Erik Lensherr's Lair: Mysterio mod

Started by Erik Lensherr, July 18, 2014, 03:38AM

Previous topic - Next topic
You are on fire bro :sunfire: :humant: :magma: :pyro:!!! Some more DC love is always a good thing. pretty soon your selection of DC will be bigger than those on the Injustice games and that is fine with me. Keep it going and thank you :rockon: :bowdown1: :rockon:

Quote from: ndp on April 21, 2017, 07:09PM
You are on fire bro :sunfire: :humant: :magma: :pyro:!!! Some more DC love is always a good thing. pretty soon your selection of DC will be bigger than those on the Injustice games and that is fine with me. Keep it going and thank you :rockon: :bowdown1: :rockon:
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying my DC collection here. It's not a secret that I like DC Universe more than Marvel, but both universes have really cool characters. This game is generally about Marvel, that's why here's more Marvel characters created. But DC now can fight back. :)

Erik, you're to be congratulated! I have no words! His mods Dr. Fate, Aquaman and Beast Boy are fantastic. I'm having a lot of fun with them. Especially with the Beast Boy. I had to change the numbering of the Omega Red because the two split the number 233, but everything worked out. Their mods are made with a lot of quality. Congratulations! I read in a comment that you were an Outsider disciple! I believe we can treat you as a teacher. After this wonderful shared content, it can not be any different! Thanks!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on April 22, 2017, 07:00PM
Erik, you're to be congratulated! I have no words! His mods Dr. Fate, Aquaman and Beast Boy are fantastic. I'm having a lot of fun with them. Especially with the Beast Boy. I had to change the numbering of the Omega Red because the two split the number 233, but everything worked out. Their mods are made with a lot of quality. Congratulations! I read in a comment that you were an Outsider disciple! I believe we can treat you as a teacher. After this wonderful shared content, it can not be any different! Thanks!

Here's a lot of kind words, thanks for that. I had modding knowledge before but thanks to Outsider I'll greatly increased it. Other people who enjoying my works - the best reward I can actually get. :)

Erik, I just want to thank you for making me, personally, really happy with your latest creations. Hell, everything you and everyone else make here is really awesome, but it's done with such craftsmanship that you all deserve to be recognized individually for your unique talents and creativity in bringing these passions to life in this magnificent game. I would love to figure out how to do even a fraction of what you guys do someday, but I don't dare try anytime soon with how my life is going.

Still, I just needed to say thank you, because thanks to you, Outsider, julios cabral, and BLAW, I can now play as my dream superhero team in MUA, the Mortal Knights (Batman, Spider-Man, Beast Boy, Wolverine, Sub-Zero, and Raiden). I know we can only use four at a time in gameplay but you have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to say I can have them all on the same roster, whereas in any officially released game or even fan game I really doubt this ever would have happened. Thank you, and the others as well, for making one of my fondest dreams come true.

Quote from: TheMK on April 26, 2017, 08:22PM
Erik, I just want to thank you for making me, personally, really happy with your latest creations. Hell, everything you and everyone else make here is really awesome, but it's done with such craftsmanship that you all deserve to be recognized individually for your unique talents and creativity in bringing these passions to life in this magnificent game. I would love to figure out how to do even a fraction of what you guys do someday, but I don't dare try anytime soon with how my life is going.

Still, I just needed to say thank you, because thanks to you, Outsider, julios cabral, and BLAW, I can now play as my dream superhero team in MUA, the Mortal Knights (Batman, Spider-Man, Beast Boy, Wolverine, Sub-Zero, and Raiden). I know we can only use four at a time in gameplay but you have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to say I can have them all on the same roster, whereas in any officially released game or even fan game I really doubt this ever would have happened. Thank you, and the others as well, for making one of my fondest dreams come true.

Thank you so much for this. I'm so glad that you're enjoying what I and other modders doing here. It's very refreshing to see people's happiness with these mods. What could be better reward for creator than success with his creations? ;)
And I like your Dream Team, really impressive characters.
P.S. I assume that you like Mortal Kombat Universe? Interesting...

I'm really glad you think it sounds cool. I'd like to write fan fictions about them sometime but it's probably going to take a while because I've had writer's block/indecision about where to start because there's too many things I want to do/not enough confidence in myself to do it.

And yes, I love Mortal Kombat. It's my favorite game series of all time, with the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy in second place. When it comes to MK I love everything about it, but especially the lore and the story and the characters; I'm so glad the latest entry (MKX) finally acknowledged so much of it (intro interactions, story mode, etc.) when it felt like it was neglecting it's own potential for so long. It would be my life's dream to be the Chris Claremont of Mortal Kombat, but I really doubt that will ever happen.

