you know it's something that is useless to you.

Thinking of alternatives like you said about online courses is a nice step and hopefully you'll find something that works out for you.

Anyway like I said, definitely don't feel bad about not being here modding as you have a lot to deal with.
Also if you ever need to talk to people don't forget that you can message any of us, either here or a lot of us on active on Discord, so if you want to talk about problems or even just other things to distract yourself.

Dude, I went through something similar in the past with IT Univesity and my dad. By the second semester I had already seen that I would not like it and Him forced myself to finish the course even explaining the cause.

The result was this: I had to overcome all obstacles during college until the day of its completion. I was so bored with this, that I did not want to do another college and today I work on my own doing computer maintenance.

Anyway, I ended up learning some things that later turned out to be useful  :nerd:

I hope you have the strength to overcome all obstacles as well. God be with you  :bowdown:

Thank you guys for your support and for sharing your personal stuff. I appreciate it and it makes me more confident in what I'm planning to do. :)

@Erik
I would highly recommend reading through this book when you can spare a bit of time.  (You don't have to read the whole thing for it to be helpful.)
https://www.amazon.com/What-Color-Your-Parachute-2018/dp/039957963X

I used it years ago to change careers and it was immensely helpful.  Until you decide which direction you want to go, don't feel like you're wasting your time or money.  Lots of people work in a field totally different from the degree they have, but prospective employers do love to see that degree whether it's relevant to their business or not.

Thanks for that! I'll read this book when I'll get a chance ;)