Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Enchlore's boosters: Spider-Man, Hank Pym, Squirrel Girl  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 11
  • aka Geddy
Hello, this is where I post boosters I made for MUA characters (default or mods from the community). I'm not very experienced with this but every mod here has been thoroughly tested for any glaring issues. If there's any error that I haven't noticed, please notify me so I can try to fix it.

Spider-Man
This is a beefy booster for Spider-Man. He's my favorite character, and his portrayal in Ultimate Alliance kinda disappointed me because he's not very strong and his offensive powers are pretty weak. There aren't a lot of boosters for him, and the only one that really attempts to power him up was Outsider's, and even that wasn't exactly how I'd have wanted to buff up Spidey. Now this booster truly makes Spider-Man more powerful - perhaps too powerful! - and he can at last keep up with the other heroes in the roster, with a varied moveset mixing strong melee attacks and special web weapons.

Features:
- New power: Spider Sting - a sweeping melee attack that knocks enemies back, knocking them farther back depending on how many points you spend. Good for when you're surrounded by strong enemies. Inspired by the Marvel vs. Capcom games.
- New power: Electric Web - an electric web ball that pierces shields, electrifies enemies and can spread its effect. Inspired by Spider-Man PS4.
- New Xtreme: Maximum Spider - jumps around attacking all enemies on screen, dealing massive damage. Inspired by the Marvel vs. Capcom games.
- Web Bomb power from Outsider's booster.
- Slingshot now deals more damage. It's a risky move to use since it has limited range, you're vulnerable while charging and you can't adjust the direction after you start it, but it originally wasn't very strong so it wasn't worth keeping in your loadout - now it's certainly worth the risk.
- Web Snare and Bungee Bash were removed to make space for the new moves and because they got kinda redundant (Web Bomb does the same thing but better and Maximum Spider is a better xtreme).
- Several other minor improvements.
- Various other aesthetic, sound and naming changes.

THINGS TO NOTE:
- You NEED to have the Official Characters Pack installed before using this booster, as I used some effects and assets from it.
- With this booster, Spider-Man now has 42 fightmoves, so be careful when using teams of four characters.
- Because of the high fightmove count, Spider-Man with this booster might cause problems in Mephisto's Realm depending on your team. Be careful when using him there (or keep him out of that level), as it can cause Blackheart to not spawn or crash the game at the Mephisto boss arena. If you really want him there, I recommend using boosted Spidey on his own, or with a team of two or three, on that level.

Special thanks to:
- Outsider for the Web Bomb power and additional tips
- Maegawa for some coding that was used as a base
- Canino for the icons

Download

OPTIONAL: Here's some voice files of Spider-Man calling out Maximum Spider. XTREME1 is the MvC3 Josh Keaton voice and XTREME2 is the original arcade voice from Patrick Chilvers. They're .wav files ready to insert in a voice pack with ZSM Editor (if you're unsure how, there are some tutorials in the forum). I didn't include a ready voice file in the booster because I didn't want to step on the toes of people who already have an alternate voice pack for Spider-Man (like me - I use the Chris Barnes voice pack).

Squirrel Girl
You don't need to download the original mod to install this, as I modified a lot of the files or made new ones so I thought it was better to just include the whole package in the download.

The original Squirrel Girl mod by Polygone was good and fun, but it was lacking some stuff. This booster started out as a simple voice pack (the original mod had no sounds of its own), then I made some special conversations with the clips I found, then decided to make it a full-blown booster with some improvements I had in mind. Squirrel Girl now has a lot of new features!

New features in this booster:
- New power: Calling All Squirrels - summons friendly squirrels that fiercely attack enemies in a radius.
- New boost: Pocket Acorns - shares some acorns with the rest of the team, restoring health.
- Tail Sweep is now a radial power and knocks enemies back.
- The grab smash has been fixed (it didn't work before) and can be upgraded through her Nut Going Anywhere power.
- Squirrel Girl now has voice clips and power sounds. There's a lot of different lines!
- Voice clips for break lines you can add to your x_voice.
- Special conversations with Professor X, Rhino (at the Pinball), Nick Fury (in Castle Doom) and Dr. Doom. It's in a separate folder with a readme file so you can be sure you want them in your game and if you're going to replace anything.
- New power icons and character portraits.
- Skins are now hex-edited. Arcade Androids at Murderworld and shapeshifting characters can assume Squirrel Girl's form.
- Several other minor improvements.

Credits to:
- Polygone for the original mod
- BLaw for the original skins, which I just hex-edited
- Outsider for the guide on upgradeable grab smashes

Special conversations preview
Download

Hank Pym
This is a mini-booster for Outsider's Hank Pym mod (which means you need to have it downloaded and installed before getting this, of course). All I did, really, was add some powers from his Ant-Man mod, to represent that part of Pym's history (and also because I wanted to get another character in my roster and blending Hank's and Scott's movesets helped me feel better about replacing Ant-Man).

Changes from the original mod:
- Robotic Orb has been replaced with Bullet Ants.
- Ant Swarm was added to Hank's powers.
- Hank now shrinks when flying.

The only known issue is that the transparency on his banner (in the character select screen) doesn't work. I wasn't able to fix that :S

Download
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:00pm by Enchlore »
Check out my mods!
Aesthetics | Boosters | Characters | NPCs | Skins | Sounds

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
Re: Enchlore's boosters: Spider-Man, Hank Pym
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 10:36am »
Released a beefy new Spider-Man booster!
Check out my mods!

Offline Panaka_69
  • Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:10pm »
Great job with spidey! He is a lot of fun

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 02:00pm »
I've been notified that my Spider-Man booster is causing problems when using him in Mephisto's Realm, so I added a warning for that. Unfortunately there's not a lot that can be done as game limitations with the fightmove count are causing this.
Check out my mods!

Online ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 09:26pm »
The only known issue is that the transparency on his banner (in the character select screen) doesn't work. I wasn't able to fix that :S

I had troubles with banners as well. I was working with the template from marvelmods and made it work once and another time it didn't work. I tried various things and finally figured out that the icons from the skinnerui come out with a black background, but are actually transparent inside the igb-file. So I tried icons with a transparent background (like they should look ingame) and this works most of the time, though sometimes the banner still doesn't for some reason.
There is two ways you can try to make it work with GIMP (https://www.gimp.org/downloads or https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable):

- Use Template for GIMP. (https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10631.html)
- Create the images on one or multiple new layer(s).
- If need be, adjust the mask ("Spaces" layer) to cover your banner better.
- Hide the top ("Numbering") layer.
- Method 1)
   a) Right click on the top layer and create a new layer from visible.
   b) Right click on the mask ("Spaces") layer and click on select from alpha channel.
   c) with this selection go to the "Visible" layer and delete selection.
  Method 2)
   a) Right click on the layer located right under the mask ("Spaces") layer and create a new layer from visible.
   b) Change the mask ("Spaces") layer's mode to "Erase".
- export the picture as bmp ARGB.
- Use Skinner UI to import the bmp-file.

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 02:59pm »
Released a Squirrel Girl booster!
Check out my mods!

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 104
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
Re: Enchlore's boosters: Spider-Man, Hank Pym, Squirrel Girl
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 04:38pm »
This is awesome! With all the work you put into it, you could certainly call it a separate mod rather than a booster