Author Topic: Let's Get to Brainstorming!  (Read 4082 times)

Offline jaybird

• Amazing Member
Re: Let's Get to Brainstorming!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 04:19pm »
Now I'm all for modding mua2 but I want to know what from mua2 can be added to mua 1.Rather is it easier to add stuff know that there's a PC port?Is it easier to convert skins and powers,can we use their fightstyles,can we increase the number of heroes that can be on one team?

Offline Polygone

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Build Heaven on the back of Hell
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 04:36pm »
It still baffles me they opted for the 360 version instead of just updating the pc version, it seems like a lot of unneccesary extra work but whatever I guess.

I was wondering if there was any news surrounding the way files are packaged in mua2? I saw the amazing War Machine/Cap swap so now I'm kinda curious about animations, effects etc.
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Offline MUALover

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Owl City - "When Can I See You Again?" <3
    • My not-so-great website
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 11:35pm »
^ This. Creating new mods for MUA2 looks so far to be possible, but the fusions alone will take a lot of work. All new mods would have to create fusions when combined with each in-game character, as well as combined with any other new mods that are created over time. Basic math can tell you that would be quite the headache.

In-game character fusions can stay where they are, but for potential new MUA2 mods, I would suggest creating only selective fusions based on their comic history. For example, if Jessica Jones were to be created, she can perform fusion attacks with (obviously) Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, etc. but not much else. This way, you'd still have to make fusions, but the amount of work won't be nearly as much. It also makes fusions more rare and special. And sure, that would limit characters a bit, thus making the game harder, but it also creates strategy. You can pick any four heroes or villains, but now you'd have to think "Who would work great together enough to have fusion attacks?" Just a thought I had.

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm now a moderator! Thanks to the site admins and moderators for this promotion. I appreciate it.

For the new characters, example, Jessica Jones, she'll have unique fusions to Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc. but for other characters she'll have those 15 basic fusions. Copying and pasting other characters fusions and replace the effects with the one that fits her is the best and possible way to get rid of the hard working on the fusions. It would be better to stay that way for balancing the gameplay.

But I hope the selective fusions won't crash the game.. And congratulations on the promotion! :D You really deserve it.

Now I'm all for modding mua2 but I want to know what from mua2 can be added to mua 1.Rather is it easier to add stuff know that there's a PC port?Is it easier to convert skins and powers,can we use their fightstyles,can we increase the number of heroes that can be on one team?

From what I know, the MUA2 powerstyle's format is very different from MUA1, and that would be impossible to copy the powers from it because basically it has more different handlers than MUA1. Even the game's engine is (probably) not the same.

It still baffles me they opted for the 360 version instead of just updating the pc version, it seems like a lot of unneccesary extra work but whatever I guess.

I was wondering if there was any news surrounding the way files are packaged in mua2? I saw the amazing War Machine/Cap swap so now I'm kinda curious about animations, effects etc.

MUA2 and MUA1 remaster are packaged in .bin files, but we managed to extract it and play with the extracted files without problems. The effects are stored in .igz format, while animations stored in .hkx files. Impossible to mod them right now..
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Offline DJay Saint

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Scars heal, pain fades, but glory lasts forever.
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 11:46pm »

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm now a moderator! Thanks to the site admins and moderators for this promotion. I appreciate it.

Congrats.  I never got it because I would totally abuse my power.  I'm not a very nice person.

Just kidding.

Ok not really.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Offline Julio Cabral

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 10:45am »
We tried it before on both original Xbox and 360 and it didn't work. We should still try again, though.
Here, just for fun, if someone have the remastered MUA1, could please any of this custom skins with xbox optimized settigns:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ook697ecg9d8avz/testxbox2.igb

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qcvyvy6n31af9vc/testxbox.igb

Offline MARVELfan:D

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 01:41pm »
wait Xbox srttings are better than the regular pc?

Offline Julio Cabral

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 01:48pm »
wait Xbox srttings are better than the regular pc?
Those ones supposedly work in the new MUA1, the remastered version; the custom meshes with PC settings aren't anymore.

Offline Not Named

• Rook
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 05:01pm »
From what I know, the MUA2 powerstyle's format is very different from MUA1, and that would be impossible to copy the powers from it because basically it has more different handlers than MUA1. Even the game's engine is (probably) not the same.

My understanding is that the Wii version of MUA2 is closer to the MUA1 engine, but X360/PS3 is very different, and so PC is probably very different.

I apologize for my ignorance , but has anyone been able to swap powers in the MUA2 PC version as a proof of concept? For example, swapping Spider-Man's rapid-tap power and Iron-Man's rapid-tap power. That could provide insight into the difficulty of repurposing existing powers, possibly boss powers, aND creating new powers. We already know npc meshes work thanks to WarMachine-Cap swap, awesome work there.

I tried the search function but couldn't turn anything like this up, but maybe I just missed something obvious.

Offline Not Named

• Rook
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 05:28pm »
I don't think I'll be modding much these weeks, but here's an idea: how about we track some of VV's former developers and see if they can help us figure things out?

I think this is an excellent idea. Names are listed in the credits and can be searched on LinkedIn and Twitter, many game developers are hppy to answer questions as long as it won't jeapordize their current or future jobs.

Im guessing you are more likely to get info from people who are no longer in the games industy, bUT either way, promising confidentiality when reaching out would go a long way.

Wouldn't expect anyine to remember code, but they could point you in the right direction for big questions , like "is this file I found related to X" and "who could I ask about how Y works", or even "I am planning on doing Z, do you remember whether there were any big issues or hassles with this?"