I can't help but feel a little embarrassed at my past behavior on this forum, long back. I wasn't doing it intentionally but I think subconsciously I inhibited this sort of entitled attitude, where I was hoping if I was enthusiastic enough about something that a modder would notice and do it for me since I didn't have the knowledge or time or willpower to do it myself. I'd like to apologize to anyone who felt like I was being this way towards them, it was not my intention. Instead of repeating that behavior, I'd like to merely offer suggestions to whoever would like to hear them without me having any preconceived notions or expectations about them, and, eventually, I hope, learn how to do these things myself. But, again, it's probably going to be a long time before I can even get started on that, as my circumstances for the foreseeable future are very demanding of both my free time and my spare energy, and just about everything in between; I can't see myself mustering the strength to learn to mod or even just write stories like I'd like to anytime soon, let alone find the chance to do it in the first place. But, one day, I'd like to try.

That's okay, the main thing is that you understood everything by yourself. We all can act not good and we all can feel embarassing for it. It's life after all. There's a lot of people who I believe will help you in your way if you'll ever try. Things are so much easier if someone has your back. ;)
And I love MK Universe too, especially a couple of characters. One of them is already released, and someone is still not...

I'm glad it hasn't seemed to bother you.

I guess one of the main things holding me back aside from my circumstances is that I have absolutely no programming knowledge whatsoever, so the whole prospect is just very intimidating to me... Are there things I can study or somewhere I can get started if I want to just try to find out whether or not it's for me? I'm not sure I'd even be able to do that anytime soon, but I'd really like to know, because modding seems like so much fun to do and a really nice hobby, but I'm just not sure if it would be worth the stress and effort for me... I'm worried I would be no good at it because I know absolutely nothing about it.

I'm also sorry if I'm getting too off-topic here, I can try to just start another thread somewhere if you like.

I would definitely be excited to see more Mortal Kombat in here regardless of who they are... I know at some point in the past Cabral had been working on some in here but lost some assets he ripped because of a mistake his brother made in deleting them I think. I don't know if there's a way I could help him but I have Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks on the PS2, but I'm letting a friend borrow them right now, probably for a while.

On this site there are a lot of tutorials for modding. Check Knowledge Base/Tutorials and see. And if you don't understand something or just can't get to work, you can always ask about it in Technical Problems area. :)

Thank you, I'll try getting around to that really soon.

Back on topic, thanks again for all the terrific work you've done with your mods. Really excited to see everything you do next!

Quote from: TheMK on April 29, 2017, 07:57AM
Thank you, I'll try getting around to that really soon.

Back on topic, thanks again for all the terrific work you've done with your mods. Really excited to see everything you do next!
You're welcome.

BTW, I already finished one of my new projects and he's waiting for some more stuff. Work on the next project is already began. Stay tuned everyone!

Quote from: Erik Lensherr on April 29, 2017, 12:14PM
BTW, I already finished one of my new projects and he's waiting for some more stuff. Work on the next project is already began. Stay tuned everyone!

Don't forget to register them with the CCC, Erik. I've seen no new entries.

And, if you are interested in creating Mortal Kombat characters, I would suggest starting with the original 7 that started it all: Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden (done), Scorpion (done), Sub-Zero (done), and Sonya. And then of course the bosses from the very first game -- Goro and Shang Tsung. (Since Shang Tsung is a shape-shifter, he should be attempted after some of these characters so he can morph into them.)

Some of their classic (or should I say "klassic") moves should be easy to do, such as Liu Kang's Flying Kick, Cage's Shadow Kick, and Kano's Cannonball. Xtreme (or rather, Fatality) moves can range from Kano's Eye Laser to Sonya's Kiss of Death. I know it's more tempting to work on more of the colored ninjas, but the original characters from the very first MK (IMO) are far more important. You can look at my boosters for Raiden, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero for coding on Stage Fatalities, the Fatality sounds, and Shao Kahn's voice. If you need background information on MK characters, let me know, as I am a huge Mortal Kombat fan as well.

I already created someone from there and used your materials from boosters. There's a little confusion with CCC. I'll PM you.

QuoteAnd, if you are interested in creating Mortal Kombat characters, I would suggest starting with the original 7 that started it all: Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden (done), Scorpion (done), Sub-Zero (done), and Sonya

It would be great to have these playable characters, I hope our friend Erik accepts the  challenge :) .