items.engb

Started by kfcrispy, March 06, 2007, 10:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It looks like items.engb took the old XML2 file and added all the MUA items.
There seem to be a some items that are in the file that enemies don't actually drop...
Krang (not sure if you even fight him?): Atlantean Scale (Finishers do 1.5x damage)
Lizard: Lizard's Serum (lvl 2 health regen)

i don't remember if some bosses dropped these items-- Dark Psylocke: Crimson Dawn (+35 energy/kill)

well all in all, too many useless/dinky items.

also, all those +_% damage for ELEMENT powers don't work as described because they all copied a typo---
Quoteenhancement {
      description = +^%d%% damage to all $DMG_ELECTRICITY Powers ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = damage ;
            level = 1.5 ;
               scope {
               scope_powers = true ;
               }

scpope {
               scope_damage = dmg_electricity ;
               }

}

}

}

You fight Krang in Asgard, IIRC. Might be mistaken though.
And Lizard and Psylocke dropped those things for me, so it might just be you :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

i'll have to check for these items.. but Atlantean Scale is definitely not something you get.

Actually, you fight Krang (and Byrrah) in Atlantis while taking out the Sonic Emitters.

well when i get the chance i'm definitely changing the properties of a useless item to give me Movement + Credit increase early in the game, since i always start new games without loading data. and maybe some Power Damage boosting, but that could be overboard. ^_^

If we change "scpope" to "scope", does that mean the item will actually work?

Actually, the Lizard item does NOT drop, and there is a very good reason as to why: the 4 Spidey villains that you fight in Act3 Asgard are all referred to as 'Ultra' versions of themselves in NPCstat and the map (though only Scorpy changes costume, despite them all having 2 costumes). Plain old 'Lizard' never appears (except in his vs mission, but obviously you can't get his item there)

I don't know what you were smoking when you made that post Noel, but you couldn't have gotten it :wtflol:

My suggestion? Bust open items.engb and change 'spawned_from = Lizard' to 'spawned_from = UltraLizard'. I haven't checked if it works, so don't slay me if it don't :runaway:

PS: On top of this, and the GR glitch, I'm thinking we may need to fix some bugs and combine them w/ the Next-Gen Mod to form the 'Install this, Bitch!' pack. 2 other glitches I get: Thor NEVER yells out on xtreme and Big C doesn't grunt on jump (despite both those sounds existing)

Quotewhat you were smoking when you made that post Noel, but you couldn't have gotten it
Was a good smoke, probably, as I don't remember XD

QuoteI'm thinking we may need to fix some bugs and combine them w/ the Next-Gen Mod to form the 'Install this, Bitch!' pack. 2 other glitches I get: Thor NEVER yells out on xtreme and Big C doesn't grunt on jump (despite both those sounds existing)
Thor and Big C - gotta check the speeling of their filenames inside the ZSSes. And totally agree on the compulsory mod  :nod:

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

heh.
well if anyone cares, here's my custom item. it's over-powered but whatever. i wanted to be able to gain money easy (sure, you can use the cheat but by keeping this item on, i passively gain money easily)

Quoteitem {
   class = gloves ;
   cost = 50000 ;
   displayname = Scorpion's Tail ;
   enemy_level = -1 ;
   model = pickups/equip_belt_a ;
   name = SCRP_TAIL ;
   quality = legend ;
   spawned_from = Scorpion ;
   type = equipment ;
   unique = true ;
      enhancement {
      description = +^10%% Movement and Power Damage ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = move ;
            level = 1.1 ;
            }
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = damage ;
            level = 1.10 ;
            scope_powers = true ;
            }

}

}

enhancement {
      description = +^%d%% critical chance on all attacks ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            attribute = critical ;
            level = 0.101 ;
            }

}

}

enhancement {
      description = Finishers do ^double damage ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = damage ;
            level = 2 ;
            scope_finishers = true ;
            }

}

}

enhancement {
      description = +^%d%% credits ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = extra_money ;
            level = 5.0001 ;
            }

}

}

}
I combined power damage and movement (it works, i tested), both boosted by 10% because the game seems to take limited Description codes for each item. i replace Scorpion's Tail cuz it's the first item you get--easiest for testing using new games and might as well get it early!
don't understand the life = -1 but it's everywhere..
Other than that i put in Ulik's Fists (+10% criticals). i love seeing critical hits.. and Executioner's Axe for melee madness. then +400% money.

and btw, Dragon's Heart actually only adds 3% critical chance to melee (not all attacks).. and Radiation Touch doesn't have any scope specifying melee at all, but the description said melee only. good job...

July 17, 2007, 07:49AM #11 Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:22AM by Marcuslid
I've tried this and the item spawns, but no one else drops anything.  Has anyone else had this happen, and how do you correct this?
Let me re-phase this, for example I modify Scorpion's spawn item; to include +10 crits as well.  He spawns the item and the when I get to Bullseye, he does not spawn anything.  Any idea's?

Thanks