[XML2] Unlocking Danger Room courses and grades

Started by Jayjay, September 02, 2020, 09:12AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Welcome, this tutorial will show you how to unlock any Danger Room course and grade in "X-Men Legends II"!

TUTORIAL TOPICS

• - how to unlock any Danger Room grade
  • - how to unlock any Danger Room course
  • - what you need to know while doing these modifications
REQUIRED TOOLS

• - "XMLBCUI" compiler
  • - any text editor
IMPORTANT NOTES

Forgive me if I make mistake in the extensions of mentioned files. I have a Polish release of the game and in my case I had to recompile "*.polb" files. If you have an English release, then propably you must seek files ended with the "*.engb" extension.

You have to start a new game every time after you recompile modified file to see any changes in Danger Room.

Furthermore, due to non-English language from my side, I can't release files presenting a final effect in case you would like to quickly download files and see this in action. This could bring many incompatibilities.

Lastly, I wasn't able to add the images directly to this post, so I added links to my Google Drive instead. I tried to insert those links between "img" tags, but it's not working.
LET US BEGIN!

Head to the "dangerroom.***b" file located in "Data" folder (the extension is dependant of language used in the game) and decompile it using "XMLBCUI". Open it as a decompiled version.

UNLOCKING DANGER ROOM GRADE

Locate the first "GRADE" text. Help yourself with your search engine if you need it. In my case it lies on line #204. See the "unlocked" property just under the "name"? Setting this to "true" will unlock any grade you want. Best place to put this is just after the "name" property (this is important, see below why!).

unlocked = true ;

Just insert the same property in every "GRADE" block of code and there you have it! After recompiling the same file and starting a new game, you'll be able to enter to your desired grade which has the "unlocked" property set to "true".

UNLOCKING DANGER ROOM COURSE

If the course is unlocked from the start or not, decides other parameter. This time, search for the "startloaded" property. Then, in the "COURSE" block, enter the same property with the "true" value.

startloaded = true ;

When you finished, just recompile as usual and launch the game starting from scratch. Any course having this property pasted without errors will be unlocked immediately!

Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jUmgfmPDGPMVbsKySv9tF1BG0VuMpW49/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fEKVCmc7_q_vgk_ICRSezu5WnY5ysk_4/view?usp=sharing

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW?

Watch out where you put those properties. All of these values must respect alphabetical order. I set the "startloaded" property after "title" for additional testing and after compilation process, the course was still locked! When you set the "unlocked" property for the grade before the "name", the name of the grade in the Danger Room grade selection window will be vanished! So, make sure you put these properties in correct place, as if they were sorted alphabetically.

This is the end of this tutorial! Thanks for watching and feel free to leave your opinion about this! Say "goodbye" to the cheat which isn't supposed to work.