Logitech F710 & F310 D-Input Mod

Started by MelloMods, January 19, 2015, 08:11AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Logitech F710 & F310 D-Input Controller Mod

Ever since I started playing this game for PC, I've always noticed issues w/ the game and my Logitech F710 (and F310) gamepads. While using the X-Input Mode, the controls never quite matched up. I found a temporary solution by switching the controller to D-Input Mode. All the buttons matched up and the controls reminded me of when I used to play it on the X-Box.

After 4 years of modding and playing this game, I had to stare at the menus of the UI w/ #'s representing the buttons. This was never a real problem as I always knew which button controlled what anyway. After reading a post on here about how the buttons were misrepresented, I wondered why nobody (including me) ever thought of a workaround or fix for this. I guess most folks here use a keyboard, which is fine. For me, I am finally able to see the button icons as they are intended to be even in D-Mode.

This is possible by replacing only 3 files...

Make a back-up for these files (they are in you're game's "texs" folder) :

-FontTexture0_beenoxLogitech.png
-FontTexture0_beenoxLogitech_hd.png
-Fullkeyset_eng.png

Download the Logitech_F710_mod.zip (link below) and unzip the contents somewhere on your computer (desktop). replace those three files in your game's "texs" folder w/ the provided zip folder's "texs" folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/?4s0i0yxye2g2qax

Start game and make sure your Logitech F710 or F310 controller is in D-Mode.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Hey there MelloMods, is it cool if I throw this into my resource backup thread and make a backup copy? This is something really handy I'd like to have available.

QuoteHey there MelloMods, is it cool if I throw this into my resource backup thread and make a backup copy? This is something really handy I'd like to have available.

Of Course, Mr. Stark! Medevenx also provided a mod for PSX controls. That can be found here:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9755.0.html

Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I also just revived an old thread of yours concerning m_team_stage.igb (Character Selection Mods). Trying to find a way to utilize Overload's Cerebro Mod and your Tron mod w/out overwriting anything. Hope someone can help me out w/ that b/c I'd like to try and create a new mesh similar to what Overload did yrs ago.

Anyway, good to see you back in the forums!

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^