NRskinner (DXT1,DXT3, DXT5, PS2 (palettized), and 32bit bmp) Version 1.6

Started by Norrin Radd, November 04, 2007, 11:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 05, 2007, 11:20PM #15 Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:43PM by cvc
I installed it the NRskinner2 aah where do I run it from.I'm for some reason just not getting it.

EDIT gotcha. 

And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

1. you can unzip it to desktop,
2. then open the Command Prompt
3. use the commands "cd .." and "cd Desktop" ... until you get to the correct folder where you unzipped it
4. use the commands as in the examples, like "NRskinner -xdds skin.igb newskin.dds"

i am making an easier to use program, NRskinnerSE, basically you can double click on it, so you dont have to open the command line, and you enter the paramters right there

November 06, 2007, 12:03AM #18 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:20AM by cvc
That would really be great,I'm still not getting it but if I look at it long enough it should come to me.

EDIT: thank you now to try those ps2 files.

EDIT: the cfg file just notepad and go that rout easy.

November 06, 2007, 12:11AM #19 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:18AM by Norrin Radd
ok, its updated, now you can run NRskinnerSE.exe (its in the zip)

All you need to do is double click on it and follow the options
(1) if you are exporting the dds, (0) if importing the image into the igb
then say the name of the igb
then say the name of the dds

good luck

edit:
you need to have the cfg file configured first of course though, which will contain the offsets

November 06, 2007, 04:05AM #20 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:25AM by BliZZ
OMG! The SE works awesome :thumbsup: It is great to avoid typing out the cd command every time!

ETA: For proportions of 256x512 (256 wide, 512 long), would it be " 512 256 " or " 256 512 "? (For Angel's wings in the PC winged skin)

EDIT2: NVM, got it working, went 512x256 :)

Blizz when ever I run it it works but the .dds is snowy or fuzzy or looks like a star map I used the offsets from the boards whats going on???

For which skin are you having issues?

November 06, 2007, 05:48AM #23 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:03AM by cvc
So far all the ps2 on the offsets thread.Some are half the file and still snowy it's got to be something I'm doin or not doin all the way here is what I put in 3804.igb ps2 256 256 50737 49713 . for ex.

EDIT: At least I know how it works so I'll come back to it.

Hmmmm.... PS2 extraction isn't working for me either. I get the error "Could not complete your request because of a problem with the file format module interface" when I try to open it in Photoshop. But, then again, I get the same issue with that blank 256256 file in cluded :shy:

Also, Norrin, it doesn't seem to work with dxt5, even with the proper blank file saved. Just letting you know :)

November 06, 2007, 07:16AM #25 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:25AM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: BliZZ on November 06, 2007, 05:54AM
Hmmmm.... PS2 extraction isn't working for me either. I get the error "Could not complete your request because of a problem with the file format module interface" when I try to open it in Photoshop. But, then again, I get the same issue with that blank 256256 file in cluded :shy:

i think iammingy also had a problem with it, i dont know if he was using photoshop. I think he had to convert it first. I cant really fix it because it works fine for me, so im not sure what is wrong. This uses the same method as what the PS2skinner did.
@ cvc, can you open the blank 256256.dds file fine? is it just after you export that you are having problems?

Quote from: BliZZ on November 06, 2007, 05:54AM
Also, Norrin, it doesn't seem to work with dxt5, even with the proper blank file saved. Just letting you know :)

Did you name your dxt5 template files 512512dxt3.dds and then run it using dxt3 in the input file? it wont run dxt5 automatically, as i havent set it up, you should try it using it as a dxt3. If thats what you tried and it didnt work, then ok.

edit:
also, for the ps2 issue, one thing you could try is saving a blank 256x256 or whatever dimension blank file dds with NO compression, and then replace the template i packaged, and see if that works

November 06, 2007, 12:32PM #26 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:59PM by cvc
Well I tried to open the blank file useing gimp,dds.exe - Unable To Locate Component this application has failed to start because libgimp-2.0-0.dll was not found, witch I don't understand when I can edit dds files in other programs??

Edit: Yeah I downloaded the Gimp 2.4 and then the plugin in the plugins folder but may have got the wrong plugin.The skinner works its just when I go to edit it it looks like the offset are wrong wavey line and such. I'm not sure witch is the right plugin?

November 06, 2007, 12:49PM #27 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:52PM by Norrin Radd
which version of Gimp do you have?
you need to get the correct version of the dds add-on depending on the version of gimp

What you can also try is that dxtbmp program i mentioned in the first post. It can convert between dds and bmp, so you only have to worry about editing bmps!

edit:
i hope you downloaded the actual gimp program before trying just dds.exe, dds.exe is just a plug-in, i will find the link for Gimp 2.4

download Gimp here:
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
And put the dds.exe file you got in the plugins folder for Gimp, it should tell you where the directory is

Quote from: cvc on November 06, 2007, 12:32PM
Well I tried to open the blank file useing gimp,dds.exe - Unable To Locate Component this application has failed to start because libgimp-2.0-0.dll was not found, witch I don't understand when I can edit dds files in other programs??

Edit: Yeah I downloaded the Gimp 2.4 and then the plugin in the plugins folder but may have got the wrong plugin.The skinner works its just when I go to edit it it looks like the offset are wrong wavey line and such. I'm not sure witch is the right plugin?

The plugin version you want is 2.0 win32
download the plug-in directly from here http://nifelheim.dyndns.org/~cocidius/download.php?filename=gimp-dds-win32

November 06, 2007, 01:20PM #29 Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:28PM by Norrin Radd
cvc, can you upload which file you are trying, and pass me the line in the CFG file you are using? i will try it when i have time

edit:
great, ill check it out tonight