Omega Red Mod Release

Started by idrinkdrpepper, August 25, 2007, 07:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Batch version > UI, provided you know what you are doing.

thanx i got it to work...awesome mod...omega red kicks mad ass...

Great mod! Thanks for making Omega Red. Just curious anyone else planned? Or are you taking a break?

August 27, 2007, 12:05AM #18 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:07AM by iammingy
Quote from: idrinkdrpepper on August 25, 2007, 05:45PM
Quote from: iammingy on August 25, 2007, 01:40PM
EDIT 2: idrinkdrpepper, the game crashes when Omega Red uses the grab smash. The mod is missing the 23350.igb. Thanks.

OK. Updated the link to include 23350.

At one point, I was also thinking of adding bolton tentacles to his menu animation, but I never got around to finding the right place to bolt them.  The "idle" coils are included in the mod, but aren't used, so you might want to play around with those if you think it would spruce up his image.

Thank you. It works now. :)

I think I found 2 "bugs":
1. Other than the initial energy cost, "Vampiric Coil" doesn't cost any more enegy when leeching life from victim.

2. Omega Red becomes invinvicible when Red Armor is activated; no damage can be dealt on him.

Btw, I got the idle tentacles to work correctly on both arms:

For those interested, add the last two "BoltOn{...}" as shown below to your herostat. They extend and retract and I think they look really cool in the game, but there is a trade-off. You may see 4 tentacles at the same time (especially when using Vampiric Coil)...haha

stats {
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 233_omegared ;
   charactername = Omega Red ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 4 ;
   mind = 6 ;
   name = omegared ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_omegared ;
   scale_factor = 1.15 ;
   scaleattacks = true ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 23301 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = Evolution ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Age of Apocalypse ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Ultimate ;
   sounddir = ghost_m ;
   strength = 8 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 4 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = XMen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = omega_p3 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = might ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      build = e3 ;
      level = 1 ;
      name = omega_p3 ;
      }

talent {
      build = e3 ;
      level = 1 ;
      name = omega_p7 ;
      }

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 L Forearm ;
      model = models/bolton/omega_red_idle_left.IGB ;
      slot = ebolton_autoanim ;
      }

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 R Forearm ;
      model = models/bolton/omega_red_idle_right.IGB ;
      slot = ebolton_cape ;
      }

}

August 27, 2007, 07:12AM #19 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:15AM by idrinkdrpepper
Yeah, I tried bolting the idle tentacles in the same place and I think the forearms are the right place to bolt them, but they pass in and out of his hand and poke out of the top of his arm in some places.  It's not as noticeable in-game, but in the menu it looks a little glitched. 

I fixed the Red Armor so that it's correctly linked with the talent values, but I'll wait to reupload because it looks like you're making new skins.  Nice black costume btw.

For the Vampiric Coils, I decided not to have it cost energy every time he drains health, because I thought it would be a little contradictory.  If he's draining power from an enemy, he shouldn't be losing energy.

Quote from: idrinkdrpepper on August 27, 2007, 07:12AM
Yeah, I tried bolting the idle tentacles in the same place and I think the forearms are the right place to bolt them, but they pass in and out of his hand and poke out of the top of his arm in some places.  It's not as noticeable in-game, but in the menu it looks a little glitched.

Ok, I understand now. :)

QuoteI fixed the Red Armor so that it's correctly linked with the talent values, but I'll wait to reupload because it looks like you're making new skins.  Nice black costume btw.

Thanks, but I am kinda stuck on other skins due to the lack of base models and reference arts....

QuoteFor the Vampiric Coils, I decided not to have it cost energy every time he drains health, because I thought it would be a little contradictory.  If he's draining power from an enemy, he shouldn't be losing energy.

I wasn't sure whether that was intended because of the talents description, but that's fine with me. :)

@ Iammingy -- you might use the Super Soldier as the Wolverine's Revenge Omega.

I think there's metal on the head, but you can alpha it out, or paint it like hair.  Probably the closest thing, but IMO the Wolverine's Revenge skin is too cool to pass up.

August 27, 2007, 03:56PM #22 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:11PM by iammingy
That sounds like a great idea!!

Awesome job.  Omega's great fun to play. thx for sharing.

are there any new skins out for him other than the original...

Quick question/ suggestion - could the ps2 model of omega red be used at all (obviously needing conversion etc)?

it is being used, i sent it to idrinkdrpepper in one of the first replies in this thread. i think i deleted the link though, but he included it in the mod

Man, the more I play this, the more awesome it becomes.  Seriously, this is in my top 3 all-time mods.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on August 28, 2007, 11:03AM
it is being used, i sent it to idrinkdrpepper in one of the first replies in this thread. i think i deleted the link though, but he included it in the mod

sorry, meant the one from Wolverine's revenge (if it's possible to use models from elsewhere)

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on August 28, 2007, 10:24AM
are there any new skins out for him other than the original...

I had been working on the Ultimate costume since cvc released his version... (yikes!) I found a pic of the Toybiz figure of the AOA Rossivich and some ref pics yesterday. I will release them once I finish doing the topless costume, but I still need to figure out why I can't edit the alpha-channel on skins... lol

Ultimate:

AOA (using my imaginations...):