BaconWizard17's PS2 Skins (222 Skins)

Started by BaconWizard17, September 26, 2016, 07:58PM

Previous topic - Next topic

January 10, 2019, 10:16AM #466 Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:29AM by BaconWizard17
Bishop has been updated (again)! I added his outfit from the latest Uncanny X-Men comics. I know that he has long hair in that comic, but the Modern model just fit so much better. Just pretend he got a haircut or something.

Check it out here!

Just a heads up: the link for Cyclops (Time-Displaced) "X-Men Blue" skin is down.

Your skins are just the best!

Quote from: Clarityman on January 20, 2019, 10:18AM
Just a heads up: the link for Cyclops (Time-Displaced) "X-Men Blue" skin is down.

Your skins are just the best!

Thank you! I'll get that fixed

Great skins as always!!!
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

I imagine you're working on X-Men Red skins in your free time, right? ;D ;D

Quote from: Boycus730 on January 22, 2019, 10:05AM
I imagine you're working on X-Men Red skins in your free time, right? ;D ;D

I have been trying to get the most recent comic book outfits of each character, so X-Men Red skins are among them

Just wanted to give an update since I haven't posted in a long while. I am still working on skins, but it's just been on and off for a while and all over the place, so I don't have much in the sense of a coordinated release. I'll try to have some sort of update in the nearish future

No worries, the fact you are still doing skins at all is awesome and keeps me checking the site! Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to seeing them when finished!

wow u have done so many amazing skins! i dont suppose u could refer me to a step by set on how to incorporate them in my game. Any help with info on making and adding roster pis and ur super sleek hud heads would be great too!

DJay Saint gives a good explanation here:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,698.msg12807.html#msg12807

For HUDs, it's the same process, but they go in the hud folder (unless you're referring to XML2. If you are, that's a bit of a different story)

thanks this is some really useful info. i was referring to xml2 tho, does that complicate things?

For X-Men Legends II, the process is a bit different, as there are two types of HUDs.

• The first are the 3D Heads/HUD heads, which are the 3D heads that show up on the screen and float around and show which character you're controlling. They go in the UI>hud>characters folder, and they will have the same number as the skin you're using. The ones I've made can be found here.
  • The others are the conversation HUDs/portraits, which show up when you're engaging in a conversation. They go in the HUD folder. The ones I've made can be found here. However, by default, each character only has 1 conversation hud tied to them, so you'll have to edit their packages for each skin to get the right ones to show. To do this, you need to go to packages>generated>characters, and find the packages for each skin (for example, if you're doing Colossus' 0901 skin, you would want to get colossus_0901.pkgb and colossus_0901_nc.pkgb). Using XMLBCUI, you'd want to decompile each package and open it with notepad. There should be a line referencing hud_head_0903 (in Colossus' case), so you would want to change that to reflect the skin's number. Then, recompile back to a .pkgb, and add it back to your game files. Then you can add the conversation hud into the hud folder.

Hopefully that makes sense. If you need clarification or more help, feel free to post in the technical problems for XML2 and I'll answer there. You could also look at my XML2 boosters to see how I did the packages

Thx my dude, ill be sure to use the tech section for any future inquiries. Srry to get ur thread off topic ;)