This post has been updated as of 5/20/2021
A rebelling nameless soldier from the Genetic Research and Security Organization (GRSO) is armed with all the equipment and gear he needs to assist his mutant allies to putting in end to Apocalypse's forces. He comes with a full set of powers: 6 offensive powers, 2 secondary (1 buff, and 1 team buff), and 2 Xtremes.
Change log: Spoiler
5/14/2021 - Recent Update
- Installation for this character is now arranged to prevent memory issues from occurring for the game.
- Gun whack animation has now been set to his attack_stun.
- New character selection portrait
- Uses 128x128 Hud_Head portraits
- Flamethrower weapon can now replace his current gun while in game.
- Voices and appropriate sounds have been given to this character.
- Costumes 01-07, he carries his weapon and holding his gun forward. Costumes 07-09 he'll have the Fightstyle_Hero's idle while still able to perform the same abilities.
- Costumes 01-07 uses a gun whack for his attack stun combo. For 08 and 09, he performs the default attack stun with his fists.
- Costumes 08 and 09, does a different menu_action to indicate the differences from his fist fighting and gun variant. They also carry a weapon as a placeholder while in the Team Menu but switch to Power gloves when in combat zones.Click to enlarge the image.
Additional Skin:Nuclear Lab TechWeapon List: Each skin has him carrying a different weapon.
Skin 01 - Mp5
Skin 02 - Laser Gun
Skin 03 - Mercenary Rifle (It is a skin segment for this character and not a separate model)
Skin 04 - Lightning Gun
Skin 05 - Knockback Gun
Skin 06 - Mp5
Skin 07 - Mp5
Skin 08 - M_nullifier (during Xtraction Points), Powergloves in Combat Maps
Skin 09 - Laser Gun (during Xtraction Points), Super Powergloves in Combat Maps
Nuclear Lab Tech - Can use any weapon depending on which skin you set him on.
Fires a clip of bullets
- Starting AbilityLaser Beam
An energy filtered beam that knocks down a single target.
- Learned at Level 7.Tactical Knife
A close range melee weapon. Strikes twice in an X shape and deals Bleed Damage.
- Level Requirement: 14.
- Laser Beam is required to be learned.Full Automatic
Fires Bullets continuously when holding down the ability. Can also rotate while firing.
- Level Requirement: Level 14
- Laser Beam is required to be learnedFrag Grenade
Throws a grenade that explodes on a small area.
- Level Requirement: 21.
- Full Automatic is required to be learned
- Now deals knock back upon explosionTemperature Gun
Slows or burns enemies depending on the element. Puts out fires if using ice.Press And Hold ability to Initiate FIREPress And Hold after ice initiates to continue initiating ICE
- Level Requirement: 28.
- Slow and Burn debuff lasts the same amount of time.DRONE STRIKE (Xtreme 1)
Calls for air support. A hidden aircraft then fires missiles into the area, causing destruction.
- Level Requirement: 15.
- Deals Popup DamageHI-TECH FORCEFIELD (Xtreme 2)
Provides all allies with a high-tech barrier. Reflecting all damage received back at attackers.
- Level Requirement: 20.Intuition (Boost)
Prepares self for incoming battles. Increases defense rating.
- Level Requirement: 1
- Buffs himself onlySupport Perks (Boost)
Boosts all character traits for the entire team.
- Level Requirement: 14.
- Intuition is required to be learnedPassive Skills:Critical Strike
Increases critical hit chances on melee attacks.
- Shared Talent applied to this hero.Experienced Soldier
Soldiers trained to maintain themselves in battle. Increases EP regeneration rate.
- Level Requirement: 7.
- Operates like Mutant Master. Basically to define his race as a Human. Resistant Uniform
Increases resistance to Elemental, Energy, and Radiation Damage.
- Level Requirement: Level 14
- Experienced Soldier is required to be learnedWeapon Maintenance
Ensures weapons are in top shape. Adds damage and critical chance to gun and explosive attacks.
- Level Requirement: 21
- Resistant Uniform is required to be learned
How to equip the The Flamethrower and Backpack at all times:
The flamethrower gun and backpack only appears when initiating the Temperature Gun ability, and disappears after the move ends. However, I added a neat gimmick that allows you to equip these weapons at all times for aesthetic purposes (because, you know, Flamethrowers are awesome. lol).
Simply perform the Temperature Gun ability. As he begins crouching, make sure you're not holding any buttons (like the R button), and quickly press the Jump button (In gamecube, it's the Y button). You'll hear the sound of equipping an item. His gun will be replaced with the Flamethrower and he will also put on the backpack. For the two power glove skins, He only equips the backpack since he's already equipped with power gloves.
Perform the same method as above, but instead, press the Use Button command (in Gamecube, it's the X button) You'll hear the dropping equipment sound, and his aesthetics will revert to default.
The backpack will disappear when performing these methods:
1) Pause the game and enter the Team Management menu
2) Enter a different map
3) Enter Xtraction Points
When it disappears, you can just re-equip them when performing this ability. The flamethrower will sometimes remain since it's coded to replace the current gun he's holding.
- Raven Software: Original XML1/XML2/MUA Assets
- BaconWizard17: For assisting me on how to make my own Power Icons, Conversation Portrait, and Character Selection Portrait.
What's Left To Do:
- Any future updates will just be fixing bugs, adjusting balances, arranging on his .fb packages, or adding updated animation (when animation mixing becomes possible for older Raven games).
- Feel free to make custom skins for this hero. I won't take any credit for your creativity but would enjoy playing as other member's custom skins for him!
- This hero is free to use as a base if you plan to make your own mod using his assets to start off from. Just make sure you don't keep too much of his default assets and make his play style is as different as possible. Also be sure to credit me if you plan on doing so.