Remember that it's a big team and people have different disciplines, so leads would be good for big picture questions , someone with a title like "fusion designer" will be able to answer questions about fusion file structure but probably not the game engine, etc.

Also, a lot of tme has passed since the game came out, so people may be less nervous than they were a few years ago.

Offline Not Named

• Rook
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 07:09pm »
Done some extensive research on fusions :

Fusions divided into 15 parts (and that's all of it), with an additional info about the fusion names written in the game's code :

1. Guided Fusions :

- Guided 1 - Tornado (Storm + Iceman) - fusion_create_tornado (for the characters creating the tornado) / fusion_attack_tornado (for the characters ‘tossing’ something into the tornado)

- Guided 2 - Clothesline (Invisible Woman + Human Torch) - fusion_clothesline

- Guided 3 - Double Charge (Wolverine + Black Panther) - fusion_dcharge

- Guided 4 - Hamsterball (Songbird + Hulk) - fusion_create_sphere (for the characters creating the sphere) / fusion_attack_sphere (for the characters inside the sphere)

2. Clearing Fusions :

- Clearing 1 - Collect and Blast (Spiderman + Iron-Man) - fusion_vortex (for the characters collecting the enemies) / fusion_target_range (for the characters delivering final blow)

- Clearing 2 - Collect and Smash (Invisible Woman + Psylocke) - fusion_vortex (for the characters collecting the enemies) / fusion_target_melee (for the characters delivering final blow)

- Clearing 3 - Beam Split (Storm + Invisible Woman) - fusion_aso (for the characters creating the beam) / fusion_create_splitting_object (for the characters splitting the beam)

- Clearing 4 - Double Melee Pound (Thing + Thor) - fusion_double_melee

- Clearing 5 - Skeet Shoot (Deadpool + Iron Fist) - fusion_knockdown

- Clearing 6 - Ice Split (Iceman + Wolverine) - fusion_icesplit_ice (for the characters giving the ice armor) / fusion_icesplit_split (for the characters receiving the ice armor)

3. Targeted Fusions :

- Targeted 1 - Fastball (Hulk + Wolverine) - fusion_throwally (for the characters throwing the ally) /
fusion_manjectile (for the characters being thrown)

- Targeted 2 - Charge Projectile (Human Torch + Thing) - fusion_charge_projectile (for the characters charging the projectile) / fusion_attack_projectile (for the characters throwing the projectile)

- Targeted 3 - Rodeo (Magneto + Spider-Man) - fusion_create_rodeo (for the characters acquiring the projectile) / fusion_grab_rodeo (for the characters tossing it back and forth)

- Targeted 4 - Alley Oop (Hulk + Captain America) - fusion_alley_up (for the characters tossing the ally up)/fusion_alley_down (for the characters diving down to the ground)

- Targeted 5 - Paddle Yank (Jean Grey + Captain America) - fusion_paddle_yank (for the characters yanking
the ally) / fusion_paddle_ball (for the characters being yanked)

So, for those who want to mod new characters, I'm begging you to please reconsider it lol :D

A special thanks to brianmaslanyre7 for letting me see the MUA 2 fusion gameplay videos :D

How do I "like" posts on this forum? This post requires many, many likes. Thank you for breaking this down!

Aside from the code, you may also want to look in the MUA2 "dossier" text files. They give some broad information on the game's systems, like the fusion types you've already listed and the various "damage types" for powers. You might also look at help text that appears for the costume unlocks , because they were teaching certain game concepts related to the under the hold systems. I believe there were some along the lines of 'defeat 3 enemies at once with a radial power'

Offline Dorpond

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 05:53am »
Here, just for fun, if someone have the remastered MUA1, could please any of this custom skins with xbox optimized settigns:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ook697ecg9d8avz/testxbox2.igb

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qcvyvy6n31af9vc/testxbox.igb
Tested,does not work :с
Game crashes.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Invincible Member
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 06:40am »
Only left that can work out are skinnerui & sound editing. Wait, what about PS2 & PSP models?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline MUALover

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Owl City - "When Can I See You Again?" <3
    • My not-so-great website
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 08:13am »
I apologize for my ignorance , but has anyone been able to swap powers in the MUA2 PC version as a proof of concept? For example, swapping Spider-Man's rapid-tap power and Iron-Man's rapid-tap power. That could provide insight into the difficulty of repurposing existing powers, possibly boss powers, aND creating new powers. We already know npc meshes work thanks to WarMachine-Cap swap, awesome work there.

I tried the search function but couldn't turn anything like this up, but maybe I just missed something obvious.

It would take weeks (or maybe months) to complete because we can't do anything yet other than opening it with Notepad, because the powerstyles and talents have different file formats that can't be decompiled with XMLBCUI.

How do I "like" posts on this forum? This post requires many, many likes. Thank you for breaking this down!

A little bit off-topic, but thanks a lot! Really appreciate your compliment. Look under the member's profile photo on the left lol :P

Aside from the code, you may also want to look in the MUA2 "dossier" text files. They give some broad information on the game's systems, like the fusion types you've already listed and the various "damage types" for powers. You might also look at help text that appears for the costume unlocks , because they were teaching certain game concepts related to the under the hold systems. I believe there were some along the lines of 'defeat 3 enemies at once with a radial power'

I'll take a look at that as well, still waiting for the patch to completely dive into the game's files.. :D
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench