Finally got a Xbox 360 just for the gold edition...

Started by Singlemalt, November 02, 2007, 03:28PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I joined the ranks and finally got one. I hooked it up to my Samsung 22" Widescreen but couldn't get sound. I bought the VGA cable and a audio Y-adapter to plug into my soundcard for the audio plugs on the VGA cables. I plugged the adapter into my soundcard and the audio plugs into that but couldn't get any sound. I don't think I will be able to with my current speakers. I have older speakers from Labtec, I looked for them on the net but could not find them. The bass box has the volume control and three cords leading to the powersupply, speakers and soundcard. When I take the plug out for the soundcard how will the xbox 360 communicate with the audio plugs on the VGA cable to the speakers if it all gets routed through the Labtec box?

Anyway, I wasn't really impressed with the graphics which really surprised me. My Geforce 7950 really makes the game look incredible with AA at 4 and resolution at 1680X1050. Now I have the shadows at the lowest level other wise it will crawl, but I don't really need those anyway. Does the 360 even use AA? It didn't look like it. I do love their Hulk model though, wish like hell he was out for the PC or even ps2 so the talented people here could port him. My favorite skin of him is the planet hulk one, really love that one.

That sucks about the sound but the resolution thats great I use the 7800 over clocked with good results.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

I got it working. I had to go to Bestbuy and purchase new PC speakers. The right speaker has a AUX jack on it and I plug the Y adapter that is attached to the audio plugs on the 360 VGA cable, into that and shazam I have sound. I am really liking the Gold edition of MUA, those official models are really awesome.

Let me get this right, Samsung 22" Widescreen with eye bleeding resolution,new Xbox 360 for the cutting edge console graphics,MUA gold for those elusive character's,and now with Superior sound systom.... :drool1:... :rockon:... :drool1:... :eek:...I got to lay down.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!